Ren'Py Dialog box size depending on the charachters?

zombietorrent

May 24, 2020
Hi, How to change textbox position for each character? And How to Change the size depending on the charachters? in Renpy
Thank You

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Why would you make different looking dialog boxes for different characters?
As a player, I would find that rather annoying. As a player I prefer to read a well readable text with high visibility, that doesn't boogie around the screen, so I can focus on the content and not the "fun" of trying to focus on it while being distracted by useless bling.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

zombietorrent

May 24, 2020
Why would you make different looking dialog boxes for different characters?
As a player, I would find that rather annoying. As a player I prefer to read a well readable text with high visibility, that doesn't boogie around the screen, so I can focus on the content and not the "fun" of trying to focus on it while being distracted by useless bling.
I would like to have some story telling part, i feel easier to ready my box i bigger and at the center.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
For story telling Ren'Py has a special mode: The mode that you can switch on and off.
I suggest you use that for the story part, since it's exactly what it's made for: in the center and from the top to the bottom of the screen by default.

zombietorrent

May 24, 2020
For story telling Ren'Py has a special mode: The mode that you can switch on and off.
I suggest you use that for the story part, since it's exactly what it's made for: in the center and from the top to the bottom of the screen by default.
amazing thanx a lot

Reactions: Penfold Mole