RPGM - Dezato Wasteland [v0.0.4] [Midnight-A]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Amonvonbon

I think there's a really good base here, but it definitely needs some work.

Very similar to the first 2 fallout games in that it's a zany post apocolypse setting, the dialogue has personality for sure and the renders are v good for koikatsu(which I'm not usually a fan of). Combat is fine, which is more than I can say for most rpgm games, and I like the ui a lot. It is a bit buggy, clicking to move during transitions to cutscenes can break the game, and this game desperately needs sound. A soundtrack, more ambience, anything. A final minor point is that the English isn't perfect and it needs some editing.

It's rough around the edges but shows a lot of potential, and if the developer can improve these aspects and make good on initial promise I think this can be a v good game.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.0.1

I'm always on the lookout for good RPGM games, so I'm happy to say this one has a pretty decent start going.

The style almost feels reminiscent of Fallout games. Post apocalyptic setting aside, this feels a bit more exploration and quest driven as opposed to constantly pushing through a big story. There's a nice amount of attention to detail in the world, and just a lot of little details in general that all add up into a fun experience. Gets you immersed pretty easily.

Characters are fine enough so far. I can't say I'm really connecting with the MC yet, but I don't hate him either. I like the two companions, but there's not a ton to go on with them yet. I will say I feel like the second party member doesn't really fit the wasteland theme, but that's more of a nitpick.

My main complaint so far is the lack of equipment and general combat variety. I explored pretty much everywhere available, and every single piece of loot I found was a consumable. Honestly, I think that's super lame. If all I'm going to find throughout my time exploring is random one-use items, I'll just stop exploring. Consumables are not exciting. I do like that there is a lot of side stuff to explore and random little characters to run into, so the base of it is there. I just need more to make it feel worth I suppose.

Beyond that though, I really don't have any other big problems. There's definitely a lot of smaller stuff that needs touching up or fixing, but given how early in development this is, it's not a big deal. Really hoping this turns into something great.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Xan_Vados

I enjoyed playing your game and I think you have done a great job creating an immersive and engaging experience. However, there are some aspects of the game that I think can be improved. Here is my feedback:
    • The game world felt empty and lifeless, even though there were many NPCs around. Maybe you can add more environmental details, sounds, or interactions to make it more lively and realistic.
    • The game lacked music in the background, which made it less immersive and exciting. Maybe you can add some rock or punk metal themed songs that suit the setting of the game.
    • The UI was not user-friendly and intuitive. It was hard to navigate through the menus and options, and the sound effects were annoying when switching between dialogues. Maybe you can redesign the UI to make it more simple and elegant, and use a soothing sound for the dialogues.
    • There was no map or indicator to guide me through the quests or locations. I felt lost and confused most of the time. Maybe you can add a map feature or a quest tracker that shows me where to go and what to do next.
    • The dialogues were hard to follow because the MC’s frame was always on the screen and the names were not clear. I could not tell who was talking at some points. Maybe you can change the MC’s frame depending on who is talking, or use different colors or fonts for the names.
    On the other hand, there were also some things that I liked about the game:
    • The MC was interesting and his banter with the girl was quite amusing.
    • The other characters in the game had good dialogues and personalities, and the story was not bad.
    • The fights were decent and challenging, but I would like to see more bosses in some areas.
    I hope you find this feedback helpful and constructive. I look forward to seeing more updates and improvements on your game. Keep up the good work!