Daz Dirt on body

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to use this asset Skin Effects : Dirt for Genesis 8

It works pretty well, except when I want to add the following 2 assets :
I get this :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, to remove these white parts, I go to the dirt geoshell param tab and I switch off all the property concerned.

But after that, I now get this :

Does anyone know a trick to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance to those who will take the time to help me ! :love:

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
So, the problem, in summary, is the following:
  1. The assets you mentioned (the gens and breasts) are "geografts," which replace a portion of the original mesh in the figure with a new mesh. Think of it as taking a pair of scissors, cutting bits off a Barbie and then pasting in new bits to replace them.
  2. The "skin effects" product uses a "geoshell". This is essentially a new copy of the original G8 mesh that hovers just slightly above the original mesh, and allows you to put on new textures. Sort of like encapsulating a Barbie inside a new, just slightly larger Barbie.
Basically, the two are incompatible - #2 depends on the original G8 mesh, while #1 replaces parts of it.

What you could try, however, is the following. I'll use the breast product as an example.
  1. The breast product obviously has a texture.
  2. You could modify the texture used in the figure by using the Layered Image Editor (LIE). This allows you to "stack" multiple images on top of one another, rather than replacing the original image.
  3. So, go to the "skin effects" product, and find the textures that it uses. Specifically the one for the torso.
  4. See if you can "add that texture on as a new layer" in the Layered Image Editor.
If you can do that, you'll have created the same effect as what the geoshell did, just using LIE instead. This might be a little tricky, because the texture for the breast product may not line up well with the original mesh, and, as a result, you might end up with visible "seams" in the dirt on the figure. If you're good with Photoshop, you might be able to fix that, however.

That's about the best I can offer suggestion-wise.

NanoGames

Nov 24, 2020
The problem is that the product doesn't know what to do with the extra surfaces, so it just puts a daz default material on them.

The fix is actually simple, navigate to the surfaces of the geoshell, select the affected ones and first apply the Iray Uber Base, to find this switch to the Presets tab on the top of the sufaces window and then navigate to Shaders->IRay and search there.

Now that the correct shader is applied, you can select the torso surface on the geoshell right click and copy it, then paste it to the broken ones.

After this it might still look wrong, that is because you might have to change the UV map, to do that go to the surface, geometry/UV maps section and select the correct UV map, if there are multiple just try until one works.

Also use your common sense, if in the name of the broken surface says arms instead of torso, chances are you will have to paste a copy of the arms there, not the torso.

All of this is assuming those products use the standard G8 UV maps, if they don't, the process of copying the shader is the same, but depending on how the textures are made you might have to edit them to fit the new UVs.

Let me know if you need pictures showing you the process.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Saint_RNG

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Damn, Thanks for the tip !

I had never heard of LIE. I'm going to educate myself on this and test your solution.

I'll post some results here if I ever get around to it.

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
NanoGames Dude, you rock :love: ( you too Rich :LOL: )

Your solution helped me in 5 minutes.

For HD Nipples for G8F - 2.0 asset, only the following step is needed :

The fix is actually simple, navigate to the surfaces of the geoshell, select the affected ones and first apply the Iray Uber Base.
Now that the correct shader is applied, you can select the torso surface on the geoshell right click and copy it, then paste it to the broken ones.

For New Genitalia For Victoria 8 asset, the above step plus the following step is needed :

After this it might still look wrong, that is because you might have to change the UV map, to do that go to the surface, geometry/UV maps section and select the correct UV map, if there are multiple just try until one works.
I just needed to change the "UV Set" from "Default UVs" to "Base Female" for the geoshell anus and genitalia surfaces ;)

Thank you both !

I will keep in mind LIE, it could be very useful in the future.

Reactions: NanoGames

NanoGames

Nov 24, 2020
Glad you were able to fix it, and yeah definitely take a look at learning how LIE works, it can help you to customize textures, quite a useful feature.

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Re guys,

I'm sorry to bother you again but I have a problem that still seems to relate to this asset...
I tried to apply dirt geoshell on a genesis 8 male figure. It works very well.

But when I want to add intimate parts (Dicktator or DB XY), a part of the pelvis remains white despite the changes made to the geoshell surfaces.

So it doesn't look like it's coming from the dirt geoshell.

Unlike with my genesis 8 female, I also added wounds with this asset.

I tested Dicktator with the same character but without the wounds and dirt. And it works perfectly, so it doesn't seem to be a problem from Dicktatot either.

One thing I've noticed is that now, with the added injuries. The character uses textures that are in C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 [2]\temp instead of E:\DAZ Studio\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\Hinkypunk\Kai.

I tried to copy the original textures but it didn't help. Tbh, I'm a little bit confused about the concept and the surface panel. :cry:

NanoGames

Nov 24, 2020
The problem doesn't seem to be the geoshell, but the Dicktator figure, at least that's what it looks like. It might not like the L.I.E setup on the torso or something. I would suggest selecting all surfaces on the Dicktator figure ( not the geoshell), make sure they are all IRay Uber base and then copy your character's torso surface on them. You might have to select the correct UV map after that.

There's also the copy mat script that comes with the figure but that might not be working properly by the looks of it.

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
The problem doesn't seem to be the geoshell, but the Dicktator figure, at least that's what it looks like. It might not like the L.I.E setup on the torso or something. I would suggest selecting all surfaces on the Dicktator figure ( not the geoshell), make sure they are all IRay Uber base and then copy your character's torso surface on them. You might have to select the correct UV map after that.
I think I have already tried this method, but just in case, I will try again.

There's also the copy mat script that comes with the figure but that might not be working properly by the looks of it
This is exactly what is happening.
I compared the steps (3 scripts + between the character with dirt vs. the normal one and this is when the second script (the one to copy the mats). For the first figure, Dicktator stays white, while for the normal one, it has all his textures.

I just made a little video to show you. You just don't see the popups and dropdowns lists.

If you pay attention, you can see that the surface panel lags a little for the dicktator that doesn't work, while it doesn't for the one that works. Something is wrong. :unsure:

Last edited:

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Ok, nevermind, I am just an idiot :LOL:

I totally forgot that there was also a geoshell for the wounds....

Problem solved, for the moment. :KEK:

Sorry to have bothered you.

Aluafaen

Jun 29, 2022
The problem is that the product doesn't know what to do with the extra surfaces, so it just puts a daz default material on them.

The fix is actually simple, navigate to the surfaces of the geoshell, select the affected ones and first apply the Iray Uber Base, to find this switch to the Presets tab on the top of the sufaces window and then navigate to Shaders->IRay and search there.

Also use your common sense, if in the name of the broken surface says arms instead of torso, chances are you will have to paste a copy of the arms there, not the torso.

All of this is assuming those products use the standard G8 UV maps, if they don't, the process of copying the shader is the same, but depending on how the textures are made you might have to edit them to fit the new UVs.

Let me know if you need pictures showing you the process.
hi i'm new here and i have the same problem, please do you still have those pictures with instructions on how to do it? Thanks.

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
Hi guys,

i'm pretty sure, that the problem lies between my ears....but although i follow Nanogames instructions - at least i think so - i won't get rid off this:
1702397849186.png

It's a standard G8F with Advanced Pussy and copied material (then the AP shell appears) and everything is fine.
As soon as i add Skin Effects Dirt by Aeon Soul, the skin looks like in the pic.

I fully understand WHY this is like that (geograft of AP is incompatible with geoshell for the dirt) but whatever i try, it happens (according to the description) either nothing happens or it gets even worse.

If there is a short hint "do this on X and copy from here to there" ....this would be very helpful.

And is there no script or addon available for this "problem"? Can imagine, that this happens quite often...

Thanks in advance

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
To fix this you need to :
  1. Select your dirt shell in the scene tab,
  2. Select all surfaces beginning with "AdvancedPussy" (7) in the Editor tab of the surfaces pane,
  3. Go to the Presets tab of the surfaces pane and apply !Iray Uber Base shader,
  4. Back in the Editor tab, select Torso surface and right click > Copy Selected Surface(s)
  5. Select all the surfaces beginning with "AdvancedPussy" (EXCEPT the one containing the word Legs), right click > Paste to Selected Surface(s)
  6. Do step 4 and 5 with the Legs surface and the AdvancedPussy_12345_Legs surface
I don't know of any scripts that can do this in one click, but it's probably possible. You'll have to make the script yourself and I guess it will be one script for one asset (for example, one script for breastacular, one script for golden palace, etc.) since the surfaces are different for each asset.

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
To fix this you need to :
  1. Select your dirt shell in the scene tab,
  2. Select all surfaces beginning with "AdvancedPussy" (7) in the Editor tab of the surfaces pane,
  3. Go to the Presets tab of the surfaces pane and apply !Iray Uber Base shader,
  4. Back in the Editor tab, select Torso surface and right click > Copy Selected Surface(s)
  5. Select all the surfaces beginning with "AdvancedPussy" (EXCEPT the one containing the word Legs), right click > Paste to Selected Surface(s)
  6. Do step 4 and 5 with the Legs surface and the AdvancedPussy_12345_Legs surface
I don't know of any scripts that can do this in one click, but it's probably possible. You'll have to make the script yourself and I guess it will be one script for one asset (for example, one script for breastacular, one script for golden palace, etc.) since the surfaces are different for each asset.
Saint_RNG: thanks a lot.
Just one last question reg. Step 5.
On which assett/Shell/??? should i paste? Not on the dirt shell, i asume. Or am i wrong?
Cheers

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Saint_RNG: thanks a lot.
Just one last question reg. Step 5.
On which assett/Shell/??? should i paste? Not on the dirt shell, i asume. Or am i wrong?
Cheers
The white part is always due to a shell that has surfaces it's not supposed to have initially ( the one of a basic genesis 8 character ).
You can easily see it by hiding ( via the eye in your asset list in the Scene panel ) the shell, if the white part disappears you've got your culprit.
All the steps I've listed only take place on the dirt shell (and its surfaces), that's why there's step 1. Normally the dirt shell is supposed to be selected during all the steps.

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
The white part is always due to a shell that has surfaces it's not supposed to have initially ( the one of a basic genesis 8 character ).
You can easily see it by hiding ( via the eye in your asset list in the Scene panel ) the shell, if the white part disappears you've got your culprit.
All the steps I've listed only take place on the dirt shell (and its surfaces), that's why there's step 1. Normally the dirt shell is supposed to be selected during all the steps.
Holy shit....it is working!

As stated initially in my question: the problem was between my ears. :FacePalm:

Thanks a lot!
You deserve a special present from Santa!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Saint_RNG