Does anyone download non green torrents from sukebei.nyaa.si?

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
For the longest time I've only been downloading green torrents since those were the ones I trusted but I found who has tons of stuff torrented but none of it is green or uploaded by anyone else. I really want to download it but I don't know how safe it is. I have since downloaded 3 of the zip files from that user and scanned it with an anti virus called Kapersky, but I don't know if that means it's safe or if I should be cautious and avoid all non zip torrents.

Does anyone else here download non-green(trusted) torrents on the site?

Should I always play it safe by only downloading zipped folders and scanning them before hand?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
zoneitorboneit
I have downloaded stuff of his - and never had any "issues"
(Best to be safe and scan and read comments - if unsure - as with any file torrent or other file for that matter)

But the only poster I "completely" trust is superelmo - as he has been around for many, many years and is very well respected, and for good reasons!;)

" Should I always play it safe by only downloading zipped folders and scanning them before hand? "
Actually "loose" files are the preferred torrent "protocol - zipped torrents generally makes me .....a bit more cautious.

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
zoneitorboneit

" Should I always play it safe by only downloading zipped folders and scanning them before hand? "

Actually "loose" files are the preferred torrent "protocol - zipped torrents generally makes me .....a bit more cautious.
Thanks for your answer but can you explain this to me? That concept completely flips my view on protection.
I usually prefer zipped files because of course they're smaller but you could argue that if the zip is only 200mb and turns out to be 500mb after, then there would have been suspicious.

But in any case, if you're downloading anything that is loose, anything harmful would've entered the pc and wreak havoc, no? With a zip, there is at least that level of protection if I'm not mistaken.

As for users, I never hear of superelmo but I'll check them out, I've never seen them in games. But in that section, I only trust girlcelly and newdragon. Where as with 2DGF/Mikocon there have been issues pointed out in the comments and another trusted uploader often accusing 2dgf/mikocon for stealing their stuff.