Ren'Py Developing a game. The biggest crossover.

MA0U666

Dec 1, 2018
Well, I am veeeery new to this, but I am serious about making my game. I have the story, and at first, I wanted to make it a comic, but then I learned about all these games, and now I dream of make this. It will have adventure, romance, drama, sex, and many, many, many known and loved characters.
That's the problem. The story I wanted to tell was a fanfiction, then it evolved into a comic, and now I want a game, where you, the mc, have to travel through realms and realities to stop the villain. I want to make it with sound, and even use the ost of all those shows that are involved, but I am not sure if that's posible. What do you, who is reading this, think?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
First off, good luck with your project. :)

With the OST, unless you want potential legal issues, don't bother using official music without permission.

Reactions: MA0U666

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
There are things you can and can't get away with when it comes to copyright, music is one of those you generally can't get away with.

With some copyright material you can get away with claiming parody but you can't do that with original sound tracks.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
MA0U666 -

What do you, who is reading this, think?
My main reaction is that this is probably a VERY ambitious project to be starting out with. I'd strongly advise that you pick something smaller and work it end-to-end before charging forth on your Ultimate Story. I think you're going to find that there's a lot of unanticipated work involved. Not that you may not be able to get through it all, but your final product will almost certainly be higher quality if you practice some first on smaller projects...