Xymma

Feb 14, 2018
@Xymma I don't mind you bouncing ideas off me at all! As far as the art goes, I do everything. I do all the art and find all the music (sometimes I pay musicians to create music for me if I can't find what I want for a scene), and I do all the writing. The one thing I cannot do is programming (like the inventory and random monster hunts). As you might imagine, me doing so much is what takes time. However, you will be happy to note that even though I make so little on Patreon (it's tough to survive on that amount every month in the USA, but I am just scraping by), I am able to do updates every month or a handful of times it has been bi-monthly for the full update. This IS my only job and income. Thus, I work on these projects about 10 - 16 hours a day. I have not had a day off since Halloween though I might take a day or two off in April. Anyway, some have conjectured my autism causes me to be such a workhorse, for myself, it keeps away the depression and the countless haunting thoughts that await me any time I am not thinking about something else. The rest of this post gets long...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for asking, and sorry I always have such long responses, but I do like to ensure I communicate well to my fans!

Wow, color me impressed, certainly wish I could support these projects monetarily, you've certainly earned it. Anyway I have many more ideas (As an aspiring author myself I have a very vivid imagination) but for the sake of not filling the comments section with our long winded replies, do you mind opening up a private conversation on this site?

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@Xymma I started a conversation as you desire.

@grego Thank you! Hopefully, you or others will find their way to reviewing this title, because someone gave it one start on its first build. Quite odd. I am happy you like it so far, and 16 chapters to go!

Reactions: Dank Quixote

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
@Xymma There will, however, be zombies, and blood.
I'm all for the zombies and infection stuff, but gore kills my interest faster than lightning. I hope you're considering adding a warning for that content. I recall you doing that in previous games, like being able to skip a sex scene with someone over the age of 60. If I can skip that, of all things, I'd definitely want to skip seeing the protag loose her bowels (in more ways than one).

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@cell943 Oh, worry not! It shan't have that level of such. When the zombies bite and/or rape her, she will become one of them. I like a little blood here and there (like when, say, a vampire drinks), but like you, I have limits. Anyway, if there is any such scene (doubtful), I shall certainly put up my red warning flags and as you recall, anything with a warning is never required for a character unlock, so it shall be skippable. However, I do not expect gratuitous gore at any point.

Reactions: guardian1571

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Thank you, I am happy you liked it! I got this one you just played finished on the 22nd of Jan. Since then I have done about 250 new renders and finished all the artwork for the next monster hunt, the Caverns. Next I shall start rendering Chapters 5 and 6, and so, my patrons should start getting updates in another couple of weeks, and then eventually it will make it's way here again.

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
Hey man, I gave this a play through. Great work as always. Some thoughts so far.

I wish the bad ends were a bit longer. In your other games, they go into it a bit more. I really liked the frost giant ending though! I suppose the combat is still a work in progress, but I think the potions are bugged. None of the stat potions seemed to do anything. Only way to beat the dark elf was to save scum and spam focus potions. Also, fundamentally, defend doesn't do anything because it lets you dodge an attack but you don't gain anything from it since you wasted an action. It should do something like increase evasion and armor, and if you dodge an attack while defending, your next attack is free. When you die, you should heal your hp/mp to full.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks for the feedback! In the new update about to start trickling down, I have put little "tutorial" videos to help explain things. As far as save scumming, I tested it three times myself and managed to beat her and the rest of the mountain with just my potions (I already gave a spoiler here on how to do it and the final release I am writing an extensive guide for). As far as the Bad Ends, each update the BE's should have around 5k words worth. In total, since this game will have 9 monster hunts and several bad ends per, there will be a HUGE number of Bad Ends. I can't make them all too long or you guys will have to wait two or three months between updates instead of closer to monthly.

As far as defend, it will be useful in future more complicated hunts where enemies will use things like charged attacks. It gives you a 100% dodge chance, so if people are not paying attention on those fights, they will end up getting hurt pretty bad. However, I always enjoy feedback, so thank you, again!

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
Hmmm when I used strength potion, I was still doing 50 base damage and reflex potion didnt seem to help me dodge any more than usual. Used resolve potion and still took 30/60 focus damage from dark elf like before.

edit: Oh unless it only works when you use it in battle? It said for the "rest of the hunt" when you inspect the potions so I just quaffed it after entering the mountains.

AlexAlex15

Mar 4, 2019
Hello, I'm kind of stuck. I'm trying to figure out how to reach Jacques but it seems impossible for me. I'm unable to access artifact screen. Did someone have a clue?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@AlexAlex15 I am not sure. I have not had any reported issues regarding this. You went through without clicking back and forth during fights?

Have you already talked to the Barbegazi? I apologize if this comes off rude, because I do not mean it to be so, but can you be a bit more specific for me? Maybe I can help you if you missed something.

AlexAlex15

Mar 4, 2019
Yeah your right. I think I went back and forth. It seems to have broken the game haha.
Thanks, and otherwise it's wonderful work!

Netori Popeye

Sep 7, 2017
If Anax wrote a book (paper and all) I would totally read it. He has a writer's touch that makes his works feel alive, even if you removed the visual element.

guardian1571

Oct 26, 2017
It's sad that I'm not a patreon to this artist. Sadly I patreoned to other people (Lewdlab) (DvoikaGames) and they struggled to deliver on time and now all of my trust for these patreons are gone. In another life, Anax. <3

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@witcher1701 Good news! My idea is to use all these VN's as a foundation for Unity games (like my recently announced ) and e-books/paper books! I totally intend to rewrite these VN's as non-erotica (maybe soft core/Game of Thrones type sex scenes). So, I'll let you know once I have them published and on Kindle Unlimited!

@guardian1571 Well, I would gladly suggest you ask any of my patrons, some of which have been with me over 3 years now- I definitely make releases on a timely manner. However, I understand. I have actually gotten angry many, many times when I look at some of the other creators on here and see they have patreons 3 times or more the size of mine and yet they produce much smaller content updates in much longer amounts of time! Oh well, I am a man of passion and shan't be detoured from my goals no matter what happens!

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes