RPGM - Completed - Divinion - The Dark Lord Returns [v2.0.1] [Tjord]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Hybris9

v2.01
    The story manages to keep the player hooked, thanks to the many unpredictable twists and turns but an attentive player can catch some foreshadowing here and there.

The characters are quite well written. Even some of the ones that have little “screen time“ manage to be memorable and elicit emotions.

The writing is witty and enjoyable despise the many typos. There are plenty of moments the protagonist breaks the fourth wall; the game is full of references (Harry Potter, Serei no moribito, asoiaf, are just some of them) but it manages to use them well.

The sex scenes are few and far in between and I wouldn’t consider them the focus of the game. The art is also hit or miss.

Considering the cliff-hanger at the end of the game I sincerely hope for a continuation of the story… after all, a certain blue haired girl is still in need for a comeuppance.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

D3xter_

So finally I went through the second part and it's amazing, the game is better in all aspects than the first. I am very glad that the author returned and continued the story.

The story is interesting as before, the characters are catchy, the combat system has become more complex and challenging at the beginning, I also really liked the conversations when using field supplies, furnished in the form of dialogues in the camp.

In general, if you liked the first part, then you should like it too, but in order to avoid false expectations, you need to know the following:
    -As before, the main advantage of the game is an interesting story
    -The battles have become more difficult, and although I did not experience any particular problems during the whole game, with the exception of one battle, which largely depends on luck, and a couple of bosses on which I had to use potions. As for the rest, I did not use potions and almost did not craft anything, again, if for some reason there were problems with the battles, then use the save editor, although as I said the combat system is not that complicated.
    -Erotic scenes are made with high quality and look nice, but there are few of them, and the game does not have the ability to remove the text window on them, although usually games on such an engine have such a function.
    -Protagonist almost never engage in mind control and corruption
    -The second half of the game is linear
    -At a certain point in the game, 5,000 gold will be required, in general there is enough money to buy or craft something, but it is better to save, since there is no way to grind gold, and you will receive almost all the best equipment in the form of rewards and so on.
    -For a complete cure of the party, it is convenient to use field supplies
    -The personalities of the characters have changed a little in comparison with the first part, especially the main character, everyone remembers the end of the first part? ;)
    -Those who played the first part already know this, it is also mentioned at the beginning of the game, but just in case I will remove it from the spoiler
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.