VN Development Challenges and Storyboarding

gchero21

Aug 14, 2019
In my spare time, I write pretty often since i have a local coffee shop chop shop that's always a blast to bounce ideas off of. Lately, I've been really smitten with the idea of writing the nucleolus for a mature, realistic, and dark story about dealing with trauma and friendships. Thing is, I don't know a lick of renpy lol I've tried youtubing basics and trying to get the hang of it since i use to use Maya waaaaaaaay back but its not sticking. I was wondering if there were others whom had similar challenges and if it's easy here to find 3d artists to collab with? I feel like if i can match my writing skill with a great animation artist, I could have a legitimate hit in a few months.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I can offer my services. I've been working on my art lately. It's not the best, but I think I have potential.

Here is a sample of my portfolio.

Untitled.png

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Only shitposting on a serious thread is being a bad boy, so I will leave my 2 cents.

This type of thread pops up every now and then, but I've never seen it go anywhere. Even if you were to find a random person to work with, the odds of it being a fruitful partnership is pretty low. Plus, we have nothing to see how good you actually are other than your word. When making a post like this, it should be your job to sell yourself to the best of your ability. That should include sample works so that people with the right skill set can get an idea of your skills to determine if it's even worth their time. An OP like this that says, "I'm a good writer, someone help me with art" will never work out. People will just gloss over it.

Reactions: gchero21

gchero21

Aug 14, 2019
Totally fair, what format do you think people would give the time of day out of curiosity? a post with a locked google doc short story as a sample to say im serious