Others Dirty Chatting [v0.12] [Mimir Games]

4.80 star(s) 10 Votes

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
v0.11 Public Update - Artwork update, and more !
This would be the first update ! I still want to work on an iterative cycle, so I'll try to post frequent updates.

Featuring primarily the artwork update I mentioned ; all of the day 1 gallery pictures have been polished, cleaned up linearts and colored. Check out what it looks like and feel free to give me feedback !
As some have suggested, the original sketch artworks can still be viewed in the gallery - just switch at will between art styles using the new dedicated button.

All the placeholder artworks on the social media apps + the roommate's stream are still featuring the original art style. I've started working on coloring the latter, but I'm also waiting on feedback to see where I'll go with that.

This also introduces a new gameplay mechanic : deductions ! You can combine clues you've uncovered to try and form deductions, possibly discovering new clues in the process or finding out what a specific character likes or dislikes.
Regarding that, the clues are no properly sorted in the different categories (hints, likes, dislikes). It's mostly flavor as of now, but will most likely be more cemented in the gameplay later on.

A few new clues I've been added, nothing absolutely crucial to the development of the story but it fleshes out the character a bit as well as illustrating the new mechanic (there a couple deductions to be made !)

Some small reworks in the script to address some consistency issues, as well as a few bugfixes here and there.

Lastly, after the conclusion of day 1, you can play through the teaser for the second day I've started working on and get an early impression to what will happen next !

To get early access to all builds, see some WIP artworks and if you want to support my work, feel free to become a !

Verdandi

Nov 29, 2020
Hey, the game looks intriguing.

I really like the drawing style but the UI looks a bit barren which at this stage is understandable of course. I really like the idea for logic puzzles, looking for clues, connecting threads, etc.
Would it be possible to add a option to disable highlighting of points of interest in photos? Make it a little more difficult for players.

Can you outline what fetishes could potentially occur, and which ones definitely do not? For example, the mechanics of saving photos before someone deletes them has a lot of potential for blackmail content. It's almost obvious to me, but is that your thing?

Welwigo

Apr 12, 2021
Chubby redhead? I'm in.
Proprietary Microsoft frameworks? I'm out.

The desktop build targets indeed .NET 7.0. A lot of people will have those runtimes already installed for being required by software they previously installed, but it looks like you did not. Recent Windows versions comes preinstalled with the runtimes for .NET 4.8, but not this one.
It's a software framework for desktop applications, maintained by Microsoft themselves.
Avalonia has the option of WebAssembly, so it might be better in future minor versions to just release as a WASM. Then for major milestones just release the individual executables. Windows and Linux users are already a bit used to overcoming them, but reducing barriers for MacOS and Android/iOS users would give you a wider audience. There wouldn't be much of a tradeoff of performance because this isn't a particularly animation heavy or reaction reliant game.

Urist

Nov 29, 2016
What kind of content would you like to see ?
You have an OF thing in the game, so clearly you gotta add corruption stuff. Piercings, tans, hair/makeup color choice, exhibitionism, moral degradation/sluttification (as in, you slowly corrupt her over time to do more stuff, etc.), though cheating/NTR content should be optional (but still included).

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Thank you all for the feedback, I'll do my best to adress your points !

Hey, the game looks intriguing.

I really like the drawing style but the UI looks a bit barren which at this stage is understandable of course. I really like the idea for logic puzzles, looking for clues, connecting threads, etc.
Would it be possible to add a option to disable highlighting of points of interest in photos? Make it a little more difficult for players.

Can you outline what fetishes could potentially occur, and which ones definitely do not? For example, the mechanics of saving photos before someone deletes them has a lot of potential for blackmail content. It's almost obvious to me, but is that your thing?
The UI is indeed minimalist, I'm definitely not a front-end dev at heart ! But it's a learning process and as the game will grow to be more feature complete, making it pretty will be on the backlog. A difficulty setting affecting the visibility of clues is definitely doable though !
There are a couple of listed planned fetishes, I don't have a definitive answer regarding blackmail but it does fit well in the setting so I'll keep that mind. Given the setting, I also envision some voyeurism stuff, probably around hacking into some character's devices.

Waiting for android port
Trying to gauge the interest in the android version, but I will for sure start to assess how much work is required to make the build work !

Maybe some breeding or impregnation? At least as some kinky dirty talk thing during sexchat or ManyFans posts
Breeding/impregnation is not in the works for now, but I absolutely plan to do something more interactive for ManyFans (it's a bit of a proof of concept for now) and FaceGram !

You have an OF thing in the game, so clearly you gotta add corruption stuff. Piercings, tans, hair/makeup color choice, exhibitionism, moral degradation/sluttification (as in, you slowly corrupt her over time to do more stuff, etc.), though cheating/NTR content should be optional (but still included).
"Corrupting" the main character is indeed a route I plan to implement in the development of the story, and will most likely be optional too

Chubby redhead? I'm in.
Proprietary Microsoft frameworks? I'm out.

Avalonia has the option of WebAssembly, so it might be better in future minor versions to just release as a WASM. Then for major milestones just release the individual executables. Windows and Linux users are already a bit used to overcoming them, but reducing barriers for MacOS and Android/iOS users would give you a wider audience. There wouldn't be much of a tradeoff of performance because this isn't a particularly animation heavy or reaction reliant game.
That's a fair point, though we're not talking about .NET Framework here, the new .NET Platform is free and open-source. I will for sure take a look at WebAssembly though and might provide this choice as well if performance is satisfactory, thanks for the tip

Hjibr

Feb 12, 2024
Thank you all for the feedback, I'll do my best to adress your points !

The UI is indeed minimalist, I'm definitely not a front-end dev at heart ! But it's a learning process and as the game will grow to be more feature complete, making it pretty will be on the backlog. A difficulty setting affecting the visibility of clues is definitely doable though !
There are a couple of listed planned fetishes, I don't have a definitive answer regarding blackmail but it does fit well in the setting so I'll keep that mind. Given the setting, I also envision some voyeurism stuff, probably around hacking into some character's devices.

Trying to gauge the interest in the android version, but I will for sure start to assess how much work is required to make the build work !

Breeding/impregnation is not in the works for now, but I absolutely plan to do something more interactive for ManyFans (it's a bit of a proof of concept for now) and FaceGram !

"Corrupting" the main character is indeed a route I plan to implement in the development of the story, and will most likely be optional too

That's a fair point, though we're not talking about .NET Framework here, the new .NET Platform is free and open-source. I will for sure take a look at WebAssembly though and might provide this choice as well if performance is satisfactory, thanks for the tip
I would also be interested in an android version

Chunzilla

Apr 30, 2017
I like it so far! Its interesting and I hope the MC actually gets laid in the end lol. One complaint i have is the ManyFans search bar seems to be case sensitive which i dont think it should be. The clue is in all caps, if you search for the username in all lowercase it doesn't seem to produce results( at least for me). it was only once i capitalised the First and Second words of the username did it work (left it vague so i didn't spoil the little puzzle).

GERTRUD12

Jun 12, 2017
Hey I was wondering, i am probably dumb, but does it say when you reached the end? Currently I am stuck in trying to find out more about Jade but I cant seem to combine enough/get more info out of her/anywhere

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Hey I was wondering, i am probably dumb, but does it say when you reached the end? Currently I am stuck in trying to find out more about Jade but I cant seem to combine enough/get more info out of her/anywhere
The tutorial/assistant will tell you when you reach the end of the content, yes.
Have you reached the part where Clementine sends you a pic of the roommate ?

ZeroV2

Jul 16, 2023
This concept is fucking brilliant, I love it. Definitely keeping an eye on this one. My suggestion: I think it would be nice to see some reciprocation of pictures from the MC to Clementine. Not to add a pile of new work on your plate, but to me it makes it feel like I'm actually a character inhabiting the world to see the MC occasionally sending some selfies himself. Plus it can add some dimension of "Send a risque photo vs. send a normal photo" to up the heat in certain moments. Sometimes you might read the situation wrong and pick the wrong option, sometimes you nail it and things get spicier.

Reactions: Hjibr and JustBizzu

Iogics

Feb 18, 2019
This concept is fucking brilliant, I love it. Definitely keeping an eye on this one. My suggestion: I think it would be nice to see some reciprocation of pictures from the MC to Clementine. Not to add a pile of new work on your plate, but to me it makes it feel like I'm actually a character inhabiting the world to see the MC occasionally sending some selfies himself. Plus it can add some dimension of "Send a risque photo vs. send a normal photo" to up the heat in certain moments. Sometimes you might read the situation wrong and pick the wrong option, sometimes you nail it and things get spicier.
Feel like the reason devs usually avoid that stuff is the same reason every anime protagonist is blander than skim milk. For self insertion reasons. The more invisible the protagonist is, the easier it is for the self-insertion crowd to get their rocks off. Basically. Moving away from that is, and always will be, a big risk. Since it will alienate a significant portion of your user base to please a minority, by making the actual story more realistic.

ZeroV2

Jul 16, 2023
Feel like the reason devs usually avoid that stuff is the same reason every anime protagonist is blander than skim milk. For self insertion reasons. The more invisible the protagonist is, the easier it is for the self-insertion crowd to get their rocks off. Basically. Moving away from that is, and always will be, a big risk. Since it will alienate a significant portion of your user base to please a minority, by making the actual story more realistic.
Yeah this is very true and I had the same thought. Theoretically, I'd be fine with just a kind of greyed out generic protagonist look, something like how the killer is depicted in Danganronpa before it's revealed
8enk7l7duinb1.png
like this ^

It's less that I want to see the protagonist, but more that I think it can add an interesting angle to the texting back and forth. After all, it takes two to tango just like it takes two to sext. Just spitballing ideas though, I enjoy the concept enough as is to let the dev cook

4.80 star(s) 10 Votes