Do people make money posting other people's games on svscomics, etc?

Blayneployd

Aug 4, 2017
I'm working on my own html game and I would like to release it soon.
I just have questions hopefully other creators or players would know.

Are people making money posting other people's games on websites like svscomics and litosh, or are the creators themselves posting it?
When I publish my twine file, I can open the html file with notepad++ and read the game, is there way to scramble or encrypt this?

I'll ask more questions as they come up.

Thanks.

Karakas

Jun 21, 2017
If you use php, you can use Zend or similar software for encript you pages, but i don't know if there is a software like that for html

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Are people making money posting other people's games on websites like svscomics and litosh, or are the creators themselves posting it?
Pretty sure they are pirates. I don't know about other platforms, though: for instance some devs host their games for free on , maybe they are also getting paid per click.
When I publish my twine file, I can open the html file with notepad++ and read the game, is there way to scramble or encrypt this?
Google "obfuscate twine code" or something like that.
A solution I can think of? Bundle your game with a web browser and release it as a web app. I know you can do it with , for instance.
Pro: players do not need a browser, they just have to launch the executable
Cons: some people do not trust EXEs; antiviruses can block your game (false positive); you must build a different release for each OS you want to support; the filesize is much bigger (~ 50 MB).