Do you play to lose?

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
When you find a game along the lines of say "Melody" or "The Babysitter", where the ultimate goal is to win over one girl, do you play to lose on your first playthrough? I.E. Go through once, just seducing everyone you can first, despite how it turns out with the primary goal of the game? And then go back to play correctly?

Just something I was wondering.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
From a male POV, fucking as many as possible and spreading your seed isn't "losing". It's what nature programmed men to do.
Well sure, there's the whole 'winning at life' aspect to this, but my question was aimed at more the point of the game, not personal idiosyncracies.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I 'test' the game with first few choices, and if it lets me shove a cock in mom's holes or something comparable I delete it. if I get punished in a logical way I start a new game and play 'right'.

oh, but I do go for a harem with all plausible choices too. meaning I do chase all (interesting) girls and hope it won't burn me later. but if the setup looks clear that it'll hurt my chances with the top prize I won't. I guess in this contex it's not really playing to lose but playing for risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mimir's Lab

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
It depends. If I like the game then I will play to win. If I dislike it, I will lose just to watch the world burn, right before deleting it of course.

Reactions: instatount

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
On my first playthrough (without walkthrou or other help) generally nothing happens. I'm too 'nice' and boring. :)

True story!

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
I'll do whatever I want for the first playthrough then go back and try other things for completion.

So to answer your question, I usually tend to play "properly" first then go wild on the second time around. But a game that gave you the choice wasn't designed with a single "proper" way to play in the first place.