Andrash

Apr 24, 2018
The income system is there to make sure to allow us to control the money the player can have (not have, can have).

For example in the the sybian cost 4, So the player needs to have a girl work at the stripclub to be able to obtain it.
Same thing with the green serum. Since it cost 3 the player need more than what the MC job can give them.

That makes the economy usable in the game design.

Now we can start getting feedback and tweak it.

Also if I chose that display it is because it doesn't need to be a linear representation of the income. That is why I also chose to give the extra income the color of who is earning it (or who is paying you with Frankie).
The teaching income is somewhat stable (once Kara is blued) so the mild grind needed to gain money at early stage is replaced by the possibility to gain more the day by only teaching once and training Frankie.
Then when a girl is enough of a slut to work at the stripclub it unlock an income of 4 and since the girl slutiness increase by itself in the club, she soon makes 2 by herself, making teaching and training Frankie useless.

See the income system is working with the game as part of it. That example works well with Chrystal (that we consider the first girl) but I'll also need to tune it for other girls.
One big step would be to finally make all the girls trigger the tutoring ban, so that drugging Kara is possible no matter what girl you start with. Then that allow for lower maintenance income and 3 max income needed to make the green serum.

So do you understand that choice now and why I think it is better than money stockpiling ?
Wow, now that you've explained it, I'm able to see its advantages over the previous versions. Earlier I wasn't completely aware of the income mechanics, the way it all worked but It reduces the grind significantly if used correctly... Clever thinking!

Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Wow, now that you've explained it, I'm able to see its advantages over the previous versions. Earlier I wasn't completely aware of the income mechanics, the way it all worked but It reduces the grind significantly if used correctly... Clever thinking!
Well as I said, it will take some tuning, but yeah, I really hope to be able to tame the grind.

Because it can still be useful as part of a frustration/reward system, it just need to be used wisely.

Reactions: Canto Forte

NotQuiteMilk

Dec 18, 2017
Do you really have to start over every single patch? Cant you use old saves?

Also getting errors when procuring materials for serum and when trying to make it.

Last edited:

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Do you really have to start over every single patch? Cant you use old saves?
Don't start to exaggerate, I was holding the save breaking changes since February.

That is hardly "every single patch".

There was an issue some months ago but that was actually due to not implementing those save breaking changes earlier, so the flawed systems cause some saves to be corrupted.

So this version was the right moment to make those changes since we changed the core gameplay as well as including content intended to span the whole length of the game.

• Haha

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
zip DDGame-0.40.3-mac.zip (949.53 Mb) (MAC)
zip DDGame-0.40.3-pc.zip (996.98 Mb) (PC)
zip DDPatch-0.40.3.zip (2.4 Mb)
apk DeviantDiscoveries-v0.40.3-Eng-the66.apk (111.55 Mb) (ANDROID)
txt Walkthrough.txt (2.6 Kb)

Last edited:

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Ok after playing this game since day 1 I can honestly say this version is a HUGE improvement with shit like

1. UI update
2. Area improvements
3. General flow of game

As someone stated it's like a whole new game which is always nice

After looking at the console and other stuff I can now 100% confirm that Crystals affection stat is not increasing the other girls seem to not be affected.

• Thinking Face

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Another coder identifying snags in the codes ... What is cheater dev doingo_O !?!

Just bust open that console ... run some cheats through ... observe the cracks in the game once you force the scenes through and then check the variables. Are they buff enough? If not ... Cheat and make this game better! Do not forget your cheater days! Beta testing is cheating! Cheat away!!! or make a call for help to ... err ... Game Rescue (the66 and Infamy)

longnhan789

May 26, 2017
i just playing the game , and someone can explain why i can't buy anything from the sexshop ==
it's just appear this ==
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag {/alpha} in u'\u25fe\u25fe{/alpha}{color=#44e3e188}\u25fe{/color}{alpha=0.5}\u25fd\u25fd{/alpha}'.:
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in _window_auto_callback
    _window_show()
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in _window_show
    renpy.with_statement(trans)
Exception: u'/alpha' closes a text tag that isn't open.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "sexshop.rpyc", line 66, in script
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 657, in execute
    statement_name("say")
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 45, in statement_name
    i(name)
    _window_show()
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1578, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2240, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3174, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2086, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 516, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 244, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 151, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 740, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1124, in render
    st, at)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 883, in render
    surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1989, in render
    virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 590, in __init__
    self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 962, in segment
    raise Exception("%r closes a text tag that isn't open." % text)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Deviant Discoveries 0.40.1
Wed Jul 17 19:32:07 2019

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Cheater dev said it is not bug hunted and will be tuned in the future:
Dev talk:
"It is the first implementation of the new sexshop and income system, I'll start to tune it when most bugs will be fixed and the game is in decently playable state."

As I said earlier, this time implementing that "grind" took me at least 3 times more time it will take you to do it. And it was painful. That is partly why some bug are there, typos and logic error were made.

It is the first implementation of the new sexshop and income system, I'll start to tune it when most bugs will be fixed and the game is in decently playable state.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Ok after playing this game since day 1 I can honestly say this version is a HUGE improvement with shit like

1. UI update
2. Area improvements
3. General flow of game

After looking at the console and other stuff I can now 100% confirm that Crystals affection stat is not increasing the other girls seem to not be affected.
i can't confirm this statement. c.aff is increasing where it should to.
if you're talking about "I should raise her affection for me first." in the "Punish her for bad grades." option, this is a bit misleading, cuz there are 2 other requirement definitions to be met also.
i just playing the game , and someone can explain why i can't buy anything from the sexshop ==
it's just appear this ==
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag {/alpha} in u'\u25fe\u25fe{/alpha}{color=#44e3e188}\u25fe{/color}{alpha=0.5}\u25fd\u25fd{/alpha}'.:
    _window_show()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "sexshop.rpyc", line 66, in script
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 657, in execute
    statement_name("say")
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 45, in statement_name
    i(name)
    _window_show()
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1578, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2240, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3174, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2086, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 516, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 740, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1124, in render
    st, at)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 883, in render
    surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1989, in render
    virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 590, in __init__
    self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
  File "D:\nhân\New folder\DDGame-0.40.1-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 962, in segment
    raise Exception("%r closes a text tag that isn't open." % text)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Deviant Discoveries 0.40.1
Wed Jul 17 19:32:07 2019
you're not using the current version.

Last edited:

reenix

Nov 24, 2018
A few current version bugs, Lola can't visit the MC's house after she texts and while you can now go to Kara's house, you can't access the pool once her situation is settled.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017

1. UI update
2. Area improvements
3. General flow of game

I'm clueless at this point.

What atrocity did you do to your computer to make it execute code the wrong way ?
i can't confirm this statement. c.aff is increasing where it should to.
if you're talking about "I should raise her affection for me first." in the "Punish her for bad grades." option, this is a bit misleading, cuz there are 2 other requirement definitions to be met also.
"I should raise her affection for me first." Should not display anymore since I deactivated the action of the option when the req is not met.

Cheater dev said it is not bug hunted and will be tuned in the future:
Dev talk:
"It is the first implementation of the new sexshop and income system, I'll start to tune it when most bugs will be fixed and the game is in decently playable state."
I would say that currently the game is bug haunted. ;)

A few current version bugs, Lola can't visit the MC's house after she texts and while you can now go to Kara's house, you can't access the pool once her situation is settled.
Ok, thanks.
Could you give me more details about Lola ?

And about Kara's villa, I should probably just rewrite all that part. It is probably still using legacy code and now everything legacy just fall appart the more I replace it.

reenix

Nov 24, 2018
Ok, thanks.
Could you give me more details about Lola ?

And about Kara's villa, I should probably just rewrite all that part. It is probably still using legacy code and now everything legacy just fall appart the more I replace it.
Ok, so I injected her with the Green Serum in the gym and she messages a few days later saying she needs to speak at your house but there is never an option to have her arrive.

Mar 3, 2018
A couple of observations.

I had saved my progress shortly into Crystal's path. I specifically did that to avoid having bought the wrong paddle. However, when I loaded the game from that save, I started getting messages that I already had received.

Also, I did read the post a couple of posts above on the income mechanics, and it does make sense to me. But that was only after I read the details of the mechanics. Without that, I felt that the game had bugged out when my income wasn't going beyond 2. Maybe incorporate the explanation of the mechanics into the UI - like call it income level instead of income. Expectations are different when you say income.

However, I still feel certain aspects are brutal. Specifically, if I didn't work enough, my income level zeroes out - especially in the early game. And without the explanation of the mechanics - it feels like I just lost all the income that was farmed.

Lastly, I am not too sure if this is a bug or a part of the reward/frustration mechanics - but I started off with Harley this time - just for the kicks
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To that effect I bought the red o-ring and armcuffs for chains, just as the popup suggested. But when I went to tutor her, it didn't register that I had bought those elements. I restarted the game and went with the rote method of corrupting Crystal first, but if we aren't supposed to corrupt Harley early on, maybe block her out till we corrupt Crystal. Just my 2 cents here.

All in all, this is a really good game. To be completely fair to myself, I have mixed feelings with the income mechanics and the way it is being represented, but I respect the developers freedom to design something unique for their game. Hopefully, this will evolve over time so that it is able to cater to the likes and preferences of others, while still holding true to the original aesthetics of the game mechanics that was conceived by the developers.

Reactions: Darkaura

Jonboy72

Jun 20, 2018
In this new version how many times do you have to tutor crystal before you can do anything with her been doing for just over 2 weeks game time now and I can't do anything with her

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Ok, I'm calling an exorcist, right now !

That joke about the bug haunting the game, well it is not a joke.

The bug about Chrystal not gaining affection seem to be because a line of code is just "changed" on the released version.

Same thing with Lola, technically nothing is wrong here, I tested it on my end, no issue.
For this one, I suspect Ren'Py to skip a beat from time to time, and I think it skipped the init of the trigger for the continuation of Lola's story.

If you have that problem here is a workaround :
set_global_trigger(SimpleTrigger("l_green_transition.home_talk_init"))
But as far as I can tell no issue in the code.

Could someone affected by any of those two bugs send me their script.rpa file in PM. I suspect a file corruption during the build and distribution chain, it already happened once, it may be that again.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes