EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
DDBanner.png

Overview:
Divine Dawn is an adult RPG in which you step into the role of a would-be hero, with dreams of greatness and no likelihood of achieving any of them in a peaceful world with no real genocidal threats. Then you nearly die several times in a row, discover traces of an ancient mystery and (possibly) impending doom, and go on a road trip with a colorful cast of comrades to save the world! Maybe. You've got a lot of fighting, therapy, adventure, and monster girls to deal with before we get to that point. Fortunately, you'll usually have a partner at your side to help you out in fights and offer witty(?) banter(?). But only you can decide if it's worth trading your humanity for the power you need - otherworldly energies offer much, but will change your body over time.​

Thread Updated: 2023-12-25
Release Date: 2023-12-25
Developer: Cryswar - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.28
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Saves from older versions should be loaded outside of battle (preferably at camp) for maximum compatibility.

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - - -
Mac: - - - - -
Android: - - - - -

celicalewd.png aspasiathonk.png celicute.png screenshot0009.png sarahorni.png metasad.png creampietron.png ashjelly.png screenshot0012.png samzuri.png ashlewd.png battle.png sarah lewd.png metatrait.png Screenshot 2021-10-01 112748.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
By character creation do you mean I can start with or work towards having a 16 inch womb smasher of a cock?
Well, character creation in tags means more RPG stuff; you can start as a mage, warrior, or swordsage and pick your weapon/magic, then branch out into being a paladin, martial artist, etc. as that stuff unlocks and you find trainers. Rules said to only include content that was in the game so I was cautious with those.

However, while I'm not ready to talk about it in detail yet, longer term I fully intend to include what are essentially ascension paths, one of which involves becoming an incubus, so.... sort of? I'm not sure a full on CoC-ish mutation system would be appropriate, but leaving your humanity behind is a later plot option that unlocks or locks in various endings.

While the basic corruption system will be in the game to some degree in 1-2 updates as a result of the events of the temple, and some light modification stuff is likely to show up along the way, I wouldn't expect full on large-scale stuff until much later down the road. I just don't want to get anyone's hopes up for stuff I won't be able to deliver for a while.

that said, cervix/womb stuff may not be realistic but FUCK it is hot and definitely happening at some point

Elexion

Aug 14, 2017
So I've just downloaded it and am in character creation. The ability's in the character screen go off screen a bit for me so I'm missing the end bits of the text. No big deal but might be annoying later. Changing from windowed to fullscreen doesn't change this.

Reactions: Cryswar
Sep 20, 2019
I could not have this game run on my pc, i think it might be using a newer version of Renpy, so i have got the newest version, i can try and download this game again and see if it works on that one, if not, then i don't know what version it use from the Renpy Website where i can download latest version of it.

Dec 5, 2019
So I just finished playing your initial release, everything seemed to work on my machine, and I do like what you have set up here. The h-scenes were well done (Ashley's scene probably earns the Female Domination tag btw) and the mechanics seem competent, though I will say the humor kinda clashes with the Fantasy setting, but it did make me smile more than a few times.
I guess what I'd like in the next update is a guide in the menu somewhere that explains some mechanics like what's the point to fighting consecutive battles without rest or what threat is and why do I want to lower mine.
Something I would also recommend in the future, when the game becomes considerably larger and more expansive, would be to add an encyclopedia of sorts for the characters, places, etc. to help players keep track of everything.
I've had a soft spot for text-based games ever since I played CoC for the first time, so I'm looking forwards to your progress.

Sep 20, 2019
Well, i get a error log when i try to play that game the first time, so maybe when it get's to version 1.0 or something the Nopy version of that download link will work for me? But the description, tags, and the screenshots is good enough to see that this game will be great if it gets enough contents and stuffs over time in the future.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Elexion I see what you mean... yeah, I knew I was going to have to improve that screen. What mighty do is split it up into 3/4 tabs, one for stats, one for abilities, one for traits, one for equip when that's more of a thing. That way I have more space. I could also just lower the text size, it's pretty huge currently. I'll play with it

Animalsfan5698 I'll be honest, this is my first time releasing anything Ren'Py so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot. I didn't think it mattered what version you had, but this is based off of a slightly older version of renpy (7.3.5) since updating caused some major bugs that RenpyTom was looking into last I heard. Maybe try downloading from another source to see if the first download was corrupted somehow? If you can send a screenshot or the error log I can look into it and ask around as well. Are you on Windows, and if so what edition?

GetInthengitout69 Yeah, conveying information is a huge struggle, the system is pretty complex. The first time you have a choice of chaining/resting it gives a short description, but I can rework the default description to be a bit more explicit - currently you get about a 10% hp/mana heal if you rest, or a 10% boost to xp if you press on. The numbers will need balancing, but the idea is to reward aggressive play while leaving an easier option.

The Character screen (rightclick->character) has descriptions of most mechanics if you mouse over the stat names, but I was actually planning on doing a proper help menu that goes into detail on a lot of the mechanics, that will probably be a gradual work in progress. The levelup menu at the end of the demo has descriptions of most buttons as well!

Threat is how likely you are to be targeted, it's a relative stat (your threat vs your ally's threat) rather than absolute. Lower threat is good if you're squishy and have a tough partner, higher threat is good if you're tanky and have a squishy partner, if you're both tanky it doesn't matter.

Encyclopedia is a... really good idea too, honestly. With how much fun I've had making a shitload of lore, having it only show up in random one-off conversations seems like a waste. I'll add that to my roadmap and work on it in chunks alongside larger releases!

Thank you for the feedback on the H-scenes and elsewise as well! Humor is a tough balancing act, it's definitely part of the game's DNA but I feel the demo might be a little back-and-forth on how serious, horrific, and humorous it is. I'll try and keep that in mind for future stuff to avoid ruining serious moments at minimum.

Last edited:
Reactions: DecayingGod
Sep 20, 2019
I am using Windows 10 at the moment and the Full Traceback and While running the game since mention the error that appears when i try to run the game for the first time, so i probably not using that version of renpy on my pc yet, but i can wait until the version of that game get's high enough to where one of the future updates might fix this problem for me

I will give Google Drive or one of the other download links a try and see if any of them works, if they do, then it seem to be a problem for Nopy's version, if not, then it might affect all of them or it might be my pc having problems with it

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Hmm. I'm running the game in Windows 10 so that shouldn't be an issue. Only thing I can think of is maybe try a very simple file path (like, C:\DivineDawn-0.1-pc) to see if any of the spaces or periods in your folder path are causing the issue?

I'll ask around and see if anyone in the renpy help discord has ideas, maybe there's something I can improve.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Seems pretty good, I like the writing(excusing spelling/grammar mistakes like sitting on stares instead of stairs). I hope you get character art soon!

Lord Atomsk

Mar 21, 2018
Really good looking start already. The combat system looks like it'll shape up to be fun and so far the world seems really interesting, it feels like you put a lot of thought into it and that you already have ideas on where to go. Also always a fan of stats having effects on events and not just battles. I'm definitely going to be watching this, seems like a step up from the usual low effort Ren'py stuff that usually ends up here.

Oh, also,
Ashley best.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Seems pretty good, I like the writing(excusing spelling/grammar mistakes like sitting on stares instead of stairs). I hope you get character art soon!
Actually, the player character has the special ability to stand on people's gazes, it's all part of the lore! thanks for catching that, fixed

Really good looking start already. The combat system looks like it'll shape up to be fun and so far the world seems really interesting, it feels like you put a lot of thought into it and that you already have ideas on where to go. Also always a fan of stats having effects on events and not just battles. I'm definitely going to be watching this, seems like a step up from the usual low effort Ren'py stuff that usually ends up here.

Oh, also,
Ashley best.
Oh, there's a shitload of plot and setting setup that I'd love to go into, if anything I'm worried about infodumping people too much lol. I love developing settings. I'm really glad to hear you dug it overall, it has been a lot of work but I'm very much looking forward to doing more.

Reactions: HenchM

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Looks and sound fun, hope to see a mac release (I know I can play with the ren'py sdk).

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Looks and sound fun, hope to see a mac release (I know I can play with the ren'py sdk).
I have ABSOLUTELY no idea if this will run, can't test on mac, but if you wanna be my guinea pig I built a mac distribution:

Reactions: juanito

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
I have ABSOLUTELY no idea if this will run, can't test on mac, but if you wanna be my guinea pig I built a mac distribution: Google Drive
It wasn't opening. Line 19 on startupFunction.rpy was throwing an error and wasn't finding the directory. I feel some shame because I'm not good at this and I'm sure there's a better way, but I got it to work with this:
Python:
    if "game" not in os.getcwd():
        os.chdir(os.path.dirname(__file__))
        os.chdir("../game")
First it changes the current directory to …etc…/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/
Then it changes the directory to the game directory, up (.. that-is autorun) and down (/game).
I have no idea why os.path.dirname(__file__) is behaving like that since, as far as I can tell, it has nothing to to with the autorun/renpy/ directory but is inside the autorun/game/dawcode/ one and os.path.dirname(__file__) should give the parent of the given (___file___) path… or something like that, I don't really know ren'py, or python, and I'm going to bed.

Also, it's been a long time since I last had cheerios.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 32 Votes