Does Daz Camera Movement Have Any Use in a Mostly Static Ren'Py Based Game?

The M.O.

Nov 27, 2020
I've been thinking about incorporating some camera movement in my stories for Ren'Py using Daz. I know some people incorporate animation and camera movement in some rare Ren'Py titles. For something that is to have static Daz renders as a primary. (I would however incorporate animation with camera movement if I brought it in) . What types of camera movement would you use, perhaps have seen used, to good effect in a Ren'Py based game?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I use for all my prototypes, out of convinience. As I can't code for shit, I don't know if it's good or bad (get in there anne O'nymous), but it's efficient tho (iirc ctrl+p ingame > copy/pasta camera move). Then I just render for the camera 'effect' I want to make. It also manage layers well.

Yes I know you can do it full vanilla but that's not the point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baka_Energy_studios

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
As I can't code for shit, I don't know if it's good or bad (get in there anne O'nymous),
Only took a quick glance, and globally it seem good.
Sometimes it can probably be simplified a little, but it don't do real harm if it isn't.

The only thing I find to say regard the "parse" function. You shouldn't use eval in them, letting the "execute" function do this step, since the "parse" one is supposed to limit to (suspense) the parsing. So, in "parse", you split the text in significant parts, and it's only in "execute" that you proceed them into something that will be usable.
But in the end, it's more a convention than anything else. Following it help to separate the process, but not following it generally don't disturb the said process.