VN Ren'Py [Dev Thread] Living with Vicky

StannyStanny

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
bannervicky.png
Hey guys, Stanny here. new dev, and new to DAZ, etc. I got into renpy and DAZ and been piecing together this little VN. A slow, teasing, sexual tension driven story about recently divorced mother and her son. They move into what they thought was a mansion, but actually a one bedroom country house that MC's father left in the divorce. From there MC becomes very aware of his Mother's beauty and tries his best to score..

characters:

MC :
Main character, he doesn't have a name but we can take a poll because I'd be curious enough to see what you guys would prefer. The VN is in third person and I'm not focusing too much on his looks, but all that can change if you guys cant dig it.

Vicky: Is the mother of MC and Sabrina. She's in her mid to late thirties and divorced from MC's father. She's shy and very reserved when MC starts hitting on her. She slowly starts to unravel into MC's demands. She basically not used to the attention but secretly loves it.
together.png
Sabrina: Is MC's little sister. I'm not adding her in just yet as I'm establishing the relationship between Vicky and MC. But when she does arrive she will be another pursuit for MC. She will be a curious young teen who has been spoiled by the father.

Father: MC's dad will have a small role, I will do a poll later on in development to see if people would even be interested in having him around.

gameplay: Will be simple, its a VN so Ill keep it story driven which is what I wanted to do from the start. Im very new to renpy and I'm not a coder but have been learning alot. It will be a realistic approve to VN so it will be a slow burning story, sex will come later.

I already started the game, I have four chapters so far and will be releasing .01 soon. Enjoy the screen grabs and let me know what you think so far.

PLANNED TAGS: MALE PROTAGONIST, INCEST, MILF, TEASING, VOUYER.

Last edited:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Main character, he doesn't have a name but we can take a poll because I'd be curious enough to see what you guys would prefer. The VN is in third person and I'm not focusing too much on his looks, but all that can change if you guys cant dig it.
You'll get a surprising amount of people wanting to change the name of the MC. I'd let people choose the name of the MC, if only to avoid all the self-inserting players that don't like the name of a fictional character. Third person or not. It's not exactly hard to implement, either.

Python:
$ mc_name = ""

$ mc_name = renpy.input("What's your name?")
    $ mc_name = mc_name.strip()
    if mc_name == "":
        $ mc_name = "Put character's default name here"
Then at the top of the script file, or in a seperate/dedicated .rpy file, put this:

Python:
define mc = Character("[mc_name]", color="#hexcolorhere")
So, from there, in the script (or wherever you're writing your dialogue.), you can write it like this:

Python:
mc "Hi, my name is [mc]. I'm 21 years old and a complete virgin."
dad "Shut your mouth, [mc]."
mom "Don't talk to [mc] that way."
I already started the game, I have four chapters so far and will be releasing .01 soon. Enjoy the screen grabs and let me know what you think so far.
Renders looks pretty good, especially for a newer dev. Lighting is a bit harsh and/or overexposed on some of the preview renders. There's other little issues like noise, obvious clipping, and a bit basic in the model selection, but you're definitely on the right track.

StannyStanny

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
You'll get a surprising amount of people wanting to change the name of the MC. I'd let people choose the name of the MC, if only to avoid all the self-inserting players that don't like the name of a fictional character. Third person or not. It's not exactly hard to implement, either.
Wow, ok that's good to know I will add it in thanks! That's why I wanted to start one of these threads before I put out .01.

Thanks for the code!

Reactions: MissFortune

milfluv69

Dec 28, 2017
When it comes to in game choices, do people reading VN really care about choices?
Depends on the type of game and experience of the dev. For a new dev it's probably a good idea to limit the amount of choices to prevent the story and code from getting too complicated to keep track of. Some choice is nice though, I hate the feeling of being a passive observer that you get from pure kinetic novels. Stuff as small as choosing where to cum during a sex scene is enough for me personally. Plus that can then branch out into different endings, for example, cumming inside a girl at least 50% of the times that you're given the option could lead to a pregnancy ending for that particular character. That's a little thing that doesn't have any gameplay effect until the very end, but still gives the player a feeling of control over the direction of the story

Reactions: StannyStanny

StannyStanny

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
Depends on the type of game and experience of the dev. For a new dev it's probably a good idea to limit the amount of choices to prevent the story and code from getting too complicated to keep track of. Some choice is nice though, I hate the feeling of being a passive observer that you get from pure kinetic novels. Stuff as small as choosing where to cum during a sex scene is enough for me personally. Plus that can then branch out into different endings, for example, cumming inside a girl at least 50% of the times that you're given the option could lead to a pregnancy ending for that particular character. That's a little thing that doesn't have any gameplay effect until the very end, but still gives the player a feeling of control over the direction of the story
Very helpful. Thank you!

Ill be doing a small actions to keep engagement i.e "Look at____" or other simple actions.

Reactions: MAras1995

StannyStanny

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
Bumping thread with Sabrina, the sister. I have a question which may have been answered in the past but I cant seem to search it. Speaking on releasing the VN I don't want to have an incest patch. Are there any repercussions to releasing a game with incest? What Should I do?
Sabrina02.png Sabrina01.png

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Bumping thread with Sabrina, the sister. I have a question which may have been answered in the past but I cant seem to search it. Speaking on releasing the VN I don't want to have an incest patch. Are there any repercussions to releasing a game with incest? What Should I do?
The standard answer is:

- if you want to go on Patreon, and include any hint of incest (and other sins like possible-under-age-of-consent / coercion / beast) then as soon as someone reports you or their staff get around to reviewing, you will be cut off

- it is a terrible shame that so many game authors with Patreon support who are very careful themselves to avoid including such controversial topics find that RANDOM INTERNET STRANGERS drop patches that completely RUIN the game by adding incest/loli. Even worse, such patches can suddenly appear immediately after each game update is released!

- other platforms are (for now) more accepting (substar, itch.io)

- if you don't care about monetization, then do whatever you want (until the religious police kick in your door)

Reactions: StannyStanny