• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Disable quick menu in game just saved

Gagge89

Apr 24, 2020
Hi, I discovered that to hide the quick menu bar you need to go to screen.rpy and change the value of the quick menu from true to false.
The problem is that I have played and saved many games without knowing this. How can I intervene in the save files to modify this entry? Is there another way otherwise?
Because I realized that once saved with the quick menu active, even if I go to screen and set it to false it now retains my memory for that save.

Thank you very much because it's a shame now that I've discovered it to restart with all the saves made.:eek::cry:

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Do you know about the save editor?

I'm not sure this will help.

Are you hiding the quick menu bar for aesthetics?

From what little I know of coding, Renpy keeps saves separate from the game itself. You can delete the game, and your saves are still on your hard drive. So, if you change the quick menu, the change will not be reflected in any save before the change.

A sidenote. If you're getting low on hard drive space, you can delete games already played and still be able to pick up where you left off in the next update of that game. Barring any coding that the developer did that might break that old save.

Sorry if you knew all of this already. :sneaky:

Gagge89

Apr 24, 2020
Do you know about the save editor?

I'm not sure this will help.

Are you hiding the quick menu bar for aesthetics?

From what little I know of coding, Renpy keeps saves separate from the game itself. You can delete the game, and your saves are still on your hard drive. So, if you change the quick menu, the change will not be reflected in any save before the change.

A sidenote. If you're getting low on hard drive space, you can delete games already played and still be able to pick up where you left off in the next update of that game. Barring any coding that the developer did that might break that old save.

Sorry if you knew all of this already. :sneaky:

Hi, thank you very much for the information and yes I already knew but I still think it was very wise of you to have communicated it anyway!
Instead I have some good news that could be useful to many: after a bit of research I found the solution!
Then I loaded the single save that had this problem for example in my case "quick-2-LT1.save" on the site

Once uploaded the file can be viewed internally. In the search bar at the top I wrote "quick_menu" and among the hundreds of entries under "renpy.rollback::RollbackLog..." which should be avoided, at level 0 of the root folder I found "quick_menu" and "store .quick_menu" both with True next to them. Simply remove the next flag and make them false and then download the file and overwrite it.
Once I reopened the game the quick save menu disappeared :)

1705612886349.png

At least this worked on the game "Anna Exciting Affection [Ch.2 Ep.14 Fix 1] [DeepSleep]" I think it can work on everyone :)
Throw it in a guide maybe:):):)