Others Dirty Chatting [v0.12] [Mimir Games]

4.80 star(s) 10 Votes

GERTRUD12

Jun 12, 2017
The tutorial/assistant will tell you when you reach the end of the content, yes.
Have you reached the part where Clementine sends you a pic of the roommate ?
No, I just get stuck on trying to find info about her roommate and why she is envious about her body or something, I cant seem to find any hints or any combinations that work to move the story along

itslydiabxtch

Aug 4, 2019
No, I just get stuck on trying to find info about her roommate and why she is envious about her body or something, I cant seem to find any hints or any combinations that work to move the story along
Clementine should send a photo of Jade and "rethink" her decision by deleting the photo she sent you. You're supposed to save that image before it gets deleted from the conversation. It will be in your gallery where you can "edit" it to find the information you need.

GERTRUD12

Jun 12, 2017
Clementine should send a photo of Jade and "rethink" her decision by deleting the photo she sent you. You're supposed to save that image before it gets deleted from the conversation. It will be in your gallery where you can "edit" it to find the information you need.
I figured it out, it was the profile pictures of clemetine, I was just dumb LOL.

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
I figured it out, it was the profile pictures of clemetine, I was just dumb LOL.
Glad you figured it out, I wasn't sure where exactly you were stuck but it looks like you were still gathering the initial conversation starters for Clementine. You can indeed click on the profile picture to view them, I'm considering making that a bit more obvious, the idea was to make it reminiscent of the Facebook UI.
Have fun !

Reactions: GERTRUD12

The Spock

Apr 30, 2021
Just played through the current content (0.11 at time of posting) and wow is it good. I love the art style (thicc red heads are hot af) and the concept of an online chat to interact with the world instead of a traditional point and click (inspired perhaps by Emily is away?).

Anyways love this game and I hope that it gets the development it needs to flesh it out.

Reactions: 1y3uehsbqgs

Iogics

Feb 18, 2019
Just played through the current content (0.11 at time of posting) and wow is it good. I love the art style (thicc red heads are hot af) and the concept of an online chat to interact with the world instead of a traditional point and click (inspired perhaps by Emily is away?).

Anyways love this game and I hope that it gets the development it needs to flesh it out.
That's actually a whole sub-genre of lewd games. Most are just via texting rather than online chatting. I've played at least half a dozen games like that (they pretty much all suck, unlike this which looks promising)

DarkKat

Sep 16, 2018
It's been a fun game thus far. I like the slow burn in getting to know the characters and can't wait to learn their quirks, interests, and kinks. Small details like being able to change the character's names are a lot of fun, even if it only saves for Clementine thus far. Looking forward to future releases.

The only bug I've run into thus far is some context clues can be clicked multiple times and seem to stack on the contact page. The one in particular was the clue about Clementine reading feminist novels.

Are there plans to be able to upload a personal avatar?

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
It's been a fun game thus far. I like the slow burn in getting to know the characters and can't wait to learn their quirks, interests, and kinks. Small details like being able to change the character's names are a lot of fun, even if it only saves for Clementine thus far. Looking forward to future releases.

The only bug I've run into thus far is some context clues can be clicked multiple times and seem to stack on the contact page. The one in particular was the clue about Clementine reading feminist novels.

Are there plans to be able to upload a personal avatar?
Thanks for the feedback ! I was aware of that bug but could've sworn I shipped the fix in the last release, so thanks for the heads up.
Regarding the personal avatar, I'm not quite sure as of yet but I can tell you that your username will be featured more prominently in all the apps and in the conversations. I'll play around with the idea and if I feel it's good for immersion I might just add it !

Reactions: DarkKat

Hjibr

Feb 12, 2024
Is there going to be a android version in the Next update Alternatively maybe a browser Version

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
v0.12 Public Update - ManyFans & Facegram overhaul, day 2 continued !

Second update is rolling out !

What's new ?

This time, featuring some reworks and overhaul in the main social media apps :
The ManyFans stream has been reworked, now with updated and colored artwork, as well some new frames.
This app is now more interactive : you get to comment in the chat, find clues in the stream pictures to spice up the live !

Regarding Facegram, there's now the possibility to like and comment the posts in the app.
Commenting will be a core mechanic, much like choosing answers in direct conversations ; with possible different outcomes depending on what you comment !

Story wise, the day 2 is continuing, and you get a new contact in your DMs ! The characters are getting ready for the upcoming party and it's off to a wild start.

This update has been the occasion to implement some changes that allow for branching paths/player choices that impact later outcomes, which will be used more and more as content keep being added.
There are some branching paths in the second day so feel free to restart and try different choices to see variations/different pictures !

Also featured, a bunch of QoL changes/bugfixes, some script changes for consistency purposes, some artwork reworks, etc.

Some news for the Android version

I've been busy investigating the possibility of an Android release, and I have some progress to share.
The good news is that I made a working Android build, which was pretty much feature-complete (at least in the gameplay department). However, the UI has not been designed with the mobile support in my mind, so it looks pretty wonky and some views are kinda broken.
I still need to rework the design pattern of my views with a cross-platform compatibility philosophy, in order to limit platform specific code for obvious maintenance reasons !
This will take some time, but I will try to do it in parallel of everything else and if the amount of work required is reasonable, there might be an Android release as soon as the next update !

What's next ?

Well, as I already stated, I definitely have the Android release on my mind so this will be on the backlog.
The story will keep going on, as I have a bunch of stuff planned for the following events and the party.
There's a bunch of stuff that don't work perfectly as of yet, such as the saving feature : as this game was not made using an existing game engine, I developed that from scratch and it can be buggy in some edge cases. Not that big of a problem when there's not tons of content yet, but something to be improved nonetheless !
Likewise, performance can get some hits on some machines, especially as content keep being added. It's mostly related to how images are loaded, cached and displayed so I will improve that as well.

I try to be oriented towards continuous improvement, so I always reserve some time to improve the codebase and the project management processes !

As always, if you have feedback or suggestions regarding what you would like expanded upon, what you'd like to see more or less, please do share as I read everything !

To get early access to all builds, see some WIP artworks and if you want to support my work, feel free to become a !

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ZeroV2 and DarkKat

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
*person who spent waaaaay too much time on chatting and online relationships in his life*

... LETS GOOO!!!

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
No protagonist? Asked because tag is missing.
The protagonist is you, but for now (if that's your question), player character customization is just inputting your name.
However, I do intend to expand on that : avatar customization, choice of gender, etc.

Tera

Jun 12, 2017
Can't tell if people already had that issue but after failing to save the pic of Jade before Clementine deleted it I loaded an older save and am now softlocked here Screenshot_2489.png

MimirGames

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Can't tell if people already had that issue but after failing to save the pic of Jade before Clementine deleted it I loaded an older save and am now softlocked here View attachment 3609787
As I mentioned, the save function can be pretty buggy right now. You can try and share your save file and I can see if I can fix it for you. I can also provide you with one right before that point, though it might not have the same dialogue options you chose.
Otherwise, you can restart a new session and set the message speed to the fastest if you want to speedrun back to you were.

EDIT : here you go, I attached a save file that loads right before this point in the conversation. Just place it in the /saves folder. Keep me posted if it works !

Tera

Jun 12, 2017
As I mentioned, the save function can be pretty buggy right now. You can try and share your save file and I can see if I can fix it for you. I can also provide you with one right before that point, though it might not have the same dialogue options you chose.
Otherwise, you can restart a new session and set the message speed to the fastest if you want to speedrun back to you were.

EDIT : here you go, I attached a save file that loads right before this point in the conversation. Just place it in the /saves folder. Keep me posted if it works !
Thanks for your quick response, my guess would be that any save which is made at a point where you do not have response choices would break. Maybe prevent saving when you are awaiting responses or allow multiple saves would reduce cases of this happening. I'm sending my old save anyways in case it can be of use to you to find the exact source of this issue.

4.80 star(s) 10 Votes