The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@guardian1571 I do not have an exact date yet, but it will definitely be this month sometime. I just got Impresario's first run through of programming back for the forest, so now it's time for me to do all the bad ends and such. Once this new build goes out to my patreon, the one they have had will hit the public. But, definitely this month!

Reactions: guardian1571

chesire

May 5, 2017
Just played the game and your universe is lot more interconnected than I thought Anax. But I don't remember Rose Riley in your works yet? Noir Nights maybe??

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@chesire Excellent guess! She is the daughter of Walter and Clover Riley! She is also mentioned in my Cereborg: Inception project as having sent some plants to her friend, Chieko Naru. This will all come into play later, but has meaning, just like everything else I write. If I put it into a story, it will have a purpose even if people do not know what it is yet. But, yes, well done, Of Sex and Souls: Noir Nights is correct.

Reactions: chesire

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Just a head's up! Some of my investors wanted a place for my fans to come together and chat about the Anaxverse, so feel free to join my new Discord!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Ok, new update is out for everyone to enjoy! As usual, I don't know all that MEGA stuff, but will contact @muttdoggy and let him know, and he usually edits my main post with all those other downloads (BIG thanks to him and the other mods that help this old man out!)

You can download it

I also added it to the OP of this thread and took down the old links that were up.

Reactions: Randomplayer

slibb

Donor
Nov 4, 2017
Damn, dig the artstyle on this one! Might have to check it out. Also, can't help but chuckle that there was an adult game called Slugs and Bugs. (Not shaming, just a funny ass name lol). I dig how interactive this dev seems though.

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Thank you, @slibb I do the best that I can. I appreciate your kind words, and I can't promise anything, but I do hope you enjoy my projects! I work very hard on them!

Reactions: slibb

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
You can buy the bimbo potion for free, but if you use it anywhere, you get a large error box and then get teleported back to the bar.

Perhaps different scenes depending on where it has been taken? Better yet, why not allow us to give it to some others :love:

slibb

Donor
Nov 4, 2017
Thank you, @slibb I do the best that I can. I appreciate your kind words, and I can't promise anything, but I do hope you enjoy my projects! I work very hard on them!
Dang, thanks for the quick reply! Definitely setting a great precedent for dev interaction with their players. Earned yourself one more player, based on that commitment alone.

chesire

May 5, 2017
Can someone give me a save file for chapter 5??
I cant enter mountains in my game

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
To say the gothic horror aesthecic is my shit, would be putting it mildly. Really dug Slugs and Bugs, so I'm lookin forward to playing what you got here so far.

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
So I used a save file from last time, which is when i got the sword just before chapter 5. Finished chapter 5 and six go into the caverns. and then finish the Selene bit and when I click to move forward this occurs.
it also does not show me the compass or map, therefore making continuing impossible

Apologies! An error has occurred. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.

Error: TypeError: State.variables.currentHuntZone is undefined.

Stack Trace:
theHunt/this.draw/<@file:///E:/xxxgames/DesideratumPUBLICApril2019/Desideratum/Desideratum%20-%20Blood%20Bonds.html line 14802 > eval:2557:5
dispatch@file:///E:/xxxgames/DesideratumPUBLICApril2019/Desideratum/Desideratum%20-%20Blood%20Bonds.html:60:10263
add/q.handle@file:///E:/xxxgames/DesideratumPUBLICApril2019/Desideratum/Desideratum%20-%20Blood%20Bonds.html:60:8325
trigger@file:///E:/xxxgames/DesideratumPUBLICApril2019/Desideratum/Desideratum%20-%20Blood%20Bonds.html:61:5806
p@file:///E:/xxxgames/DesideratumPUBLICApril2019/Desideratum/Desideratum%20-%20Blood%20Bonds.html:14805:2685
value/<@file:///E:/xxxgames/DesideratumPUBLICApril2019/Desideratum/Desideratum%20-%20Blood%20Bonds.html:14802:11552
r/<@file:///E:/xxxgames/DesideratumPUBLICApril2019/Desideratum/Desideratum%20-%20Blood%20Bonds.html:14800:24759
t/<@file:///E:/xxxgames/DesideratumPUBLICApril2019/Desideratum/Desideratum%20-%20Blood%20Bonds.html:14800:24536
dispatch@file:///E:/xxxgames/DesideratumPUBLICApril2019/Desideratum/Desideratum%20-%20Blood%20Bonds.html:60:10263
add/q.handle@file:///E:/xxxgames/DesideratumPUBLICApril2019/Desideratum/Desideratum%20-%20Blood%20Bonds.html:60:8325

AntiVeraX

Mar 17, 2018
This maybe a stupid question, but I killed all monsters in the mountain (first monster hunt), and I can't seem to do anything else. How do I complete or leave the area? Do I need to die? But there's no more monsters :D

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Glad to see a new one from Anax, I like the vast majority of his work, gonna try it out.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@Spyderwraith I knew I forgot something! You will need to start a new game! We think that in future releases people can use their saves, but due to certain changes in variables as we have developed this, you will def need a new game- however, I did add a "skip to chap 4" on the startup page to help out some.

You can buy the bimbo potion for free, but if you use it anywhere, you get a large error box and then get teleported back to the bar.

Perhaps different scenes depending on where it has been taken? Better yet, why not allow us to give it to some others :love:
Yes! The side items (so far Pink Potion, Baba Brew, and Strange Plant) are just place holders for now. By final release I DO intend to allow you to use different ones on different NPCs to have some non-canonical fun. However, right now I am focused on getting the meat and bones done first.

Dang, thanks for the quick reply! Definitely setting a great precedent for dev interaction with their players. Earned yourself one more player, based on that commitment alone.
Thank you so much! I do my best, just woke up and making my forum rounds as we speak! I have a Discord as well and thank you!

To say the gothic horror aesthecic is my shit, would be putting it mildly. Really dug Slugs and Bugs, so I'm lookin forward to playing what you got here so far.
I am happy you liked my project that started it all- yet is the end of the first major story arc! Each work happens in the Anaxverse and is all part of my canonical lore. They are all happening within a two year span of each other, and each has a different flavor, playstyle, and ambiance. I hope you en up liking D:BB here as much as SB:I!

Never mind i did it
Glad you figured it out! Even though I try to release stable builds, since this is still a work in progress, my programmer and I are only human. Sounds like it is working though!

how do i progress from the cavern where you cant reach the crystals because one is too cold and the other too hot. help
I will be releasing a strat guide with the final release of D:BB (also there will be a story mode version where one can skip all the game play if they so choose to). Each level will be a challenge and I always recommend saving your game before a Monster Hunt. In the caverns to find everything and complete it, you will need

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This maybe a stupid question, but I killed all monsters in the mountain (first monster hunt), and I can't seem to do anything else. How do I complete or leave the area? Do I need to die? But there's no more monsters :D
No such thing as a stupid question! Since this is still in testing and some things may change I do not want to release a guide for it yet, but what likely happened was:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Glad to see a new one from Anax, I like the vast majority of his work, gonna try it out.
Thank you! I hope you will find it enjoyable! It will eventually have 20 chapters and 9 monster hunts so this is just the tip of the iceberg, and as always, I invite everyone to use my Discord or if you can, please patron me as that's my only source of income! Thanks again, everyone!

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes