Ren'Py Daz Dev's recording/streaming their development process?

PaulTurismo

Jun 16, 2020
I've recently discovered that FILF creator "ICCreations" streams themselves developing their new game, and I've found this to be incredibly helpful for me. I've learned a ton from seeing their workflow and how they go about rendering/posing different scenes.

My question is, does anybody know of any other devs who do the same? Even if locked behind a patreon.

Thanks!

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Ages ago (at least 3-4 years) I remember one doing so, but went AWOL.

It's not really in the recording/streaming thing (more sharing projects), but if you're into Unity & HDRP :

First I wanted to dump everything here, but felt bad about it. Helped me a lot.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Not game developers, but is a Renderosity vender who twitch streams asset creation (mostly clothing/environments). For Daz renders, streams too. You may see him post his work in the Art section on here from time to time.

On youtube, sometimes streams his stuff too.

Those are the only ones I know of.

Of course, DarkCookie streams on Picarto too. But that is 2D.

ttrspamm

May 19, 2023
It's not really in the recording/streaming thing (more sharing projects), but if you're into Unity & HDRP :
Once I get my prototype further along I was thinking about biting the bullet and spending the $70 to try and learn how to achieve similar visuals to her showcases.
I assume you get access to all of the past projects right?
I'm mostly looking for help with shaders in HDRP, and how to properly light your scene. Do you feel there's enough content there to justify the price just for that?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Once I get my prototype further along I was thinking about biting the bullet and spending the $70 to try and learn how to achieve similar visuals to her showcases.
I assume you get access to all of the past projects right?
I'm mostly looking for help with shaders in HDRP, and how to properly light your scene. Do you feel there's enough content there to justify the price just for that?
I got some projects for free from a friend who is solely focusing on Unity for ages.
Not sure I can answer that tho, it depends where you at (you may be way more advanced than me).

Without going into the shader network itself or lightening, are you familiar with PBR workflow? Can you open a mesh and bake all kind of different maps on-the-fly when needed? Correctly packed into the right RGBA Channels? It's gonna be critical before going any further (imho). If yes it may worth it, if no I'm not sure about it.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Not really streaming, but I do some Making Of videos every now and then (haven't for a while, been busying with VN.) that goes from setup to light to postwork. Not all of them have talking, mostly the newer ones, but most should be somewhat helpful nonetheless.

ttrspamm

May 19, 2023
I got some projects for free from a friend who is solely focusing on Unity for ages.
Not sure I can answer that tho, it depends where you at (you may be way more advanced than me).

Without going into the shader network itself or lightening, are you familiar with PBR workflow? Can you open a mesh and bake all kind of different maps on-the-fly when needed? Correctly packed into the right RGBA Channels? It's gonna be critical before going any further (imho). If yes it may worth it, if no I'm not sure about it.
Oh, sounds quite advanced then. From what you describe I assume it's just completed projects and you're left to figure things out on your own and not step by step guides. That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Oh, sounds quite advanced then. From what you describe I assume it's just completed projects and you're left to figure things out on your own and not step by step guides. That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up.
Definitely not step by step guide.
Advanced yes and no. In a perfect world you should be comfortable with any textures.
It's also somewhat a good way to see the distance within yourself and an Unity guru.

Reactions: ttrspamm

Grap

Feb 7, 2019
is a great resource (I think) at walking you through the Renpy development phases in his 'Let's Code' series. He's very detailed about what he's doing and why he's doing it. He also has videos on adding DAZ visuals, rendering, and all of that.