Does F95 need more Like reactions to add to the usual set?

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
Well, the only thing I am missing is a "thank you" emote. Been using the "Like" for it but I feel there isn't 100% overlapping
I agree there. Like seems appropriate when you agree with something as opposed to simply liking what you see when using the reaction.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I do think it's interesting that new reactions are being implemented, yet there is a daily reaction limit. That seems to be a contradiction to me. In theory, more reaction options = more posts that could fall under a reaction = people use more reactions = more likely to hit the limit.

Reactions: ForgottenMan1

M$hot

May 28, 2017
Pretty sure people use them for how they look anyway. If someone was looking for a game and I found the solution for them, I'd use the celebratory emote that's called 'Yay, new update!' when they told me. So I think you already have to read into the meaning a bit. I use 'like' as thanks/I agree, the heart for 'Thanks so much, that was super helpful/awesome' and 'Yay, new Update!' to mean 'woot/yay/I'm glad to hear it.'

If an emote truly doesn't cover the meaning I think you're supposed to write a message/send a DM? I don't know, each emote has their own meaning to each person. Surely there's a bunch of overlap, but I always take any emote I get as 'I appreciate that'.

kytee

Dec 17, 2018
Need more Pepe emojis. That out of the way, it should be like Discord where it shows emojis along with the number of times each specific emoji was pressed, instead of currently where it's:

(y):LOL::mad: Person and 23 others.

Could be 21 upvotes, 1 laughing emoji, and 1 angry emoji, or it could be 21 angry emojis, etc. Only way you know is if you click on it.

Reactions: ForgottenMan1

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Well, the only thing I am missing is a "thank you" emote. Been using the "Like" for it but I feel there isn't 100% overlapping
I agree, but what would it look like? The only extant emoji that literally conveys thanks is the , but that's kind of specific to Japanese or east Asian cultures.

Thumbs up or heart seem to be the most common choices.

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
I agree, but what would it look like? The only extant emoji that literally conveys thanks is the , but that's kind of specific to Japanese or east Asian cultures.

Thumbs up or heart seem to be the most common choices.
perhaps if someone could make it, a simple TY!<3 would do

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Reactions are a quick and painless way for people to "get it off their chest"

A lot of the negative posts, arguments, and bullshit around here could be avoided, if there were a simple "dislike" button.

Then when someone had a bug up their ass, they could simply click "dislike" and move on with their life.

The notion that not having negative reactions will avoid conflict, is misguided.
Without that simple meaningless dislike button, the member is forced to make a negative post, or reply, rather than simply clicking a meaningless dislike button.

"dislikes" don't need to be publicly displayed, nor do they need to impact the likes total of the user, they can be totally private between members... it's not about slut shaming, and or public humiliation... it's about feedback. It's important information, to know when something is liked, or disliked, the latter being of more importance.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I miss these two:

white-up-pointing-index_261d.png an index pointing up, something stronger than "I like it"

F.png an "F" to pay respects when I game is abandoned like this one, that was shared already dead

Deleted member 3894159

Jul 6, 2021
Can someone please tell me how to give reaction ?
Because some reason it's not working for me or maybe I dunno the process.
Would somebody please help this guy out.

Last edited: