DokiDoki and its Horror tag

Lynn

May 21, 2017
Hey there, so if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the "Doki Doki Literature Club" game on Steam, which is free and has in its tags both "Psychological Horror" and "Gore" in it. However the game seems extremely vanilla, with cute poems and cupcakes and perhaps one topless scene before reaching the "The End" background.

The thing is, I think the game got "nekopara'd" a little, it seems to be very popular and well-known outside the NSFW gaming bubble, so I'm just wondering if these tags hold any truth or if it's just memeing (I should also mention that one of the tags is "memes", so it is very confusing). I can't find anything with Google, and the other threads regarding this matter also have this severe "could maybe be trolling you" tone.
So, can anyone seriously say if those tags are legit or not, without spoiling the game? I don't want to play the entire game and getting to the end without a little blood y'know. :FeelsBadMan:
Thanks!

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
It's properly serious. Those tags are very relevant. (Perhaps not memes, but you get my point.) There is more in the game after the first "The End" screen. I don't want to spoil anything, but continue playing the game. Seriously, no joking here. The game is not over until you see the Credits.

P.S: Try not to spoil the game on yourself. It's rather good.

Reactions: jande21
T

TMWSTW

It's legit horror. There may be a way to avoid it but in my one playthrough things got absolutely fucked and NG+ was even more fucked up.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
It's legit horror. There may be a way to avoid it but in my one playthrough things got absolutely fucked and NG+ was even more fucked up.
It takes ~4 hours to complete, with 4 playthroughs. Keep playing until the credits pop up..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
It's not really a spoiler since these two words doesn't say much at all (and don't try to go and search, unless you want to ruin the game for yourself with spoilers) but..

Just Monika.

And I'm out.