Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
And after rewritten the way the images render...
...As well as manually handling their registering...
...On top of making sure imagepack will only work if they contain all needed images...
...To make that actually usable with a GUI.

I'm done with that update. I won't add a way directly download the imagepacks for now, I'm working of it for 4 days straight now and since it seem to be in a working and stable state, it will stay like that.

Now it is just a matter of Jan showing me the mother-lode of dialogues to implement and the 0.41.0 will be ready.

It is a shame that since it will be the first update to include the updater you won't be able to use said updater to get it. We will see if I forgot some bugs, that way we will be able to test it :D

dr_dro

Oct 13, 2018
Why do you keep using the 0.40.1 without patching the newer versions.

The 0.40.8 is available .
Please update the starting post - versions there are outdated (especially, for MAC).

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Version 0.041.0 released.

And now we well release every new version publicly without delay.

Reactions: crisbr and Andrash

KingsCape

Jul 12, 2017
Version 0.041.0 released.

And now we well release every new version publicly without delay.

Early bug report. A version of this appears for any attempt to message a girl regarding sex shop.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Early bug report. A version of this appears for any attempt to message a girl regarding sex shop.
What image pack are you using ?

Nevermind, I located the issue. Yeah any non-native version are affected. Kind of dumbstruck I forgot to convert SMS events too.

Last edited:

MauritkCL

Feb 3, 2018
Okay, I have no idea what's going on.

On my computer (basic/normal Windows 10 OS PC) I had version 0.40.5, according to the filename. Now, just to be sure nothing went wrong, I updated the file with every patch that followed that particular version. First 0.40.6 then 0.40,7 etc. After finishing that I download the new update and copied it into the (what was now supposedly the 0.40.8) file.

Unfortunately I keep getting an error whenever I try to ask one of the girls to participate in Francesca's advertisement. As soon as I press that button, it crashed completely. I can't ignore the problem either because the error message won't let me. I have tried every version you guys have made available through Patreon (native, Ultralight, light etc.) nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong or is there a game breaking bug/error that needs to be addressed? I'm inclined to think it's me because the release came out a few hours ago and I have barely seen anyone post on any of the forums with problems. Maybe you guys can help me out. Maybe Finsit? Pretty please :p

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Okay, I have no idea what's going on.

On my computer (basic/normal Windows 10 OS PC) I had version 0.40.5, according to the filename. Now, just to be sure nothing went wrong, I updated the file with every patch that followed that particular version. First 0.40.6 then 0.40,7 etc. After finishing that I download the new update and copied it into the (what was now supposedly the 0.40.8) file.

Unfortunately I keep getting an error whenever I try to ask one of the girls to participate in Francesca's advertisement. As soon as I press that button, it crashed completely. I can't ignore the problem either because the error message won't let me. I have tried every version you guys have made available through Patreon (native, Ultralight, light etc.) nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong or is there a game breaking bug/error that needs to be addressed? I'm inclined to think it's me because the release came out a few hours ago and I have barely seen anyone post on any of the forums with problems. Maybe you guys can help me out. Maybe Finsit? Pretty please :p
In the main menu doesn't an Update button appeared in the bottom left corner ? You might need to restart the game.

I have patched that bug in the 0.41.1 and you should be able to update from the 0.41.0 main menu.

Edit: Ok, the updater is bugged how ironic ...
There a dirty manual patch.
Just be aware that it will still show you the update as available even if the changes are already on the script.rpa

Last edited:

ghosthelper

Apr 19, 2018
In the main menu doesn't an Update button appeared in the bottom left corner ? You might need to restart the game.

I have patched that bug in the 0.41.1 and you should be able to update from the 0.41.0 main menu.

Edit: Ok, the updater is bugged how ironic ...
There a dirty manual patch.
Just be aware that it will still show you the update as available even if the changes are already on the script.rpa
Getting this error whenever asking anyone for help in sexshop.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have updated the game to 0.41.2 and using the Lossless version

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Oh, okay I think I understand the issue.

I didn't thought of that case. What happened is that the old SMS with images are bugged and still stored in you save.
So I'll need to make a fix for the old saves containing those.

I'll make the fix and push it to the updater channel. So try to check again in 1 hour-ish.

ghosthelper

Apr 19, 2018
Oh, okay I think I understand the issue.

I didn't thought of that case. What happened is that the old SMS with images are bugged and still stored in you save.
So I'll need to make a fix for the old saves containing those.

I'll make the fix and push it to the updater channel. So try to check again in 1 hour-ish.
thanks a bunch!

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Ok, the fix is much more complicated to make than planned. Strange how every single time it is the case it seems to be related to Ren'Py GUI ...

Edit:
I fixed it, not issue with keeping your save it should work fine.

Let me just upload the update and it should be available for you to download through the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ghosthelper

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
just fyi, i've updated my unofficial android port of Deviant Discoveries v0.41.3.
don't ask for the update function or different image packs. both features are technically impossible on Android.

Reactions: 6een

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
you wanna cheat, here is probably the best starting point:

Reactions: PLSENDMYLIFE
4.20 star(s) 57 Votes