kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
Both those bug are fixed in the 0.40.3
For what I am seeing these patches are bug fix only right? You could share at least those, because the that's in the OP right now is broken and people who play it might have a wrong impression of the game. Having a broken version in the OP is a good way of making people never want to take another look at it again.

Really cool game btw, one of the few i have on my watchlist. The rework is looking good, though the bugs are unbearable. Should make it possible to name the MC.

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Finsit
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "deans_office.rpyc", line 34, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 139, in script
  File "E:\Downloads\Mega\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 59, in check_infinite_loop
    raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Deviant Discoveries 0.40.1
Tue Jul 16 17:07:33 2019

Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
For what I am seeing these patches are bug fix only right? You could share at least those, because the that's in the OP right now is broken and people who play it might have a wrong impression of the game. Having a broken version in the OP is a good way of making people never want to take another look at it again.

Really cool game btw, one of the few i have on my watchlist. The rework is looking good, though the bugs are unbearable. Should make it possible to name the MC.
Yeah, I know.

But don't worry, there once there will be some compressed version. And those tend to just litter eve game folder by extracting the script files, making archive patches not working.

So people will download the compressed version patch it, and oh joy, it won' t work, and they will think it did, so they will still consider the game bugged.

The only way to do things right for everyone, is to do it ourselves. Auto-updating with a select for compressed or uncompressed version.
We could do it that way.

The issue with me giving here patches is that I don't have access to the Patreon campaign thanks to Patreon stupid system.
That would mean that patrons would have the updates after the pirates, and there is the issue.
So we bite the bullet.
Finsit
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "deans_office.rpyc", line 34, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 139, in script
  File "E:\Downloads\Mega\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 59, in check_infinite_loop
    raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Deviant Discoveries 0.40.1
Tue Jul 16 17:07:33 2019
This bug is fixed in the 0.40.3

Shado10

Jun 17, 2018
played yesterday the 39.1 v, now with the patches i wanted to give it a try; snytax errors etc are fixed but i cant progress with chrystal her affection wont rise no matter how often she studies with me

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
played yesterday the 39.1 v, now with the patches i wanted to give it a try; snytax errors etc are fixed but i cant progress with chrystal her affection wont rise no matter how often she studies with me
I sort of had this issue with her and had a new option available with her that seemed to free it up so make sure that this is not happening to you maybe

Guileless

Donor
Jul 7, 2018
The issue with me giving here patches is that I don't have access to the Patreon campaign thanks to Patreon stupid system.
That would mean that patrons would have the updates after the pirates, and there is the issue.
So we bite the bullet.

This bug is fixed in the 0.40.3
Want to be at least one person who can acknowledge that those who are incentivizing/enabling development of these games are entitled to the result at a higher priority than those who are not.

In the grand scheme of things, even waiting a week for a free fix for a product that one has contributed nothing to motivate or accomplish would still be an infinite bargain.

I'm not just taking the high road, I've certainly benefited from test-playing games posted on this forum, and I believe there's value to the developer in promoting their product if it's freely available and discussed here, but I wouldn't pressure any developer to blatantly betray the commitment they've made to paying supporters.

That's just not classy.

At best the OP should remove the broken version, note the problem, and wait for a side-channel* to post a fix or a fixed version. The problem would be acknowledged, a solution would be forecast, and further exposure would be halted.

*Same source as the majority of games on this site, including the broken version that was posted in the first place

Reactions: Tenenbaum

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Deviant Discoveries v0.40.3.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Deviant Discoveries v0.40.3.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
You just cannot help yourself, can you ? :oops:

Can anyone one sent me a fix for DDGame-0.40.1-pc sexshop bug
Help yourself.
Harley and Kara are however bugged in the 0.40.2.

A good deal of bugs left that were fixed in the 0.40.3.

Want to be at least one person who can acknowledge that those who are incentivizing/enabling development of these games are entitled to the result at a higher priority than those who are not.

In the grand scheme of things, even waiting a week for a free fix for a product that one has contributed nothing to motivate or accomplish would still be an infinite bargain.

I'm not just taking the high road, I've certainly benefited from test-playing games posted on this forum, and I believe there's value to the developer in promoting their product if it's freely available and discussed here, but I wouldn't pressure any developer to blatantly betray the commitment they've made to paying supporters.

That's just not classy.

At best the OP should remove the broken version, note the problem, and wait for a side-channel* to post a fix or a fixed version. The problem would be acknowledged, a solution would be forecast, and further exposure would be halted.

*Same source as the majority of games on this site, including the broken version that was posted in the first place
Thanks.

Also, I'll still try to help people that help me. So when someone report a bug I still respond as soon as I can (if you look back few last version I had a <1h respond time), and if I can think of a workaround I share it.
That is something the patrons doesn't have, because of the fact that I don't have access to the patron only post (thanks again Patreon for that wonderfully bad idea and laziness)

We are thinking about gathering people interested to play-test, we would need to find some communication channel for it or use Discrod that both Jan and I despite. But yeah, that could indeed be beneficial and may not introduce too much delay.

well its my first time playing this game i hope its good :D
I would suggest you to postpone few days. Time to let the bigfixes to dripple down.

Reactions: Alteni

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Ok this game currently is 100% FUCKED I can't raise Crystals affection AT ALL the load page legit has NOTHING in it so you can't even click to load a game in even if you saved it's a shit show and was clearly not tested properly before pushing it out.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Ok this game currently is 100% FUCKED I can't raise Crystals affection AT ALL the load page legit has NOTHING in it so you can't even click to load a game in even if you saved it's a shit show and was clearly not tested properly before pushing it out.
Well the 0.40 was save breaking.

And you are right, we did not tested it much. Because in few hours of release we were able to catch and fix more bug that we would in multiple days.
It is a trade off. We were late. We took it.

Andrash

Apr 24, 2018
I played the v0.40.1, the old saves don't work so decided to start playing from the beginning and to my surprise, it felt like an almost new game. There's a lot of new content that's been added and Sexshop was definitely much improved. The bugs were disappointing like stats for characters not changing and Inventory bugs but I hope that'll be fixed in the upcoming versions. It's actually worth replaying from the beginning, especially for old players... (y)

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I played the v0.40.1, the old saves don't work so decided to start playing from the beginning and to my surprise, it felt like an almost new game. There's a lot of new content that's been added and Sexshop was definitely much improved. The bugs were disappointing like stats for characters not changing and Inventory bugs but I hope that'll be fixed in the upcoming versions. It's actually worth replaying from the beginning, especially for old players... (y)
Don't worry about the bug, I would be surprised if there was any left next week.

But I'm curious about the stats not changing, are you also talking about Chrystal like other do ?
Can you give me more information about it ?

Reactions: Canto Forte

Andrash

Apr 24, 2018
But I'm curious about the stats not changing, are you also talking about Chrystal like other do ?
Can you give me more information about it ?
Yes, Chrystal's stats don't seem to change, while studying although it shows the message that her affection has increased.
And Inventory items for Harley are not updating even on the purchase.

I also wanted to know whether the game's currency system will change to a numeric form (much more convenient that way.. imho) or will it stay like this, in the form of progress slots?

airze

Feb 8, 2018
Yes, Chrystal's stats don't seem to change, while studying although it shows the message that her affection has increased.

I also wanted to know whether the game's currency system will change to a numeric form (much more convenient that way.. imho) or will it stay like this, in the form of progress slots?
the currency system was a numeric form then was changed to this...
i feel a numeric form was better but thats just my thoughts

Reactions: Canto Forte

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
That is very odd, I mean, it works perfectly on my end and I didn't touched it since at least v0.40.0. Could you PM me the save ?

About Harley, yeah, as I said earlier, bug fixed in the 0.40.3
the currency system was a numeric form then was changed to this...
i feel a numeric form was better but thats just my thoughts
Well the income system is a numeric system, it is just displayed in unary. :giggle:

Previously we had no idea of what kind of money the player could be expected to have at any given point of the game. So we could not use it without risking to lock the player into a grind to get money.

The income system is there to make sure to allow us to control the money the player can have (not have, can have).

For example in the the sybian cost 4, So the player needs to have a girl work at the stripclub to be able to obtain it.
Same thing with the green serum. Since it cost 3 the player need more than what the MC job can give them.

That makes the economy usable in the game design.

Now we can start getting feedback and tweak it.

Also if I chose that display it is because it doesn't need to be a linear representation of the income. That is why I also chose to give the extra income the color of who is earning it (or who is paying you with Frankie).
The teaching income is somewhat stable (once Kara is blued) so the mild grind needed to gain money at early stage is replaced by the possibility to gain more the day by only teaching once and training Frankie.
Then when a girl is enough of a slut to work at the stripclub it unlock an income of 4 and since the girl slutiness increase by itself in the club, she soon makes 2 by herself, making teaching and training Frankie useless.

See the income system is working with the game as part of it. That example works well with Chrystal (that we consider the first girl) but I'll also need to tune it for other girls.
One big step would be to finally make all the girls trigger the tutoring ban, so that drugging Kara is possible no matter what girl you start with. Then that allow for lower maintenance income and 3 max income needed to make the green serum.

So do you understand that choice now and why I think it is better than money stockpiling ?

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes