smellyz44

Aug 9, 2020
You are pretending that Deka is a normal game dev.
He will use this as an excuse to do nothing with this project for years. Just wait and see.

Does Shakie also work on Maple Hills college? If yes I would not be suprised if Deka decides to abandon everything and create a new game again....
I think she was working on the other game too yes.
Maybe he could try to use AI to finish Domina. He may have this idea in 5 or 6 months and start "working" from there, but only after some long well-deserved summer vacations !

• Red Heart
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
everyone complains that its copy/paste art
deka says he cant get in touch with his artist
people freak out because they havent got more of the copy/paste art

• Angry
Reactions: smellyz44

Metalkick

Mar 22, 2020
everyone complains that its copy/paste art
deka says he cant get in touch with his artist
people freak out because they havent got more of the copy/paste art
Well, they wouldn't get that art either way since Deka always take one year for an update. :LUL:

PTG 2023

Jul 9, 2021
Dekarous:

Our Girl Is Back!
For those not active on Discord, it's very pleasant to inform you that Shakie is back with us and has rejoined the team. You may find her in our server and check out her future work streams if you're up for it.

That of course means that development is back in full force. We're still hiring a second hand mainly for map and environment design, just to get some weight off her. Our main goal right now is to get Domina 9.5 out as fast as possible.

Shakie's return has personally made me ecstatic. Things are good.

Metalkick

Mar 22, 2020
Looks like his attempt at sympathy/scapegoating out of the delay has failed. I assume Shakie has him by the balls and told him she'd publicly call him out on his bullshit or something if he didn't retract his statement? Kinda weird that we went from "Shakie is missing/gone. We need new artist. So sad" to immediately "Shakie is here. Everything is fine" :)

LexiTV

Jan 24, 2018
What a liar!!! UNBELIEVABLE! He was supposed to release 9.5 a few weeks ago and then came up with this Shakie is missing bullshit and now he is tellung us that he needs to hire an artist to work on the map & environment design??? SO HE DOES NOT EVEN HAVE THE DESIGN FOR THE MAP?? WTF ??
What is Deka even doing when he needs 2 artists? Is he just doing the writing? Honestly the writing is pretty mid and cringe... I refuse to believe that an RPG Maker game is code heavy and needs to be a genius to program the game...

Last edited:

blufalcon

Dec 14, 2018
I refuse to believe that an RPG Maker game is code heavy and needs to be a genius to program the game...
It can be very code heavy since he probably uses add-ons and custom scripts to get the game to work the way it does. It's definitely not just using vanilla engine material. I forgot what version of RPGMaker they use but depending on the version it might use Ruby or if its like MV or something it'll use something similar to Javascript.

I think the game sucks and the game creator is a bitch but people here seriously underestimate how hard it is to be a game developer.

smellyz44

Aug 9, 2020
Dekarous:

Our Girl Is Back!
For those not active on Discord, it's very pleasant to inform you that Shakie is back with us and has rejoined the team. You may find her in our server and check out her future work streams if you're up for it.

That of course means that development is back in full force. We're still hiring a second hand mainly for map and environment design, just to get some weight off her. Our main goal right now is to get Domina 9.5 out as fast as possible.

POGGERS, i almost forgot the next long-awaited release won't be a new level but 2 new images and 3 new lines per domina, i'm so excited, can't wait POGGERS !

Metalkick

Mar 22, 2020
" We're still hiring a second hand mainly for map and environment design, just to get some weight off her. "

Bruh, literally nothing that is map and environment design was made by Shakie. It's literally just borrowed assets. He really can't help himself but lie about everything, huh?

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
" We're still hiring a second hand mainly for map and environment design, just to get some weight off her. "

Bruh, literally nothing that is map and environment design was made by Shakie. It's literally just borrowed assets. He really can't help himself but lie about everything, huh?
Most of the game is built in RPGM, does he really think his fans are so stupid we're going to buy all these excuses for his delays? Even if it's true, he can still build the new Domina's realm without original assets and write the new script/dialogue all without original assets and art.

Sure, the new realm would be minimalist with no art of the new Domina, but that can come later once the artist is found, at least the foundation of the new realm would all be there. I'm sorry but his excuses really are just that.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
He’s likely talking about the end game "maze" that you go through 3-4 times while walking like a slug.
Oh THAT maze... Yeah that's pretty annoying. Speaking of which, has anyone figured out how to get out of the room full of MCs? Aka, Domina heaven lol
Dekarous:

Our Girl Is Back!

This is great news indeed! I am ecstatic to see we have IRL Best Girl back in the saddle! :)

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
When deka wantedto make a ToT inspired game no one told him to just copy the in-game parts of tot. Our boy thinks he needs to have constant delays and irl drama to make a good ToT style game :cry:

For real though, i played this game when there was only 1 or 2 dominas. Actually i think i played SCC before domina was out? memory is inconsistent. Either way, i really think that adding the personality system and the mental health system is the real negative turning point of the game, Dek has these "Wow, that sounds like a super cool and interesting idea in my head" ideas that most game devs would be able to tell you are impossible and almost make me wonder how much he knows about game devving.

Like don't get me wrong, domina can be pretty good at times, but he's always trying to implement stuff like this: .
And it's like Dude, you have a great foundation, pretty good writing skills, good art. Just buckle down, keep your game streamlined, don't go back and add in bloat, and you'll be golden. A bit agrivating.

Sorry for the rant/ramble, hope you're all doing well

Reactions: ItzSpc

tekkkie

May 27, 2019
Hello
I am very new to the game and I am trying to understand some basic mechanics.
So far I have lost to Katrina (the first boss) a few times. I am now killing her minions to get some levels before trying again.
How do I recover HP? The minions don't deal that much damage, but over time it adds up.
Before I thought just walking around gives health regen, but now I have been stuck on the same number for a long time of just running around. Is there something else I should be doing?

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
When deka wantedto make a ToT inspired game no one told him to just copy the in-game parts of tot. Our boy thinks he needs to have constant delays and irl drama to make a good ToT style game :cry:

For real though, i played this game when there was only 1 or 2 dominas. Actually i think i played SCC before domina was out? memory is inconsistent. Either way, i really think that adding the personality system and the mental health system is the real negative turning point of the game, Dek has these "Wow, that sounds like a super cool and interesting idea in my head" ideas that most game devs would be able to tell you are impossible and almost make me wonder how much he knows about game devving.

Like don't get me wrong, domina can be pretty good at times, but he's always trying to implement stuff like this: .
And it's like Dude, you have a great foundation, pretty good writing skills, good art. Just buckle down, keep your game streamlined, don't go back and add in bloat, and you'll be golden. A bit agrivating.

Agreed. The problem with the way he does it, is he adds all these mechanics mid game. It's alright to have an idea and want to try something new, but that's what V0.1's are for. There needs to be proof of concept before widespread implementation and development. The face he doesn't do that and instead shoehorns mechanics which deviate from the original premise of the game is why people are telling him he is only adding bloat and breaking the game. Stick to the foundations. Don't deviate off the path.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

Deka and Koda are a good example of the horseshoe principle, two people on opposite extremes having more in common than people closer to the middle. Deka tries to work too hard and ends up producing less. Koda on the otherhand milks his Patreons and ends up producing less. I agree that the personality system should not have been included. If anything, it should have been saved for Domina 2. Deka is definitely a newbie so it makes perfect sense that he wouldn't know as much as the devs such as ZionofOlympus or 62Studio.

Hello
I am very new to the game and I am trying to understand some basic mechanics.
So far I have lost to Katrina (the first boss) a few times. I am now killing her minions to get some levels before trying again.
How do I recover HP? The minions don't deal that much damage, but over time it adds up.
Before I thought just walking around gives health regen, but now I have been stuck on the same number for a long time of just running around. Is there something else I should be doing?
As mentioned already, you want to recharge at the Arcane fire (Blue flame in Katrina's main room). I suggest equipping the one of the swords you find in the left catacomb. You can also buy weapons from the Reaper if you have enough soul shards. When looking for enemies, I suggest only fighting the single enemy encounters (Use the "Run" option if you encounter 2 or more). Also, if you go into the main menu, you will find a skill tree. You can unlock new skills and stat boosts by spending soul shards/ those ticket looking things. There is a corruption menu as well. It can unlock some powerful boosts/ skills but your character icon will start to look more undead the further you progress the corruption tree.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Deka and Koda are a good example of the horseshoe principle, two people on opposite extremes having more in common than people closer to the middle. Deka tries to work too hard and ends up producing less. Koda on the otherhand milks his Patreons and ends up producing less. I agree that the personality system should not have been included. If anything, it should have been saved for Domina 2. Deka is definitely a newbie so it makes perfect sense that he wouldn't know as much as the devs such as ZionofOlympus or 62Studio.
I think you understood me correctly anyways so i probably don't need to, but just to be safe i want to elaborate that I don't think Deka is a bad game maker and some of his stuff is very good, and I (Like most of the people in this thread) Would prefer for Deka to keep improving and to be able to eventually consider him an amazing dev. Do i think it's likely that Maple college will be bogged down too much by the stuff he's talked about to be amazing right away and that the amount of straight up scenes/content that could have been made in place of those systems? Yes. But i think that by the time maple coast gets the amount of updates that domina currently has, it'll have a decent chance of being much better and more polished than domina currently is, as long as he takes feedback from fans and realizes how best to spend his time and keeps trying to improve.

I wish dekarous the best and have been following him for a long time, and i still believe that in the next few years he can succesfully end Domina in a good place, making it one of the best finished femdom games on the site, and that maple college will be in a promising state as well with a great amount of content

Reactions: Succubus Hunter
3.40 star(s) 52 Votes