Devs Mega Universe (idea never seen before)

May 27, 2024
Advantages
+ partial share of assets
+ share a lore/region, making players feel at home

Imagine a group of devs making games in the same "universe", with the same cities and locations
Plus the occasional collab

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
You mean, something like the simulation in SpaceCorps XXX, but that would also reflect to the guest games and not be just simulation ? Or do you mean something like in [too many games] where you can have small encounters with characters from an other game, but with those encounters being more than a tribute to a game/dev ?

Well, in fact whatever the answer the answer is the same: Too complicated.

It would need the devs to not only team up for a scene or two, but for the universe building. One can't define a characteristic of the universe without firstly ensuring that it will not collide, or worse conflict, with what all the other devs have planed.
And it goes like that for any small detail in the said universe. Politicians are morally stuck up ? Well, the game that feature an opened incestuous relationship will be totally out of place, because all in all politics reflect the thought of the majority. One MC fight against a Mega Corpo that secretly control, or want to control, the world ? Well, it will not works with the game where everyone live in an utopian universe. And so on, every author taking part in that project would have to tweak his story for it to fit in the common universe.

But in the end, don't we already have that ? Don't half the games take place in the same universe, the one we actually live in, but in an alternate version where guys are all lusting for their mother and sisters ?

May 27, 2024
Hmm ok good point, I still think it'd be cool to see though.
Look at Alien, Predator, Blade Runner, there's like 5 or 6 movies in the same universe and some of them got included simply by the director asking to join.

I feel like some basic rules could be established, for example having League of Legends type of mixed furry/human species.

Goeffel

Sep 10, 2022
I think it would be possible, in a way similar to
But it would need a lot of work ahead, by someone who is able to maintain some basic control.

also:

Reactions: PinkArdillaDev