Ren'Py Disable delayed/"pop up" text in Renpy?

silversurfer1

Oct 9, 2019
I don't know if that's the exact right word to describe what I'm talking about.

In Renpy, if you set text speed all the way up, it appears instantly. But some games have part of the text on a given screen pop up a split second later. It's usually when a character is hesitant or unsure when speaking. So I will often read the first part, think I'm done, and click to continue but I miss the last part and have to go back to read it. I was just wondering if there's possibly any way to disable that.

ThankS

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I was just wondering if there's possibly any way to disable that.
Short answer: No.

Less short answer: Many (but not all) Ren'Py game have a caret that appear at the end of the text. When it's the case, just do not click until you see it.

Longer answer: Well, I'll not write it, but with Ren'Py many, many, many things are possible, including this. But it need technical knowledge, will not necessarily be universal, and can possibly break some games.

silversurfer1

Oct 9, 2019
Short answer: No.

Less short answer: Many (but not all) Ren'Py game have a caret that appear at the end of the text. When it's the case, just do not click until you see it.

Longer answer: Well, I'll not write it, but with Ren'Py many, many, many things are possible, including this. But it need technical knowledge, will not necessarily be universal, and can possibly break some games.
Pretty much what I was afraid of. The caret idea is a good one, unfortunately the game I'm playing now doesn't have it.

Thanks though