Does default resources for Daz 4.21+ work with Daz studio 4.16? (Is the default resources backwards compatible)

Redhunter357

Mar 29, 2019
I had to format my PC and start setting up Daz Studio from scratch. I found a malware-free version of Daz Studio 4.16 here. However, it looks like I'm going to have to download the default resources for Daz Studio once again. What seems to be the problem now? Well, Daz install manager doesn't have default resources for Daz 4.15+ or 4.16+ anymore. It only provides default resources for DAZ 4.21+. So will it work with my choice of Daz version 4.16?

Thank you very much for any assistance.

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
I had to format my PC and start setting up Daz studio from the scratch. I found a malware free Daz studio version 4.16 in here. However it looks like I'm gonna have to download default resources for Daz studio once again. What seems to be the problem now? Well, Daz install manager don't have default resources for daz 4.15+ or 4.16+ anymore. it only has default resources for daz 4.21+. So will it work with my choice of daz version 4.16?

Thank you very much for any assistance.
i am not 100% sure but ha do set up a new system myself a few days ago and installed v4.22 and the new resources from the install manager (for the ghoslight iray fix) but still had v 4.15 on an older hdd and found no problems so far but made only a few test renders (testing scenes with old ghostlights and oot hair which were bugged in 4.22)

ther may be some missing parts for older versions didnt test too much so far but i thing as long as you still have your old asset dirctory and you can still link it with the newer verions. (backuped all install manager manifests too so even the new install manager recognizes all old installations just had to fix the paths)

Reactions: Redhunter357