VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Doll House [v0.02] [46n2]

1. 3.00 star(s)

dbp5ca

The graphics are very good. Attractive women and posing and lighting fits well. What really lowers the score for me is the inability to address text speed. There is a discussion by the dev and others in the thread and I sortof understand why he did it. Unfortunately, it is so annoying that I just skipped the dialogue and looked at the pictures.
    It is fine to want to induce an otherworldliness in your game but be mindful of the platform. Removing things from Renpy that are intended to allow for the player to enjoy the experience is a really bad move. The halting manner of the speech in the game is, quite simply, frustrating and distracting. I spent more time trying to finish a conversation that paying attention to what was actually said.
    Maybe if this gets fixed in the future it might be playable but in the current shape, it is annoying. Not really a feeling a dev should be trying to engender in his players.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

abinath

The game is very short at the time of writing this (v0.02) but has a very interesting concept. I love it how it just throw you in the deep end right off the bat. Looking forward to seeing more. Characters are familiar but oddly unique. Overall was a short and wacky but enjoyable experience