Does anyone else like the mean girl / tsundere?

Apr 18, 2021
How many of you out there like the mean girl trope, aka Tsundere, and of course eventual taming of these characters? Who are your favorites and why?

Similarly, do you like bratty sub characters the same way or feel that is a completely different ideal?

Personally they are some of my favorite as long as there is some moral degradation and eventual breaking of these characters.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
I dont think theyre exactly mean but definitely grounded in their values (i.e a nun who would NEVER EVER have sex, til she meets MC) and so when someone tries to flirt or coerce they will be hostile, but they soon turn when they realise how good it makes them feel

thenilegator

Jun 30, 2021
I would love to watch a tsundere through a screen, their bashful and often hidden shyness is very entertaining and cute especially when the facade drops and she lets her true feelings out. So Yeah tsundere characters are pretty cool, just in media though. However, my favorite characters are the mature and cute but dependable types, kind of like Pyhrra from RWBY or Jessie from FF7, I have no idea what the name for that is though.

Oct 26, 2017
I can't deny I love all kinds of emotionally troubled girls. Tsundere is no exception.
T-that doesn't mean I like it though, don't get me wrong!

Jokes aside, let's answer those questions...
1. Favorite: Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière. Why? I have no fucking clue.
2. Yes. I like dominating brats though, especially female brats dominating submissive, older women. Even more so if it ends up being consensual.

Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
I can't stand 99% of tsunderes, especially the violent ones (e.g. Taiga from ToraDora, Misaka from Index), but a couple I do like are Yui from To Love Ru, Sagiri from Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san, and Celeste from Sylphine.

Apr 26, 2018
asuka_langley.png

Honestly, I think Asuka's meanness/violence is still tolerable. Not ultra violent.

Another notable Tsundere girl is Tohsaka Rin. Although in the mini spin off cooking show anime, Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan (Today's Menu for Emiya's Family) she's less Tsundere.

tohsaka_rin.jpg

dere_types.jpeg
Source:

Oct 26, 2017
Rin's just mad because she wanted Artoria and ended up with Timewarp Shirou while Shirou gets Best Britain Queen.
I'd be mad too. :sneaky:

Can't say I see dandere (or kuudere) types all that often, yet emotionless also works pretty well here. Though what works best, as a crazy psycho lesbian myself, is yandere, but that's closer to full blown lunatic than "don't touch my girl, bitch".