Developer Looking for 2D or 3D Artist

terrordoll

Aug 30, 2017
Gah, I never know how to start these things. Well, lets start with me and just wing it from there.

I'm currently a programmer, been doing that for 3 or 4 years at this point. Mostly C# and WPF (UI). The previous 6 years I spent working as a combat combat and systems designer. During that time I shipped 4 of the 5 titles I worked on. I'd list them here but I'm a little scurred of being outed to my remaining dev friends as a pervert. The games wern't anything major but one was a Steam top seller for a time. I got a chance to work on pretty much all the major platforms and in both the Unity and Unreal game engines. Although, that was before Unreal changed to C++ scripting.

About a year ago I started a project with a friend of a friend (another industry guy). We spent a few months making a design doc, prototyping, learning Ren'Py, and creating concept art. Then things just kinda fell apart. Personal lives, different work styles, blah blah, etc. I was reviewing the assets and docs a few days ago and remember how much I liked the idea. I really want to give the project another chance, so I'm here looking for an artist to jump in and help me finish it.

So here's what I'm looking for:
  • 2d or 3d artist with a good sense of fun and "character". You don't need to be amazing, I just want someone who will enjoy the process and actually do work. I'd prefer a 2d artist, but 3d is fine if know what you're doing and are excited about the project.
  • Someone who wants to be part of the creation process and leave their stamp on the project. I've found that expecting creatives to just tow the line and follow the doc leads to sub par results. While there is months of design work done already, I'm totally open to changing things as long as the spirit of the game remains the same.
  • Someone willing cater to tastes they might not personally enjoy. This should go without saying, but you probably wont like everything I do and vice versa. I expect that you'll be open and cool about adding stuff in that isn't up your alley and I'm willing to do the same.
  • Someone who can handle constructive criticism. I just throwing this out there in case, because most people I've worked with have been really cool about about handling critique. Just assume I'll have feedback and I expect the same on the design side.
The project is an exploration and survival style Ren'Py game about a lone castaway on a mystical island. Amber, the MC, is a mousy botanist in search of a new and exciting species of plant for her thesis. An exciting rumor draws Amber to a legendary island shrouded in mist and avoided by the locals. After a storm leaves our girl stranded, she decides to make the best of the situation and have a little fun in the process.

The over all tone of the game is probably similar to the old playboy cartoons. Light, erotic, and fun. Think Indiana Jones meets naive bookworm, then throw in lots of banging and you are pretty close. Here are some of the early concept pieces so you can get a feel for the tone.

Amber Lockwood, our MC.
Capture2.PNG

Spirit masks, one of our antagonists. A constant source of mischief.
Capture3.PNG

Amber's Tent Interior
Capture8.PNG

Our version of Mermaids, the Koi.
Capture6.PNG

Amber and some assorted island flora.
Capture7.PNG

Thanks for taking the time to read this and ff you are interested in joining, helping or just have some questions, feel free to send me a message!

Reactions: DarthSeduction