Did you all buy daz3d?

Malkav

May 28, 2017
Since this forum is for piracy I figured this can't be too taboo of a question.
Did you actually pay for this program? I checked the piratebay and the version there is from 2016.

Or does it work in a way where all you need is the free version plus the assets available from f95zone? If not, I seem to have failed searching up a current version anywhere.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Daz Studio is completely free. You can find it here.

Do keep in mind this is the latest version though, Daz 4.11.

The only things you'd need to buy are the assets, which you can find here obviously as well as on zonegfx.com and 3d-load.net (if it comes back online. It's down atm)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
"The first one's free"... that's how they getcha!

I've spent a fair amount on Daz assets, but I would never have gotten into 3D character rendering if Daz3D itself wasn't free. There's a fair amount of free assets for it too, plus you can import .obj's and such. But a lot of the really cool stuff isn't free of course. No regrets!

If someone is trying to sell you Daz3D the program (not the addons), yeah avoid those people.
:p

Reactions: Sumodeine

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Im not sure how you didnt know it's free considering it tells you that on the website. So you know programs like Maya, 3dsmax, and Cinema3d are free or at least have free student versions available as well.. and you can literally make a hollywood movie with those. The GOT dragon scenes etc are likely done in maya or possibly houdini