Elektrosumo

May 12, 2018
Uhm. So I understand you're trying to get people to go to your patreon and all, but I think you're being a bit cheeky.
You have high ambitions, but it takes a lot of time and experience to make a game feel good. Espescially pacing and progression. Triple A titles can't get it right, so don't think that you will, in the slightest. You immediately got critiqued by getting told the text speed is to slow. You can set defaults, but should not force it. It's up to the individual. And adding QOL changes is not an option, it's mandatory. No need.

When trying to create a character, dont just add it in.
Make a concept, write down ideas, organize them, pace them out, script them, code them, then and only then add images. (That is unless you're writing around existing images of course.)

Regarding patreon. People want stuff to be worth their money. If you're consistent with your releases, have quality talks with the community and rather than having only patreons decide, letting major story influences be decided by more people makes it more varied and richer. ( is that the correct term?)
Patreons should, in an opportunistic manner, influence small increments, what should be prioritized. Have earlier releases, more transparency, faster support. Basically higher priority, but not worth. Make smart polls. It's your story. The community doesn't write a story, you do. What do you want to see first and foremost?
Also don't only focus on visuals. They shouls compliment a story and tell what a 3 line text cannot tell. Mood, feelings,time of the day, contrast, color, facial expression, body expression via position etc, movement. All that has an influence on the subconscious. Balance quality and quantity. If you feel like you had a major leep in knowledge and experience and you feel like you should rewrite the beginning of the story, do it. (I mean seriously. A boring intro makes a boring game. It should make sense, it should be rich and fun to read. It shouldn't ever bore out, waste time or delay. Straight to the point. Leave some space for the players imagination to make sense of it. Let proofreaders you know read it. Maybe release it and let the community say their thoughts. Voting system comments all that.

Now I know I just wrote a whole lot of basic stuff but many people seem to forget that part and just skip straight to the renders/pictures and forget everything else. The time and effort you put in in the beginning months will dictate the quality of your work. Work ethic should be I want to do it, not I have to. Quite honestly at the moment there's a lot of stuff floating around that I cannot do anything but laugh about. I saw the ambitions you had and just had to say all this. I see potential and I want to see this grow.

1 More thing. Take time to brainstorm do a mundane activity while doing it. Workout, washing dishes, even when you're on the toiled. Ideas can come anywhere. Have a pencil or your phone ready. Also consume a lot of bad text to the point where you can't bear it, then stop and mark down what you did not like about it.
Consume good content, try and find stuff bothering you or impressing you.

Also I've found consuming content right before I sleep (in low blue light cinditions) makes it easier for me to enjoy and pick up those things. It's different for everyone though. You'll have to find your own productivity maximum.

Cheers.

Ps: I think I wrote too much. Well no one reads this anyway. I'll go to sleep and let yous mind your own business.

Edit:grammar. I'm zee german I'm allowed to...

Last edited:

Elektrosumo

May 12, 2018
Also there is a light novel that got adapted to a manga that got adopted into an anime. Maoyuu Maou yuusha. It could be an inspiration.

It is quite rich when it comes to atmosphere. The story is a bit funny. I like how they landes up in a village. I don't know. Good all-rounder. Have fun. :)

cdcdcd171

Feb 14, 2018
Also there is a light novel that got adapted to a manga that got adopted into an anime. Maoyuu Maou yuusha. It could be an inspiration.

It is quite rich when it comes to atmosphere. The story is a bit funny. I like how they landes up in a village. I don't know. Good all-rounder. Have fun. :)
I´ve spent like 5 min searching for that title and you beat me by a few seconds. I hate it when people steal what I was going to say :\

But I agree with you that one could be a good inspiration for a love route

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
should mention..you have 3 patrons..SO..letting patrons decide...3 of them..really is silly AF this early on..lol...if you let 3 patrons decide something that hundreds of people here and other places far inferior to F95Zone thought was a bad idea or whatnot..you immediately run the risk of alienating alot of potential customers...

Fringgs

Oct 14, 2018
Oh i love this! I mean the part that it's a Give and Take Situation , Win Win Situation! is a sold for me!

Parthornax

Feb 5, 2018
Now this is a cool concept! with very nice art work!

I look forward to the love path because its nice to see a bit of romance from time to time... not everything has to be rape.

Oh and i love evil girls (especially if they are demonic looking) and the concept of charming them and changing them for the better.... or brutally fucking them into submission until they are nothing but willing cock-sleeves... but lets try to do the first one because l'amore.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I have noooo idea whatsoever about all these references you guys make but the demon lady has wonderous looking boobies so.. *creeps toward download*

Reactions: RedPillBlues

AstralBout

Aug 10, 2017
If the plot is hero and overlord team up together then this is interesting; I'll wait for the game to be completed so I can enjoy it to the fullest. Well, text speed problem is also a factor to the decision I've made.

Arts looks great. Interesting plot. One thing though, I hope monsters and bosses are really hard to beat so I can drown myself in this game all day.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
should mention..you have 3 patrons..SO..letting patrons decide...3 of them..really is silly AF this early on..lol...if you let 3 patrons decide something that hundreds of people here and other places far inferior to F95Zone thought was a bad idea or whatnot..you immediately run the risk of alienating alot of potential customers...

How is this even a point of contention honestly? The only reason i tried and straight up dropped this game is because the text moving so slowly pissed me off and when i held down CTRL i would zoom so fast through it i'd literally go back to the main menu in like 3 sec because of how short this release is.

Like i honestly don't want to be mean, but why the hell would 3 patreons get to decide that you actually TURN OFF an OPTIONAL part of the game? If they wanna play with slow moving text the option is there right for them, why ruin it for everyone else by taking away the option to have fast moving text? If i didn't know any better i'd say his patrons are intentionally sabotaging him or something.

A shame because I am a big fan of succubus/demon girls and any game that involves them, the art was also really nice and this could have been lots of fun, but it's frustrating as it is, there is really no excuse for taking away more options/choices to the player especially when it doesn't hurt your game in any way.

Reactions: e-disfunction

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Like i honestly don't want to be mean, but why the hell would 3 patreons get to decide that you actually TURN OFF an OPTIONAL part of the game? If they wanna play with slow moving text the option is there right for them, why ruin it for everyone else by taking away the option to have fast moving text? If i didn't know any better i'd say his patrons are intentionally sabotaging him or something.
The patrons haven't said it's a good idea. I haven't seen anybody agree it's a good idea. I'm pretty sure if he did make such a poll, 100% would say not to override the engine like that.

Reactions: e-disfunction

Elektrosumo

May 12, 2018
I´ve spent like 5 min searching for that title and you beat me by a few seconds. I hate it when people steal what I was going to say :\

But I agree with you that one could be a good inspiration for a love route
How is it stealing if it isn't your or my work?

IndigoHawk

Aug 9, 2016
This is way too ambitious (multiple paths with drawn art with music) but it's fun to dream. Good luck!

Also like everyone else said, please fix the text speed. Ain't nobody got time for that. I understand the desire to make the experience cinematic, but people will simply not play if you force it.

2.10 star(s) 29 Votes