• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Developing 'Pirate's Revenge': Game Project Overview

anon55

Jan 28, 2018
Ahoy, Mateys! As a lone IT student I've set sail on a gaming side quest dubbed 'Pirate's Revenge' for the nonce.
Here to share me ideas and seek yer thoughts, suggestions, and honest critiques for this grand venture.

Ok...now jokes aside, let's start with a brief overview of the game. (Pirate's Revenge -> placeholder name)
The game is gonna be a management, simulation, rpg, that takes place in a fantasy world(with elves, dragons...) with a variation of the pirate theme.
As the name implies the main protagonist is a pirate that gets betrayed and his mission is to get revenge(pretty cliché... i know XD)
While doing so he stumbles upon an ancient temple and discovers some unkown technology, that is powered by "libido" ^^.
So he requires some female prisoners to grasp that power, and use it for his objective...
Here comes in to play the managment, after plundering/raiding certain points in map(in future implementation an rpg combat system), you can gather
some prisoners and corrupt them in order to obtain power. This system of corrupting and breaking down, will be something similar of an interactive sex mode
like in "Dogs Princess" or "Slave Matrix". After you corrupt them you will be able to use them to do various task(fighting, brothel and other roles).
The game will be devided in 5 regions, so i can divide the story in chapters, and have region related content, (will be easy to release major version).
(Thats all im gonna disclose for now. I'm still working on lots of details, I've already got a 30 page docs that contains all my ideas for the projects:
characters, locations, story, progress system, etc)

So now lets get technical... The engine used will be Godot and I'm only gonna only mingle in the 2Dimentions.
The art style will be simple anime drawings(for now im gonna draw simple sketches as placeholders), with characters animations (like simple movements).
For the story progression style: visual novel dialogues will be used(for now i have no idea how to do it better, and it seams quite efficient.).
Im planing to progress the main story by setting some objectives, and when reaching them you will advance, you will meet some exclusive story characters
that will have some special sex scenes.(I will have those before i create the corruption system)
Moving around will be happening in an interactive map where you press locations(this is in the exploration mode).
Prisoner management system still thinking about it, trying to find the sweet spot between the right number of prisoners and not have a heavy ui.
The corruption system like i said above will be DogPrincess style, interactive and by doing certain actions will advance the corruption of the prisoners,
which I now is complicated and time consuming to develop but I believe it is possible.

What are my plans for the development?
For now I'm still gathering ideas, developing story. Writing some initial dialuge. And putting them in the big docs devided in various sections.
I've got a sketchbook with some simple drawings with notes, like places on maps. And rough sketches.
Parallel to that I'm starting to develop on board the different godot systems, like the dialogue(so i can also include translations), the interactive map,
save system, and the other functional systems, and decide on paper how they will work. So i will have to write them once and not come back and redo a ludicrous amount of work.
I've wrote a simple main menu, but before advancing I want to sort out all the main systems that I will need to develop.
Probably will start with the dialogue and implement a modular visual novel system for the story, and try to put down the prologue and first chapter.
Then move on to the interactive maps...

For the art...meh... I'm kinda good at drawing, but I will probaby go crazy if i decide to do that all by myself. So for the time being i will use some of my black and white sketches,
as placeholders.

So for the following 3-6 mounths will try to develop a demo version(Probably will be like a rough visual novel) and try to publish it online here and on other sites and get some
reviews.
Will try to gather some money, will probably open a Patreon then, and use all that money on a professional artist so he can draw me some better art for the game, like decent characters
and animation. So I hope that will improve development, and will move on to develop the corruption system and the managment part.

Shiver me timbers! That be all for the moment. Eagerly awaitin' your opinions, suggestions on every aspect of this venture.
Thanks a million in advance, shipmates!

hiya02

Oct 14, 2019
Sounds like a project that will take _much_ longer than just a few months! Hope you can pull it off, though. It is just that whenever I see someone attempting to make a game with management, Rpg and traditional Vn wrapped into one, they very often run out of steam after realizing how much time and effort it actually takes! Perhaps you could drop the vn part, at least initially, and concentrate on the other aspects? I feel there are enough vns in here, but not nearly enough interesting management and exploration games.

Reactions: anon55

anon55

Jan 28, 2018
Sounds like a project that will take _much_ longer than just a few months! Hope you can pull it off, though. It is just that whenever I see someone attempting to make a game with management, Rpg and traditional Vn wrapped into one, they very often run out of steam after realizing how much time and effort it actually takes! Perhaps you could drop the vn part, at least initially, and concentrate on the other aspects? I feel there are enough vns in here, but not nearly enough interesting management and exploration games.
Yeah I know that it takes a lot of time... :,) I've already had a mini shock when I drawn the boards on what i have to do.
Also, I'll consider your advise, as the managment and the simulation part should be the main aspect of the game(gameplay wise), it would be a great idea to develop the core of the game first.
Alright I might put a bear bone story dialogue(for intro) and concentrate more on the managment aspect for the first versions.
Thanks again for the advise. :)