Daz Dome Scaling

Borg137

Oct 5, 2020
Hi noob question, I'm using "Ancient Egyptian Oasis Bundle (G8)", specifically " Oasis Dream ", using the provided cameras and render settings this is what I get:
Oasis.png
This instead is one of the promotional renders:
View attachment oasis-dream-10-daz3d.webp
I suppose there is some setting in "Environment" to fix this but I haven't been able to fid it, any help? Thanks in advance

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
The sky is way too low resolution compared to the promo picture. And after checking, it is not the one used in the promo, no way, the one distributed is 4096x2048, which is nowhere near the resolution needed for that promo image. And it is too bright, so it's not something you are doing wrong, the hdri (exr image) provided is not the one used in the promo. Unless they used it as a backdrop, I don't see how it can be used as an hdri and get that much detail.
Most hdri products come with resolutions up to 16kx16k because you can see a clear difference in the details.

This is my render, and even after trying to mess with it, there will not be any extra details added to the stars in the sky, not with 4096x2048 hdri. And not by using the product the way it's provided. You'd have to use a backdrop, like a flat plane behind the dunes, and put the sky on it, and make it face the camera.
render.png

I could be wrong, but I realy can't see how to achieve that much detail in the sky with an hdri of that resolution.

Now this next render is done with a backdrop.
render2.png

You can see the details are better on the stars, because it's a trick, this is how it's done:
how.jpg

A backdrop far back; but covering the entire camera view.
I didn't bother trying to make the backdrop brighter, or look exactly like the promo, (it is definitly possible) but imo, this is what was done for that promo image.

Last edited:

Borg137

Oct 5, 2020
Thanks for the replay, since the hdris provided for the daylight and sunset works very well I thought that maybe there was some setting to make the hdri repeat itself in a seamlessly and fake a higher resolution that way

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
I understand that for a sky it makes sense to repeat it, but for a landscape, like a beach, or park, it would not work, and they can also be hdris.

The daylight and sunset hdris work because not much details are needed, just the light info, but if you look at the clouds you'll notice the lack of details, like below:
render3.png

Now it's of course up to the user how much details they are happy with :) I actually agree that the daylight and sunset are pretty good. I will be using them hehe. I just wish the night one was more detailed.

If you want night sky hdris, grab this pack:
https://f95zone.to/threads/starry-sky-lights-and-hdris-for-iray.7994/
It's twice the resolution and multiple choices, from early evening, to late night, with and without moon, still not super detailed, but better.
Also this collection:
https://f95zone.to/threads/orestes-...hes-twilight-harvest-moon-fantasy-moon.20283/
The Orestes Starry Night is good. It has skies like below, no backdrop:
render4.png

Last edited: