VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Devilicious [v0.1.1] [ElusiveDreams]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5144788

Devilicious
    Version: 0.1.1
    Type: VN - Story based
    Content: Short
    Pacing: Steady
    Plot line: Revenge story - Naive MC being introduced to reality in a harsh way - how to become stronger in his situation and get revenge
    Setting: Murdered mother and abandoned by father - Demon and Human World - Gets into a gray organization doing (secret) missions

Character Models: Outstanding
    Personalities: Carved out extremely well for a short game

Music: Overall really good but some make the game especially immersive
    Animation: Really Good

Best part: Character design is incredible. The hair detail is among the best of games you can find in f95.
    The eyes are really beautiful. The faces are really clean and the expressions are carved out neatly.
    It doesn't even stop there... The story is amazing and has immense potential.
    The UI also has a unique design and is really good once you get used to it.

Thoughts: I am blown away by this masterpiece. The game is so overlooked omg.
    It is really a shame - and I REALLY mean it - that the game got abandoned.
    Discontinuation is always a sad event but here, it is even more of a pity.

Side Remark: I have a list of 261 Koikatu games. This one easily got into Top 10.
    Top 5 or even Top 3 wouldn't be impossible if there were more content. Really a shame.
    Even their patreon support page is gone :cry:
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Milzahj

review for version 1.1
    Good start I really liked it.
    Cute girls, both in looks and personality. Decent worldbuilding and a nice story.
    Writing could use some polish, but I had no trouble understanding what was meant.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Dvvalin

★ DEVILICIOUS REVIEW
    I'm writing this review after playing Version: 0.1.1. Here's what I liked and did not like so far.

+ THE STORY:
    It’s a revenge story and so far it’s actually pretty good.
    + CHARACTERS:
    Characters are likeable, except for one(to be fair she isn’t meant to be likeable). Girls have different personalities. There’s a girl for everyone.
    + THE SEX SCENES:
    Fappability - 3/5 One Blowjob scene as of 0.1.1 and a few naughty scenes. More than most have for the first release.
    + VISUALS:
    Renders are beautiful.
    + MC:
    Some choices seem to have an actual effect on the MC. Personality of the protagonist may differ from player to player in the future.

+/- MUSIC:
    Decent
    +/- WRITING:
    The writing is surprisingly good. A lot of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes but it’s not bad enough where it becomes unreadable, all of it can be fixed by a proofreader.

VERDICT:
    A very underrated/overlooked game. The quality is top notch which is surprising especially considering it’s coming from a new developer.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Last_Bernstein

As a caveat let it be said this is only the prologue and things may change for the better or worse. Early on it is hard to say in which direction a game goes, and therefore it should not be judged too harshly. Personally I would expect it to go up to four stars in the future, but I personally put quite some weight on the story therefore at the moment only 3.

Story: It is hard to say something nice about that. The MC is apparently suffering severe anger issues, with what felt like every second sentence being about either losing his temper or reigning said temper in. At the moment he has no true likeable aspect and to that comes his status as a massive wimp, from a physical and performance perspective.
    The near immediate and utterly forced upon status as a slave is irking and how it came to be just pathetic. With the followed upon constant verbal abuse and bashing of the MC, it really does not look good for the MC. To his apparent lack of physical skills there comes a strong inclination to hold an idiot ball or just be plain stupid.

Only hope here is that this changes fast, because at the moment this takes any fun out of reading it. Dislike of every character does not make for a good story. It feels like the set-up for those revenge stories where one character either gets a second shot at life or is sent back in time to get his due. Such a set-up, if it is deliberate, can deliver some nice satisfaction but this currently just has the negative feelings.

Originality: Too little content to say.

Renders: Most positive aspect of the game right now. It shows a certain dedication and will to do good work here. This promises good things for the future, if the developer keeps on track.

Sound: No comment on that.

Bugs: I did not encounter any bugs or problems with the game right now from a performance aspect.

Grammar/Spelling: Yeah, there were some mistakes even some words I think don't exist. It is not excessive, but it has to be mentioned.

Amount of content: It is a prologue and has a decent amount of content for it(nice renders+a sex scene). Likely sets up the future with the slave situation and establishes some characters.