VN Ren'Py Domino Beach (Mr Jet's new game) [Launch announcement : June 29 - 2024]

Do you like the game's title?

• Total voters

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Mr Jet, the dev of Become a Rock Star, is making a new game after he finished that one.

June 27:

The first episode of Domino Beach is almost ready, and I'm excited to share the release schedule with you:
June 29 - for $20 and $40 Patrons
July 2 - for $10 Patrons
July 5 - for $5 Patrons

June 12:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share some updates with you all.

I'm slowly but surely approaching the end of development for the first episode. I've got a little under 1,500 renders ready to go. All that's left is to finish one lewd scene and the animations for it, but other than that, the episode is fully playable and complete. I also need to finalize the main menu and tie up some loose ends with the game's interface. Then I'll spend a few days translating the text and polishing up the little details.

Right now, my plan is to release the game by July 15th. That gives me a whole month to wrap everything up, which I think is more than doable.

Looking at the episode I've put together, I'm really happy with how it's turned out. Although I'm constantly tempted to add, tweak, or improve things, I know that would only drag out the development process, so I'm trying my best to resist the urge. It's all about managing my time as efficiently as possible.

I do want to give you all a heads up that there won't be too many lewd scenes in the first episode. With my last game, I kind of jumped the gun with those scenes, which made some characters come across as a bit too easy. Plus, this is the first episode - the beginning - so it's more about introducing new characters, love interests, and the game's setting. That said, there are definitely some romantic relationships starting to blossom.

I also spent a bit of time working on the game's logo (you can check it out in the images). I made a few versions with different color schemes. I think it came out simple but pretty solid, especially considering my minimal experience in creating logos and icons. I'm pretty pleased with the result.

That's about it for now. I'll try to make a post soon introducing the main romance options. Thanks to everyone for your support!

MrJet

Last edited:

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019

News

Hey everyone! Sharing some updates with you all.

I'm almost done with the first episode. Recently, I finished working on the new interface and main menu. Nothing too fancy or groundbreaking, but it looks pretty decent. You can check it out in the images attached to this post. I've also wrapped up a lewd scene and am finishing up rendering the last animations. Overall, the episode turned out quite packed and does a great job as the "opener." In the coming days, I'll start working on the translation, proofreading, and all the subsequent details. For now, the tentative release date is set for July 6th. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet this deadline. Thanks for all your support!

MrJet

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019

"So, what's this game about? The main theme revolves around the beach, lifeguards, the sea, sun, and sand. Think of it as something akin to the old "Baywatch" series but with a younger, more contemporary vibe. The game will feature a lot of characters, and unlike BARS, I'm aiming to create more interactions among them. I want to establish a kind of ecosystem where they all intertwine and around which the story evolves.
This time around, I've tweaked the way I work on the game. Previously, I used to sketch out the plot and gradually start rendering while writing dialogues. Now, I'm writing the plot with dialogues from the get-go and only then moving on to the image rendering."

MrJet

lambdadw

Feb 17, 2018
episode_one.png

Domino Beach Episode 1 Release Dates

Hey everyone!
It's been a while since the last BARS update, and I've got to admit, I'm a bit nervous about announcing my new game. These days, the bar for adult visual novels keeps getting higher and higher. We're seeing awesome new games every week, and older games are constantly improving (especially their remakes). Looking at all this, I really don't want to drop the ball.
Will you like the new game? Did I make enough renders and animations? These questions and many more are swirling around in my head right now. But don't worry - I haven't been twiddling my thumbs all this time! I've been working hard to make sure the new game is something special.
The first episode of Domino Beach is almost ready, and I'm excited to share the release schedule with you:
July 2 - for $10 Patrons
July 5 - for $5 Patrons
Can't wait to hear what you think! Thanks for all your support, and get ready for some beach fun!

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
View attachment 3775792

Hey everyone!
It's been a while since the last BARS update, and I've got to admit, I'm a bit nervous about announcing my new game. These days, the bar for adult visual novels keeps getting higher and higher. We're seeing awesome new games every week, and older games are constantly improving (especially their remakes). Looking at all this, I really don't want to drop the ball.
Will you like the new game? Did I make enough renders and animations? These questions and many more are swirling around in my head right now. But don't worry - I haven't been twiddling my thumbs all this time! I've been working hard to make sure the new game is something special.
July 2 - for $10 Patrons
July 5 - for $5 Patrons
Can't wait to hear what you think! Thanks for all your support, and get ready for some beach fun!
so-excited.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: lambdadw

Ahrimy

Jul 30, 2020
View attachment 3775792

Hey everyone!
July 2 - for $10 Patrons
July 5 - for $5 Patrons
fxUK.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lambdadw