Does report do anything?

• Thread starter Deleted member 44741
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 44741

I've been on this forum for a while now and I've noticed a few things;

When someone gives suggestions or critique for a game; "Blasphemy! How dare you say anything bad about this game. This game is perfect. You're wrong and retarded!"
When someone gives an opinion: "That's the dumbest thing I've read in my life. Get out of this thread you weirdo." and then his next comment is: "Having a discussion is fine with me."

I mean, does this still apply? "F95zone is an adult community where you can find tons of great adult games and comics, make new friends, participate in active discussions and more!"
(And yes, I know this is the internet, but still.)

I've seen at least 30 cases where things went a bit out of control. Flamewars and the like. I click on "report", but I don't know if that does anything.
Sometimes I see a moderator step in, telling people to calm down. But I don't know if that was because of me, other people, or if the moderator just happened to look at the page.
In Steam you get a notification if a moderator did something with your report. It doesn't say what, but at least you know if something happened.

Can someone explain a bit more how things work around here? Thanks.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
When you click report, a mod will see it and investigate if any rules were violated. They may determine that no rules have been broken, or maybe they did remove the messages and you didn't notice. The few times I have reported someone for breaking the rules, I didn't get notified either, but I noticed that their comments were removed (along with my own responses to said comments, which is fine by me, as it removes un-needed clutter).

I do agree however, that it would be nice with a simple feedback message like: "Your report has been resolved with 4 comments being removed" or "Your report has been resolved with a warning to 1 or more users" or something like that.

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
Reports are seen by Staff, Moderators and possibly by Uploaders. Rest assured your report will be seen. Sometimes you might get a notification message that your issue has been resolved or something like that. But that is entirely up to the moderator/uploader if he/she decides to notify you. This is what I understand anyways.

If something goes out of control and if it's reported, moderators will intervene if they feel any rule has been broken.

Report broken links and download links as well. :)

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Sneak some blatantly underage content into a random unrelated thread and see just how well that report button works when it is truly needed ;)

And as you return here with your brand new alt-account to rage about what a bullshit test that was, realise many people know how to circumvent bans anyway.

I'd rather see the mods spend their time actually moderating than write pointless e-peen-stroking feedback for the few people who can't check back after a week and see whether the reported comment is still up.

D

Deleted member 44741

Let's just say I've seen a few times where people gang up on someone, just because he suggested a change. Sometimes it happened to me, and sometimes on others.

It's a bit annoying, and to check weekly if the message are still there isn't a pleasant thing to do. Especially if you don't know if a moderator have looked at it or not.

Thanks for the replies.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Let's just say I've seen a few times where people gang up on someone, just because he suggested a change. Sometimes it happened to me, and sometimes on others.
Yeah, I've seen that from a certain group on here one disagrees and others fall into line with that way of thinking it's not nice and can be pretty much seen as a form of bullying.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Report really just means a moderator will look at whatever you reported. The only time I have used it so far was to report a post that I created myself so the mods could tweak it so I could edit my mod post repeatedly. I would assume the response you get for reporting others would depend on the merits. So reporting someone for no reason would do nothing other than annoy the mods.

Chikimaro

We love to see you Smile....
Donor
Feb 2, 2018
I only use report to send some new games updates, then the game get updated after 4 - 5 hours, that means it work, if you send dead links or the game got already updated you get a notification comment form the moderator/staff/uploader.