Seeking Dialogue Interruption

nullhazard

May 22, 2020
Super Deepthroat had a feature where a character's speech text could be interrupted by penetrating their mouth. This would cause their dialogue to pause printing partway and be replaced by some onomatopoeia, followed by some other sounds until you withdrew from their mouth. After they regained their breath, they would resume dialogue where they left off.

The result would be something like...

"Have you seen Kr "
"Have you seen Kr-ghch!" <interrupted by dick>
"Have you seen Kr-ghch! mmn! glk!"
"Have you seen Kr-ghch! mmn! glk! ack! agph!" <coughing, catching their breath>
"Have you seen Kr-ghch! mmn! glk! ack! agph! ... Krystal around?"

The only other game I've found with something kinda similar to this feature was NPC Violation. I enjoyed these games somewhat, but they fell flat for me in some ways. Dialogue interruption doesn't seem to be as interesting to me when the character is portrayed in canon as an NPC with fixed repetitive dialogue. It also loses its appeal when the interruption happens as part of a fixed script and I'm watching someone else do it; being able to interrupt someone at any given moment seems to be important to me.

Generally, I don't find VNs, Ren'Py, or text-heavy games very appealing. I understand this is somewhat in opposition to what I'm looking for, but I'm very tactile and have difficulty with reading large bodies of text. That being said, I can imagine myself enjoying a text-heavy game a lot more with this feature.

Are there any other games with interruptable dialog, or that have mods for it? Or is it too niche for me to find something new?

Thank you for considering this request.