Develop my first game

lezbie

Jul 8, 2017
Hello everyone
I want to try and develop my first game and I have a few questions
I want a game like glamour by dark silver
So first what type of game is it? Is it 2D or 3D? It’s point to click or something else?
And what software used to develop glamour?
tnx for helping

JoGio

Jun 19, 2018
Most games here are visual novels. Sure, they have some places on screen you can click on but they're not as immersive as what one would expect from a point and click adventure.

It's a 2D game since it uses pre-rendered images. He uses Daz 3D to generate those renders.

As for the engine: Dark Silver used to use Unity, but judging by this post the game is made in . In other words, it's programmed the way you program a website using HTML/CSS/JavaScript.

Electron is just a way to package your web app so that it looks like a native application. In other words the game is actually a chromium browser masquerading as a native app.

Reactions: Tompte and lezbie

lezbie

Jul 8, 2017
Most games here are visual novels. Sure, they have some places on screen you can click on but they're not as immersive as what one would expect from a point and click adventure.

It's a 2D game since it uses pre-rendered images. He uses Daz 3D to generate those renders.

As for the engine: Dark Silver used to use Unity, but judging by this post the game is made in . In other words, it's programmed the way you program a website using HTML/CSS/JavaScript.

Electron is just a way to package your web app so that it looks like a native application. In other words the game is actually a chromium browser masquerading as a native app.
thank you very much
so i guess i will stick with unity then (i started to learn a little about it)
any tips for a noobie?

Reactions: JoGio

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
You need " The Art of Computer Programming " by Donald Knuth. Also: as exe and x86-64 CPU mnemonics manual.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You won't be making a game like Glamour as your first game, maybe not even your second. You should start simple as there is a lot going on behind developing a game.
Start with learning what is a Game Design Document, and write one. Following that, choose the Game Engine that fits your game the best, then learn and use all the tools required to make everything.
I haven't played Glamour, but it looks like something you could do in Ren'Py.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Guy gonna share a minecraft prototype in a Renpy setup lmao.
You can, really. It would be stupid because it's far to be the best engine for that, but you totally can ;)