RPGM - Completed - Despite cheating you are corrupted and reverse r*ped in this rougelike-like game [Final] [RR Research Society]

1. 4.00 star(s)

-Nothing-

Objectively
    Story
    You play as a guy (whichever name you pick for him) who wakes up in Heaven to pay for his evil doings before some divinity. But he is not alone there, some attractive girl also ended up in Heaven for same reason. Both of you needed to beat up evil, remember your past and don't succumb to lusty desires.
    Gameplay
    I would call it action turn-based RPG, because you can move on map and use your skills to beat enemies or run from them and all of it without random encounters ! You can move or use skills 1 time per turn, enemies also, but items are exception. Yet still, agility can make you move twice then some enemies, feels like your "turn bar" fills faster then their. Also you need to from enemies' adult hugs.
    By RPG I mean that you can choose your own fetishes, that will make your life more difficult, because you'll take more damage from them and it changes interactions a bit (if you believe a game's description, but I can't approve that).
    Without fetishes and surrendering I can't see this game as difficult, even on normal, but annoying as hell. I'll mention about it in bugs and problems.
    All you can do is beat enemies from level to level, gain exp or buy levels and items (because you can lose without them) and finish the game.
    Graphics and sounds
    Maps looks lazy. Art is fine. There are not much of animations, just fine imitation of them. Sounds are also fine, but music can be annoying.
    Problems and bugs
    1) You can break the game, if you punch Lilim2 during her death door animation.
    2) You can't escape from "hugs" of some enemies, like Minotaur or Rin, because they rapidly charming you. There are bunch of enemies who can do same, but with lower pace, yet still you can be unlucky enough to stuck in charm.
    3) Debuffs in this game could be frustrating as hell, forcing you to do nothing over and over, if you are unlucky.

OVERALL
    Interesting idea with frustrative but fun gameplay, overall worth 3,9 stars.
    Estimate time 2 hours.
    And I'm very interested, what is 16 hours gameplay save is doing in this game ? Hmm... :unsure:

Maybe I'm missing something... :unsure:
  2. 1.00 star(s)

ScionOfGoldenFlame

I think the first and foremost thing that should be addressed about the quality of this game is in its difficulty. The game itself boasts about its brutal difficulty, that even normal mode would be a challenge, and anything higher, such as its masochist mode, to only be for, well, masochists. But there is a fine line in creating a system that is incredibly challenging, and being downright maliciously unfair. Something like I Wanna Be the Guy could be argued to be unfair, but it is the same every time, and you do eventually get its inentionally unfair level design down, and it can be mastered, and every new bit of progress you make is a satisfying acomplishment. But this game seems to relish the fact that it can and will screw you over in ways that you both do not expect, and can not prepare for. The threshold for gameplay quality that I look for in h-games is very low, but I do like to actually be able to make progress. This game is about masochism, after all, and you would have to really like getting your balls stepped on to enjoy this kind of gameplay. Even on easy, if you do play this yourself, be ready to have your patience tested.

Of course, the art is passible. Not great, but its decent. But I would almost hardly call it lewd. Very, very few of the girls are even exposed, in their standing CGs as well as the actual lewd scenes at all. Even the girls with exposed breasts more often than not lack nipples as a result of their non-mammalian monster basis. And the scenes themselves revolve a shockingly low amount of actual sex. You get teased and drained by just about every other extremity these girls have, but if you're lucky, the best you'll get is some oral. Its... well, its kinda disappointing, to say the least. Even something like Monster Girl Quest, with its equal facination withgetting you ruthlessly dommed by monster girls, at least involves some semi-regular penetration.

The game isn't purely horrible, and it has some clear merits here and there where an effort was clearly made, but generally failed on every possible level. And of all its faults, I've not even talked about how busted the actual implementation of its gameplay is and how easily it is broken, both in and out of your favor.

Its not pure suffering, just damn near close. I would not recommend this game to anyone except absolutely the most HARDCORE masochists.