Ren'Py Do people really like 3D renpy games?

Do you like 3D Ren'Py games?

• Yes

• Hell no

• I'm not picky

• There isn't much choice

Results are only viewable after voting.

dragonaz

Sep 2, 2017
I don't like RenPy 3D style at all and find it kinda creepy.
But there're tons of them out there, some of them even got a decent rating.
Are they that popular?

Reactions: elmekia

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Use latest updates to show you all the Ren'Py games sorted by the weighted game rating, like this. They are popular.

I think you need a kind of gate way game if your not in to the look, and maybe want to try one. I avoided Daz3D games at first, but seeing screenshots of The Deluca Family and Long Live the Princess made me want to...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
They are incredibly popular.

Some of them earn thousands a month.

It's pretty much the only alternative for those that can't draw or afford the ridiculously high prices a lot of artists charge, plus a lot of people don't like drawn stuff.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I think you need a kind of gate way game if your not in to the look, and maybe want to try one. I avoided Daz3D games at first, but seeing screenshots of The Deluca Family and Long Live the Princess made me want to...
Yeah, the problem is neither Daz3D nor Ren'py, but the devs who don't have the time/knowledge/desire to do more than average renders ; and it's worse when for those who don't even care about the quality of their renders.

It's the exact same problem than with all media. There's movies that have high quality images, for which you clearly see that the movie director past hours thinking where the camera should be put, what should be the angle and lighting. And there's those where the camera was clearly randomly placed.
And there's 3D Ren'py games where the author past hours working on each CG, and those where tons of CG where rendered in a single hour.