Do you like XXX-themed puzzles in action games?

Do you like XXX-puzzles?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No. I like puzzles, but XXX-themed puzzles are lame.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I hate puzzles in action games.

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
I don't really like standard ryona elements in action games . Cutscenes are fine, but in-gameplay sex is severely affecting my experience. Usually, the MC is a girl who is being raped. So, instead of focusing on gameplay, I am just trying to get hit by some monster to see the XXX-event. And if the game is hardcore enough, it is very frustrating.

But a lot of action-type games have some puzzle elements too. Regretfully, it is usually standard puzzles about searching for keys or moving boxes.
But what if we make those puzzles XXX-themed? Like searching (and trying on) for a dildo to open a door, as an example. Is not is better than ryona-scenes? In this case the XXX-scene is a reward for solving the puzzle, not for failing it. Also, the player is more or less prepared for the scene.
What do you think?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
What do you think?
That it's rarely done because it rarely make sense.

To keep your example, searching a dildo is not more "adult" because it's a dildo and not a key that we search. And anyway why a dildo would open a door ?
You need a story behind this, a key keeper that lost her dildo and will only lend the key in exchange of it. And to make sense you need to make this story explicit.
And obviously, the game can just limit to this. It would quickly become boring if all key keepers lost their dildo. So each puzzle need to have its own story. And all this is way more difficult to do that the basic, and implicit, "there's a door, search for its key".

Reactions: DuniX

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
So each puzzle need to have its own story. And all this is way more difficult to do that the basic, and implicit, "there's a door, search for its key".
I'll prefer 5 interesting puzzles in a game instead of 50 key-searching puzzles. If it is an action game, then 90% of time the player is running/jumping/fighting.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Searching for items is not really a "puzzle", they are a way to make sure the player does not skip content.

And in fact many games put those key items behind h scenes, for example "get the key from the dungeon master's treasury" then you have to actually explore the dungeon and might stumble upon several sex scenes along the way.

I hardly see games giving those fetch quests for no reason at all, usually when they tell you to fetch something it is about the journey and things you are going to find along the way, not the item itself.

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
That it's rarely done because it rarely make sense.
Why does it need to make sense? Maybe it's a magical dildo and we can leave it at that. If i had to give up all the games i like because they didn't make sense, i'd have nothing left to play. OP i'd say go for it. Some won't like it but as long as it's fun, people will play it.

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
I voted no due to my personal tastes buuuuuuut:
It's your game OP, you do what makes you happy with your creation.
If you add some into your project there will be people who are gonna complain about it.
No way to avoid that.
But if you really want it in there, don't let the whiners deter you.
After all it's your game so it's your choice. Just do what makes you happy.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Why would i want puzzles in an action game?
Don't be silly.
Heck i hate puzzles in all games, except maybe the really fun, creative ones. :whistle::coffee:

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
It's depends on your skill, I'm not really fond of any puzzles, even in regular games, because I just don't like them. But I would really like to see some interactive puzzles related to sex itself. For example, the character talking with you and reveal some information about himself/herself and then you engage in sex, you need to perform certain actions during sex scene that you learned during dialogue, which will loosen her/his guard, or help to receive a strong orgasm, so after that he/she give you something or help you in return. This actions maybe kinky words or touching exact erogenous zones, but player can only have limited number of actions. Heck, you can even add easy puzzle mode for dummies, so before the sex when this character talk, you will see colored keywords that will help you. Or make some standard puzzle but related to sex, like, I don't know, sex statues that you need to fuck, but you need to do it in correct order. I hope I gave you some food for thoughts, just think about how to make them not tedious, but related to eroticism.

Edit. Or make some sexual punishment for wrong actions during puzzle. After failing a certain number of times, the puzzle will resolve itself, and the MC declare himself/herself as dummy and continue the adventure.

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Why not XXX puzzles and mini-games in an actual puzzle and simple game?

Why Action Games?

Actions Games are about beating the crap of enemies.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
It really depends on the setting of the game, the sexual content you want to feature and how it interacts with the "action" gameplay. I personally don't "get" ryona platformers and think they're terribly designed in rewarding you for failure, but the genre seems to be popular enough to clearly be desirable for a decent number of other people.

If you can work it into the worldbuilding e.g. a succubus who gains different powers from sex like an 18+ Kirby parody then sure, but some silly fetch quest like the lost dildo doesn't even make sense to be rewarding you with sex unless everyone's a perma horny exhibitionist or the world runs on clown logic like Framboise games. For the start if they key keeper is willing to fuck you why do you need the dildo in the first place?