Developing New Game - Characters Needed!

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Hey guys! Like the title says, I've started development on a new game of mine and since it's going to be a sandbox, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in designing characters for me that I could put into the game. I could just do it myself, but because right now I'm about to dive into creating all the locations, I thought it would be a cool idea to ask the community to come up with their own designs based on their own preferences. I'm looking for men, women, both attractive and unattractive characters as well as characters of all ethnicities. I want it to feel like a realistic town. Not one populated by only women who are all tens. And I'll need a lot of them. My goal, and maybe I'm being overly ambitious, is the create the most alive town in any adult game made. It'll be a ton of work but I'm committed to it. My only request is that I'm looking for characters with realistic aesthetics. No giant tits or inflates butts.

Here's an example of two of the main characters so you can get an idea of the style I'm going for. (You'll be playing as the guy).
MC.jpg MAIN FEMALE.jpg

And if you wanna know more about the game, you can take a look at the thread I made about it a couple days ago.

If you'd like to help me out, just render out an image of your design, post it here, and we'll discuss it from there. Thanks :)

Reactions: N7 and Domiek

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Sounds ambitious, but is it practical?

I assume the volunteers will just have to give their characters, which you will then use to render game scenes.
In case, i think this needs to be in the dev area with the other daz stuff.

But if no one wants to participate like this, there should be a repository of custom characters for use somewhere around. Longshot, i suggest the chans.

Good luck

kimoo

Jun 6, 2017
your characters is more realistic than normal i don't think there are a lot of people capable of reaching this level
unless you are okay with any character even if it's not as realistic as yours
but then the game will be unbalanced (some of the character highly detailed and others not)

i hope you understand what i mean (your characters are perfect ) keep up

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
your characters is more realistic than normal i don't think there are a lot of people capable of reaching this level
unless you are okay with any character even if it's not as realistic as yours
but then the game will be unbalanced (some of the character highly detailed and others not)

i hope you understand what i mean (your characters are perfect ) keep up
Thanks. To be fair, I’ve rendered these characters under optimal lighting conditions to bring out the most amount of detail in them. Normally they don’t look quite as good. As long as they’re of fairly high quality and have realistic proportions, I’m open to using them.

Epasda

Apr 30, 2017
Not here to shit on your models, they're actually pretty good, but there's something a little off about the male character's face. I think it might be the nose, cheekbones, or maybe just the angle.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Not here to shit on your models, they're actually pretty good, but there's something a little off about the male character's face. I think it might be the nose, cheekbones, or maybe just the angle.
I agree, I actually mentioned that in my other thread. But it turns out that it was just the lighting. After rendering him under softer interior lights, he looked better. Also younger, which is good because I think the version you're seeing looks a little older than I'd like.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
I think your goal sounds a bit too ambitious. Having lots of characters can be good, but unless they have actual personalities to accompany them, they won't make the game more interesting. There is a reason why most games with good stories only has a small cast of characters.

I like the look of MC though. Good to see a protag, who doesn't look as if he should be in elementary school.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
T
I think your goal sounds a bit too ambitious. Having lots of characters can be good, but unless they have actual personalities to accompany them, they won't make the game more interesting. There is a reason why most games with good stories only has a small cast of characters.

I like the look of MC though. Good to see a protag, who doesn't look as if he should be in elementary school.
Thanks. I agree with you, but I think I’m up to the task :D

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
OK, so let me see if I understand your request; you would like to have some custom made characters presets to put in your game.

Not something slightly edited, like an "out of the box" character with bigger boobs and/or butt, you're looking for characters carefully edited, credible characters with some personality.

Well it makes sense to look for down to earth morphs and proportions, but it would be kind of hard for me, and for others I guess, to let go of a custom model that reflects our preferences. I say that because when I customize a character I tend to put my heart into it; constantly checking the look, proportions, and carefully adjusting positions, shapes, sizes then looking again and correcting things I don't like then I go around choosing a texture, eye color, make up, and more.

Some of my characters may not be attractive to everyone but for me they're precious and I wouldn't like to see them in a story where a villain is gonna be screwing them along with other 10? 20? 30? more girls, or getting cheated on, or thrown into some extreme fetish. She deserves better God damn it! :ROFLMAO:

Also in my case when I design a character I think about her personality, are you looking for personality traits along with their looks or just the shapes?

Reactions: mickydoo

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Both models are excellent, but I've got to ask, are you only after Daz models or are written designs and descriptions welcome too?

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Both models are excellent, but I've got to ask, are you only after Daz models or are written designs and descriptions welcome too?
I suppose I'd be open to descriptions too, but the model itself would be a big help in speeding up the development. All told I'm estimating I'll need to make about 20-25 characters, so that'll take a lot of work. Especially since I don't use straight up stock characters.
As for the character images I posted earlier, they were a little deceptively high quality. This is how the MC looks in-game, and not in an elaborate lighting set up.
05 edit.jpg