DMCA Notice

Feb 13, 2021
So I recently received a Spectrum Pop-up on my computer saying a had a DMCA Notice and I was put on quarantine, however i freaked out and closed the tab too quickly. So I've been trying to figure out where I could have gotten DMCA'd from? I was wondering if it was possible i got a DMCA while downloading games from here? At the time i got the notice i had just downloaded a Cheat table for Monster Girls Club: Bifrost from , but i dont think that was it because, thats not copyrighted material at least i dont think.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
So I've been trying to figure out where I could have gotten DMCA'd from? [...] At the time i got the notice i had just downloaded a Cheat table for Monster Girls Club [...]
Spectrum act for musics and movies rights owners only. Therefore, it's clearly not your cheat table that is the cause of it.

This being said, you generally need to have failed really badly to receive a DMCA notice just because of some download. I mean, your IP address need to be caught, what mean that you downloaded from a honey pot, not from a real pirate source ; or you used P2P without cautions.

But in the same time, Spectrum seem to be the biggest US company for this kind of things (searching for DMCA quarantine in google give them as first link). This mean that there's probably a lot of scam schemes implying them.
Their talk about a reference number that you can enter in their portal, in order to know more about the DMCA you received. I easily see some guys faking notice and portal, just in order to stole your personal information. You're so freaked out by the notice, and by this "quarantine", that you blindly give all the information asked without thinking. You want to solve this issue as fast as possible, before you supposedly lost your access to internet, because it's clearly an error.
Therefore, they want your social security number ? You'll give them. They want your bank account number ? You'll give them. They want a picture of your wife naked ? Even this you'll give them. Anything as long as it solve this issue as fast as possible.
Well, when I say "you", I obviously talk about the people they target. Most of us would be suspicious, but if they persist to do those scam schemes since near to two decades now, it's because it works and make them earn a lot of money. There's a lot of people who just use internet to browse CNN, facebook and read their email, and that, because don't understand shit about all this, fall for those scams.

All this being said, I absolutely don't see why you would receive this notice in a tab of your browser, at least if it was a legit notice. I'm pretty sure that even in the USA, there's mandatory procedures for a notice to be legally valid ; procedures that do not include "randomly send the notice if the person happen to be browsing a particular website". What make me think that it's effectively just a scam and nothing more.
I can be wrong, but if I'm wrong, you'll receive the notice again, this time legally, therefore by email or postcard. If it's the case, just don't click on the link gave in the email. Copy/paste it in a text editor, or even in your browser by without validating. If it don't start by " " just don't care about it, it's a scam.
But seriously, "put in quarantine" ? It's too fucking ridiculous to be true.

Feb 13, 2021
Spectrum act for musics and movies rights owners only. Therefore, it's clearly not your cheat table that is the cause of it.

This being said, you generally need to have failed really badly to receive a DMCA notice just because of some download. I mean, your IP address need to be caught, what mean that you downloaded from a honey pot, not from a real pirate source ; or you used P2P without cautions.

But in the same time, Spectrum seem to be the biggest US company for this kind of things (searching for DMCA quarantine in google give them as first link). This mean that there's probably a lot of scam schemes implying them.
Their talk about a reference number that you can enter in their portal, in order to know more about the DMCA you received. I easily see some guys faking notice and portal, just in order to stole your personal information. You're so freaked out by the notice, and by this "quarantine", that you blindly give all the information asked without thinking. You want to solve this issue as fast as possible, before you supposedly lost your access to internet, because it's clearly an error.
Therefore, they want your social security number ? You'll give them. They want your bank account number ? You'll give them. They want a picture of your wife naked ? Even this you'll give them. Anything as long as it solve this issue as fast as possible.
Well, when I say "you", I obviously talk about the people they target. Most of us would be suspicious, but if they persist to do those scam schemes since near to two decades now, it's because it works and make them earn a lot of money. There's a lot of people who just use internet to browse CNN, facebook and read their email, and that, because don't understand shit about all this, fall for those scams.

All this being said, I absolutely don't see why you would receive this notice in a tab of your browser, at least if it was a legit notice. I'm pretty sure that even in the USA, there's mandatory procedures for a notice to be legally valid ; procedures that do not include "randomly send the notice if the person happen to be browsing a particular website". What make me think that it's effectively just a scam and nothing more.
I can be wrong, but if I'm wrong, you'll receive the notice again, this time legally, therefore by email or postcard. If it's the case, just don't click on the link gave in the email. Copy/paste it in a text editor, or even in your browser by without validating. If it don't start by " " just don't care about it, it's a scam.
But seriously, "put in quarantine" ? It's too fucking ridiculous to be true.
Alright well i am really hoping it was a scam, but i figured out my computer was seeding a sims 3 torrent that i had downloaded a while back and i had no idea, i thought i stopped it, it was really a stupid mistake. But yeah i cant find anything about a browser popup from spectrum but im afraid to call them and ask them about it just in case they decided to start looking. I just wanted to make sure that im still safe to download from this site

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
they send it by email/phone/mail/police and they won't send it through your browser it's properly scam popup just like the ones that say that your computer is infected by a virus you have to call microsoft centre at 1-888-***-****

Feb 13, 2021
they send it by email/phone/mail/police and they won't send it through your browser it's properly scam popup just like the ones that say that your computer is infected by a virus you have to call microsoft centre at 1-888-***-****
It turned out to be a legit thing, i called spectrum it was a minor copyright thing that put are system on a small quarantine. But for some reason the company who submitted the copyright didn't identify themselves to spectrum so spectrum decided to lift it for us. But thank you for your reply!