Do you play games as a new update comes out?

Do you play games as a new update comes out?

• Total voters

nln0

Sep 4, 2017
Lately I have been looking that games that I like and seeing a new update I decided to wait for bug fixes and even another big update or two before going back to the game.

Idk if am alone on this or not.

MrStark

Jun 22, 2018
Lately I have been looking that games that I like and seeing a new update I decided to wait for bug fixes and even another big update or two before going back to the game.

That is what i have been doing, I will wait a few days to see if a bugfix update will come out. Once i am sure the last iteration of the latest version is out then i'll play it. No point in starting a game just to have c d e ext. come out afters and have to DL again

Reactions: nln0

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017

Depends on the game. I love Long Live the Princess, but it's scope is too wide, so the updates are very incremental, as a result I play them every 2 or 3 releases.

Other games, though, like Sisterly Lust, I usually play each update. There's usually at least 2 full fledged sex scenes and a good amount of minor scenes to keep each release working. I think this most recent one had 4 full sex scenes, one great cunnilingus scene, and a masturbation scene.

I usually play any game made in Honey Select every release. The devs have an easier time of developing art, giving more content per update.

From then on it's on a case by case basis. F.I.L.F. is more of an every other update game, Milfy City is generally enough content each update, and there are some games that I've decided to wait till completion to continue.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
There's only a small handful of games I keep up with and I tend to skip a few releases between replays and usually wait a week or two after the latest release to see if any bug fixes get pushed out. Though I generally don't do a whole lot of gaming. At least when it comes to adult games; it's rare that a day goes by without me playing at least a few minutes of any of a number of logic puzzle games ( , games from , and a bunch of other random stuff in my Steam library). I think on average I've only been playing maybe 1-3 adult games a month lately.

VNON

Sep 25, 2016
not worth it, if its just some minutes gameplay
but if it was update with huge content i will download it :d

well if i can wait until its finished, maybe i won't download it, because i don't like it :D

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
Yeah, I agree it would come down to how much is added in each update. Who loves looking at the update notes and it's all just fixes and no new content? I really wish I could only play finished games, but at the rate games get finished around here that's not really an option. I can go long stretches before I even think about a game to see if it's been updated.

ilyo

Sep 6, 2018
I wait for more updates now because I got very let down by the length of most when I started to look for this kind of game.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
In most of the games I follow closely, I play as soon as a new update is up. Specially with the Ren'Py ones for sure, and most Unity ones as well.
As for RPGM, it depends on how well the UI is.. AKA, if it has a quest menu or journal that gives me info where to go, then I know when and where I am, since the saves themselves don't have any screenshots, or info (even tho some games have some, it's not always the case). It helps that some of the ones I follow, the devs provide saves, so that's awesome!

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Yes but only on those that i love most like Ecchi sensei, where the heart is or acting lessons

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
depends on the changelog from the previous update, minor bug fixes and text changes wont let me update but a reasonable amount of changes such as multiple new plots etc which can last atleast 2 hours of gameplay will likely see me updating

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
depends on the changelog from the previous update, minor bug fixes and text changes wont let me update but a reasonable amount of changes such as multiple new plots etc which can last atleast 2 hours of gameplay will likely see me updating
2 years later...

:KEK: :KEK:

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
It really depends on the game. Sometimes, there isn't enough content to make it worth it. But other times, even if its just a small amount, its so hot that I can't wait.

Any game with a big update, I generally play asap.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
It depends on what kind of update it is. If it's like a whole chapter, I usually play as soon as I have time.
If it's an update that brings only a few new scenes in a "free-roaming" game, I'll usually skip a few updates.