Do you know what NTR means?

Do you know what NTR means?

• Yes, I am Japanese

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Yes, I speak Japanese fluently

• Yes, I played / read a lot of hentai (translated)

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Yes, I have been a member of F95Zone for too long

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Yes, I read the site's tag rules

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Vaguely

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • NOOOO! (and I don't want to know either)

• Stupid question...

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Other, please post in thread

• Total voters

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Just curious....

Mainly because I have never heard of it before joining F95Zone, and because it seems to mean something different depending on who you ask.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
One person has read the tag rules apparently. I guess we have our expert.
it explains why I keep getting into these insane arguments with angry people who complain about content that's clearly tagged on the first page. apparently no one else reads the tags.

Reactions: Carpe Stultus

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
I had heard of it before but it wasn't until i started using this website that i found out how big/popular NTR is. It really is bizarre to me.

JoGio

Jun 19, 2018
it seems to mean something different depending on who you ask.
There's "netori" and "netorare" in eroge. Netori is where the protagonist steals someone else's SO, while netorare is where the protagonist has their SO stolen by an NPC.

On this site, NTR usually refers to netorare. Other sites make a distinction between the two which is probably a source of confusion for people coming here from other communities.

kharza

Jan 23, 2018
There's "netori" and "netorare" in eroge. Netori is where the protagonist steals someone else's SO, while netorare is where the protagonist has their SO stolen by an NPC.

On this site, NTR usually refers to netorare. Other sites make a distinction between the two which is probably a source of confusion for people coming here from other communities.

To me it actually feels like there are even three categories. You can be a male MC that steals others lovers/wives, it can be the opposite : male MC that has their wife stolen. And the third category is playing a female MC that cheats on their boyfriend. The problem is that on this site all of that is tagged as NTR, which makes it confusing and annoying as fuck.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
To me it actually feels like there are even three categories. You can be a male MC that steals others lovers/wives, it can be the opposite : male MC that has their wife stolen. And the third category is playing a female MC that cheats on their boyfriend. The problem is that on this site all of that is tagged as NTR, which makes it confusing and annoying as fuck.
Please avoid spreading misinformation, this website only uses NTR for as it was explained several times.

Cheating has its own tag, and netori tag is planned but not yet implemented.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Every single game is NTR, unless only 1 person downloads it.
I just imagined the MC of your game (what a daddy) saying those words, beer in hand and laughing his ass off while everyone runs in terror :ROFLMAO:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Vinyard

kharza

Jan 23, 2018
Please avoid spreading misinformation, this website only uses NTR for as it was explained several times.

Cheating has its own tag, and netori tag is planned but not yet implemented.
Even if that is the intended way, a lot of games are tagged wrongly then. There are a lot of them with female MC that cheats on her husband where you only see the female perspective tagged as NTR. I wouldn´t be complaining if there really was a reliable way to tell them apart without playing the game.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
That is a good point. Perhaps NTR was created by the Russian intelligence community in a ploy to bring down the West? :unsure: