VN - Others - Abandoned - Determinable Unstable [v0.2.0 Pilot] [Ray-Kbys]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Ghoster100

This game more describes the Developer's mental state than anything. Not only does he make this game hard to find but also goes scorched earth on his own works. Dont know who is harassing them but it seems more like he is finally going into his own schizo arc IRL and its affecting his own works.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

LS47

After playing Love at first sight and Butterfly Affection, I was excited to try this one by the same author, as the former was made after Determinable Unstable, and the latter was made before.

The first thing to note is that sadly, the machine translated text is shoddy at best, with some lines being really uncomprehensible. It doesn't get as bad as preventing me from getting the overall context, but it's still annoying to piece it all together. But it's a fanmade translation and not an official one, so I won't judge the game on that.

What I do take as an issue is the illusion of choice the author decided to implement in this VN, as the obvious choices will make you progress through the storyline, but choosing the alternative will immediately lead you to a GameOver after a line of dialogue or two. And I don't understand why it's there apart for pretending the game gives you some control over the narrative, which it does not in fact. It's just a pointless waste of time, aggravated by the fact the UI feels very clunky and unresponsive, like it was made on a VN engine that dates back to the 90s. I still don't understand why japanese devs refuse to use something like Renpy that would actually feel fluid to play.

The other issue is a bit more subjective, but the pacing makes the VN really boring to read. There is a lot of unecessary dialogue and actions to do to progress the narrative. I understand this is a pilot (which seems abandoned AFAIK), but this game was made after Butterfly Affection and has the same issues, except BA actually had alternate endings depending on your choices, so in a way, BA feels more well thought out that DU, which is a shame.

Overall, the story isn't interesting enough to be reccomendable, unless you're a fan of this guy's works. There's not H content but its the same fetishes as the previous game. Not terrible, but not memorable either.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

JustHereToTranslate

So its a rough start with very little content but it shows the same roots as the well known Teaching Feeling. though something to look out for in future.

This is the start of what is hopefully head pat simulator 2.0