Do you like the Hidden Card/Magazine ( Hidden Renders ) concept in Sandbox type games?

Do you like the Hidden Card/Magazine ( Hidden Renders ) concept in Sandbox type games?

• Total voters

ByteHog Prime

Gunpowder Cocktail
Game Developer
Feb 12, 2022
Hi to all!

My question to you is, in Sandbox type games, do you like the concept of searching/finding the hidden renders? Do you find it fun or is it unnecessary and waste of time for you?

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Its a welcome addition when a game includes it. However, sometimes they make it close to impossible to find them. Or worse, completely random, with no indication on the screen at all where they are, and its just dumb luck when you find them. That's not fun.

But if they can be found by clicking on an obvious item on the screen, or a part of the room, or by completing a task with a character, then its great, and I like it.

Reactions: ByteHog Prime

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
Having the hidden object be super small, and/or change to fit in with the location, is super annoying because I have to check everywhere on the screen. But at least with a sandbox I can go back to locations to search for what I missed so I'm not completely against the practice. I absolutely loathe the practice in regular VN's though. Having them be permanently missable because they only show up during brief sections of dialogue is a horrible practice.