Ren'Py - Completed - Diatima's Isekai [v0.15] [Frozen Synapse]

1. 1.00 star(s)

popabear

Diatima's Isekai [v0.14] review

It was decent up until the point the directionless sandbox happened. The fuck am I supposed to do? Why do I have to mouse-over everything to see what's clickable? Why is every location empty? Why is there no quest log? Yuck! This is just awful.

Yeah I really don't have the patience for this crap. Why is there even a sandbox there in the first place? The story seems decent enough to not require a sandbox with empty locations boring the player to death.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Orichan

I skipped 3/4 of the dialogues because I'm not interested into reading a novel when I'm expecting a H game. And there are way too much text for way too little scenes.

Otherwise I would read a real novel, I wouldn't come on f95 where 99% of them are mediocre at best, to find one.

That said, I do sometime read dialogues in games here, but that's because they first satisfied what I came for, and slowly introduced to the story, which I think is a nice way to do.

The renders and character models are good. Especially the male ones.

I would put 3 stars but the Sandbox experience has been terrible. It's terrible in every games and at this point I don't understand how anyone can like it. It's basically a VN where you have to click hundreds times at different part of your screen, for no reasons, just to see 3 renders, then move on clicking again everywhere for 3 more. It's debilitating, I think people can lose brain cells playing these games. I'm obviously being provocative here, but that's to point out how irritating this system is.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

AnyName'llDo

Really enjoying this game. The story is engaging. Your choices make a meaningful impact. Diatima is an attractive character, and I like the look of the supporting women. The corruption pacing and options are good, too. I'd love to see this game and others where you have this much freedom of choice available have more success.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Donjoe81

Diatima's Isekai [v0.11.1]

I do like the renders and the MC (not sure about her ears though).
    But one thing I don´t understand is, why this is a Sandbox game.
    Because all you do is go to bed, dress, go to school or do pointless tasks like watching TV.
    And that combined with the pointless clicking through the locations feels like a total waste of time, to be honest.
    Just bring me there. I don't need to see downtown on my way to school if I'm not doing anything there either.
    The premise of the Story is decent, but the Story itself feels too repetitive and slow burn.
    Especially when you need to repeat the same tasks and end up watching a scene that feels similar to the last ones.
    There is a bug when you try to choose a dress and you get teleported to the streets.
    The UI feels a bit weird, because you have to hover over certain spots and not with others.
    I think this game could be decent, but there´s still too much stuff that doesn´t fit together.
    If this was a VN or a hybrid without all the pointless actions you need to take to go from A to B and removing tasks that are just as pointless as watching TV, it would be a better game experience.
    I wish the Dev good luck in the development of his game and will follow the progress.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

HypnoKitten

Absolutely love this game so far (0.11.1). The story has enough meat on it to engage and make you wonder what's gonna happen, but it doesn't overwhelm you with lore at the starting screen. The characters are slightly caricature / predictable but have enough personality to keep them interesting. All the paths actually feel pretty valid - if you want a strong-woman-rebel-against-the-system path you can go that route, if you wanna do a patriarchy run you can go that route too, and both will feel interesting.

The 'sexy' part is slightly lacking so far.. you can feel where it will go but it doesn't seem to be in a rush to get there. But the teasy parts are promising, and the art is good. And yea, the character's expression is.. odd.. but that's actually rather nice. We've all seen the same perfect-CG-faces that look interchangeable after a while, so its nice that the MC is memorable.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

mordecai888

Great game so far.
    The story grabbed my attention from the beginning.
    From the start, the protagonist acts like a kicked puppy with very low self esteem, and if you take into account her background, that makes sense.
    Diatima working out with James, trying to get better and gain confidence seems a lot like the classic hero's journey, and that is something I never thought I would see in a female-led game.
    What happens at school was also good. The way Dia acts with classmates and professors, like a fish out of water, making blunders here and there because she doesn't know how things work on Earth, is believable.
    The graphical part is well-developed, but I have seen better.

Now the cons. I don't play sandbox usually, but this was okayish. There are parts that can be improved, but it was bearable. I would like to see less grinding to go somewhere.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

turncoatvolatile

I liked the overall game. The graphics are good, and there are a few mechanics I find interesting.
    The story is also good. The main character starts very weak and quite pathetic, but I can see there will be ways in the future to make her more confident and stronger.
    The UI is easy to use, so that's a pro, but so far, this could've been a visual novel. The game is quite linear, though that could change in the future.
    There are also a few problems. There are a lot of useless locations, and there is a need for more quick travel. There is too much useless clicking.

Overall, though, a good start.