Ren'Py - Doors [v0.3.3 Part 2] [The Neuron Project]

1. 2.00 star(s)

dimsey87

I'm sorry but I don't think I even made it out of the intro.

The writing has a lot of 'I am 14 and this is deep' kinda energy. Don't get me wrong - I don't inherently mind some philosophic wankery, in fact I'm all for it.

But if you wanna get someone hooked on your story maybe you don't open by pontificating on the importance of frickin' doors of all things. Especially when your game is called Doors, which makes the whole thing extra intolerably on the nose.

In any event maybe if you can bring yourself to play more than I could, you might find a good game. I suppose I'll never know and that'll be my loss.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

sadfuck

Version Played: v. 0.3.3 part 2
    Time Played: 4 or 5 hours across both parts
    Gallery mode?: No (No mod either)

I'm sure that I must have passed this game by many times as I scrolled through the new game updates on the site, but what finally got me to check it out was probably a rec for somewhere that highlighted sharing games. While I can enjoy a good harem game here and there, I think that my biggest kink has to be sharing, and this game delivers it really well. I think it's worth noting that as my playthrough focused mainly only on those routes (when I could unlock them, more on that later). I'm also happy to report that the overall characterizations are really good and that includes fully fleshed out male characters as well!

Positives
    + Attractive LIs of all genders and several (though body types mainly focus on fit people with little to no aging present)
    + Tons of content types to gay, bi, trans and sharing (yay)
    + Story is engaging and interesting
    + Characterizations are on point

Neutral
    = Tons of variables and branches means it can be difficult to pin down and know what route you're on and thus get the scenes you want to see

Negative
    - Writing can be wordy past the point of engagement

To address the neutral point first, this is actually a negative for me since I like to know what routes I'm on and how to get certain scenes. Case in point, I could have sworn I was on a route to get a certain sharing scene, but when I got there, it said "route locked" so I restarted, choosing not to import my data, and managed to get it, taking me slightly out of the moment since I had to ffwd. To the dev's credit, the scene was totally worth it (fuckin' buckets, bro), but it was irritating that I had to jettison my old save data to get it. The reason this stays simply neutral is that I think some people enjoy puzzling out how to get scenes and I'm an impatient fapper, so my bug may be your feature. Note, I did use the mod and *still* had trouble getting the routes I wanted.

For the writing, it's generally good, but it definitely shows the writer isn't a native speaker and some conversations last long after the initial point is made (for example the conversation with Aiko). Furthermore a lot of the character dialog is very "quippy" and this is very YMMV; less would be a lot more in this case.

Warts aside, this game gets an easy 4 from me (more like a 4.5) simply because of how it treats sex and sexuality as something to be shared and explored. If any of the tags get your motor going, I can almost guarantee you'll find something or someone to cum to here.

Not to devs: Nothing to say but fantastic work! I'm really loving what you have here! To nitpick, it would be nice to have a gallery mode and somewhere that showed relationship values/routes you're on. It would be nice if at least a couple of the girls had some bush, but by and large, please keep doing what you're doing!
  3. 1.00 star(s)

VulgarXrated

Dude, there's two parts to this game already and almost no content. Not only that but the choice system at first seems great, but in the end just leads you into seeing no content at all, or very little unless you pick exactly the right path for w/e kink you're into. So it just ends up locking you out of more content than it allows you to potentially enjoy. Which I guess is great if you want to do numerous walkthroughs to see it all. But the writing and extremely rough character models is definitely not good enough for me to care.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

CellSunz

Though the sci-fi/fantasy elements help this game to stand out. I do find the more "normal" character interactions to be much more interesting. There are a few things that I wish were different in this game. I would love to give this game 5 stars because I did enjoy it and am really looking forward to new updates. But, I will go with a 4 because there are a bunch of things that could be done better. I am very glad that this game has a "bi-route". We all have our preferences and without this option I probably would have no interest in this game. So I just want to say that it is greatly appreciated. Some things that I think could be improved on are; grammar/text, gateway decision that opens the "bi-path", and character labels. I'm not sure if there is a patch that helps with that. One I haven't seen, I have already installed the EL patch and the walkthrough patch and the character labels still seem to change throughout the game. For example, a character being referred to as an adopted father, then friend, then I think flatmate? A bit off-putting and weird to me. There is also the issue with custom character names causing an error which I experienced in part 2. Quite a few spelling and grammatical errors throughout the game. I completely missed the "bi-route" during my first and maybe second playthrough. I only realized what choices I needed to make after viewing the guide. It's somewhat easy to miss in my opinion and I think there are other easier ways to introduce that path other than seeing a girl with a strapon. Also, to get to that point you would have had to make certain decisions that I don't believe even relate to or give the hint of the path that is hidden behind them. Like must accept shower blowjob, must say you are dating which was pretty uncertain at that point of the story, must decline plane blowjob, etc. Though I doubt this would or could change. I just thought that I would bring it up since this is a review. Even for those who would never be interested in seeing bi or gay content. I doubt access to that route being easier or more accessible would be bad for anyone. Since it is just a yes or no thing. Still, I did enjoy this game a great deal and have pretty much been able to overlook the negatives. Also, game looks great, music fits quite well and is really nice to have as games that have no audio feel a bit more lifeless. I am looking forward to future updates.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

laxlano

Amazing so far with a really interesting and unique story that I haven't seen done like this in other similar games. The different branching paths definitely have a lot more impact on the story than ninty percent of all other games on this site that try something along the same lines.

The renders are good but nothing special in Part 1, but once you get to Part 2 you see a noticable improvement. I would go as far as to say that they can hang with the best of any game. The family members are the highlights but the supporting characters get shown love too.

The sex scenes while limited in their animation are absolutely CARRIED by the writing and dialogue. Characters know exactly what to say at any given moment and the result is great.

The MC is not the best I've ever seen but he's definitely leaps and bounds better than most of the dumb muppets that you find in the majority of other games here. But the absolute pinnacle of intrigue for me atleast HAS to be the older sister.

She has the best scenes in the entire game by far and it's not even the ones with the MC that impressed me the most, instead
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I really hope this game continuous to improve and can manage to achieve its full potential. I will be eagerly awaiting each and every update.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

kweeks1

This is kind of slow burn story, there is some BJ and HJ but mostly story with a setup. The renders of Part 2 are very much improved over Part 1. The one thing I didn't like was the whole route locked which locks out certain actions and dialog between the MC and the other people. I got to point where I got finally have some dialog with the mother only to find it was locked and then I had to figure out where I went wrong and try to fix it so I could improve the relationship with her. A viewable point system would probably be better to at least give us an idea of where we are with each character instead of just blocking us completely out. Overall I thought the whole thing was really good.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

notsoevildead

Well, kudos for equal opportunity seducing. You wanna seduce your mom? Give it a shot. Dad? Sure. Older sister? Sure. Younger sister? Sure. Younger brother? Sure. The gay relationships aren't my bag, so I don't pursue them, but it's interesting to see it as an option.

On the other hand the narrative is not as open. The older sister it guides you to has a fun relationship with you, playing with the incestual flirting, but - there is NTR whether you like it or not.

So, I'm torn. On the one hand good job for writing a character I wanted to pursue a relationship in the older sis. On the other, I feel a kick in the nuts for realizing
    doesn't work for me. I don't need the MC to be Power Dick Who Slays All but this is too much the other way for me.

It presents a family that does appear dysfunctional, like sits around talking through things as a family, which is unusual in these games. So, ok, good.

Like other reviews said the paths are complicated and there are a lot of variables to watch, even with a walkthrough, and it's hard to know where it's going to lead. If you need a walkthrough, no matter what, for a decision-based game, it's probably too complicated.

Good renders, good writing. Frustrating experience.

Edit: grammar
  8. 5.00 star(s)

bufa

Very interesting game, I'm giving 5 stars but probably should give less because the game without the walkthrough mod is kinda of a mess, I missed the bisexuals romances because I messed up a relation with a love interest early on, no idea why this messing the relation with this character affects the choices of romancing other characters but I digress. With the mod really loved the game (even if I'm still locked on some routes without knowing why).
    The story is a bit crazy but interesting, the love interests are hot specially if you like bi-curious content.
    highly recommend!
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Keggo

The story is a bit too goofy for my taste, but why not. While you are constantly confronted with route altering decicions, you mainly move the plot, there is not much action going on.

Already in Pt.2 (0.3) and the game still fiddles around a lot with vanilla wanking and blowjobs, which is quite funny, because everyone is always horny a.f.
    Doesn't make sense to me. To be fair, a bit of standard boinking also happend, but not a lot of it.

The amount of stats one is juggling is overboarding. Would be ok if there already were deeply developed relations, but everything still feels like it just started (and the game is from what, 2019?). A more streamlined approach would be appreciated.

The caracter models are okay if you can stomach mouths and breasts that look like fresh out from the claws of the most drunk Russian plastic surgeon imaginable. I know, tastes differ, but this is just off putting if you would like your romantic encounters to somewhat resemble human beings.

Play it if you like to read a silly story from time to time, or if you have a pointy silcicone breasts and botox lips fetisch. Otherwise, better search elsewhere.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm a naive speaker, not a native speaker. ;)
  10. 5.00 star(s)

CameforFluff

ok story, GREAT dialogues, GREAT characters, GREAT situations and GREAT renders, really looking foward to part 2

just wish we got even more sexy scenes but thats fine, this has lots of routes, and besides, it even has BIsexual routes which more games should do, the guys in this game look amazing
  11. 5.00 star(s)

aniki_math

This is a very solid game. I can't understand why there's a rating under 4/5 stars here. It's got a bit of everything. Lot of ways to play the game and of course A LOT of different routes. It's very difficult to play without the walkthrough mods on because it makes it difficult to get the perfect route you're interested in.

Looking at the PDF walkthrough for example shows how a single decision which on the moment doesn't make a huge difference will make you miss a complete amazing scene. This - IMO - is easy to overcome with the walkthrough mods which some people feels like it's cheating, but here it's more about viewing the other options.

I feel the base game should offer the opportunity to play with the walkthrough mod and it would be a quality increase for most people who may be complaining. The truth to the matter is each game you play needs to be extremely focus on a route or 2 at most to enjoy the full content of that character.

Having a larger Harem overall route could be fun but I feel the direction of this game is mostly about MC discovering his sexuality with some of the character route you may choose.

If I had some other feedback, I wish there would be more explicit scene (full penetration) . It's kind of slow pace with (i would say) 75% of Routes. And I can think of maybe 3 people goes over the blow job/cunnilingus as of yet. I wish some route were more hardcore, especially the horny characters. Anyway that's just a minor detail.

Note; all Bi/Gay or even future not currently implemented Futa/Trans scene are 100% optional. Cutting those scenes from your Route will significantly increase the speed at which a game is played.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

jake22299

one of the best game ever keep it good work its a masterpiece specially the brother content sharing content its remarkeable
    please update quickly and more contant it will be the ,ost popular game it will cross 10 million veiws in no time
    thanks for updating
  13. 2.00 star(s)

Forgotted

The images are great as far as I'm concerned.
    The characters all vary quite a bit which is nice, even when it doesn't fit the story too well.

I don't think I'm giving anything away when I say,
    the MC was in an extended coma and during that time his family forgot about him. There's more to it than that but still...it's sad that the MC is reminded often that he was forgotten.

The love interests spend quite a bit of time telling the MC about their past sexual encounters, multiple orgasms, and exploits. Sad again.

Gameplay can be weird as sometimes scenes loop for no reason, or even part of a scene will flash back up later. Makes no sense.

The spelling and grammer are extremely bad. Some of the lines are hard to read but most can be sussed out.

White lettering on a white background is really a poor choice, such as parts of the save menu and under preferences.

Scenes will pop up out of order. I've played this twice and both times a character wan't introduced but showed up talking/acting like they had met the MC before.

The names won't change. For example, I changed the Mother's name a couple times but it still uses the name Scarlett. The mc calls his parents by their first names which is odd.

I didn't pursue the sister yet there was a morning scene with her suddenly.

Seems like most the women are ending up sleeping around a lot.

Many other things, but mainly.... This could very easily be a 5 star game if they would have somebody else do the final written version as well as have someone proofread and check for continuity errors. The extreme slow development time doesn't help either... I mean, over 4 years since the first release with only a handful of content updates and still this many errors?
  14. 2.00 star(s)

365 others

Season 2 made me stop supporting the dev on Patreon.

I agree with many of the reviews here regarding the text. There are lots and lots of text and tons of renders with no action, but in my case, I did enjoy them as I usually like to read a good story with adult elements.

But there are several issues within this game:
    • The story does get a bit slow at times, and since there are many options that impact the development of the relationship and story between MC and his family, it's very easy to miss some key pieces of context that are referenced later in the game.
    • The devs seemed to try to make this game as customizable as possible, at least regarding the kinks. However, at some point whether you choose the options to see them or not, they are shoved into the story and you have to endure them (such as sharing, or NTR).
    • At some point, it seems likely that you will end up sharing Gina and the rest of the girls (maybe except Riley) with your father, which while it hasn't happened yet, the story kind of insinuates it's going that way.
    • There are several characters that are introduced but then disappear from the story with no further traces, and even the key you get (the main point of the story) changes purpose/behavior with no real development.
    • There are quite some contradictions within the character's development. Gina goes from being the town bicycle to turning out to be just being in an FWB relationship with the mom (and in S2 it seems it's also with her dad), Only to then have that relationship with the aunt, hairdresser employee and then to state that she really hasn't as much experience as she might appear (when coworkers insinuate it).
    • While the models in season 1 are quite good, they are really rough and even ugly in season 2. In season 1 MC is a sort of young adult, well toned and that is developing from teenage to young adult. In season 2 it is magically converted into something like an ex-convict, thin, and frankly quite dumb. Gina did have an improvement, but Scarlett suffered a major setback and is quite rough.
    • When starting season 2, the player is asked for a save from season 1, just to get asked again the MC's name as well as several key decisions made in season 1, making them pointless.
    In general, I liked season 1, but so far all of the season 2 releases have gotten worse and worse. I'll leave this game on my return list for a couple of months, hoping it improves.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

Adoringfan

I tried to like this one, but holy shit is it a slog. There is so much goddamn reading. It's not particularly funny, witty, insightful, or charming, it's just a shitton of reading. The first 1/3 of the game it seems like there was someone proofreading and then after that all bets are off and it's just a smattering deciphering the string of words. I didn't feel anything from the story or the dialogue.

Next there are the facial renders and just the models in general. These vary wildly frame by frame. Also what is with adding fupas to every character? It's pretty weird that every female and some males have that pooch on their belly like they gave birth to 3 kids back to back. This is a weird one, cause the male models tend to look better than the female models, except for the mc who looks like he had brain surgery and shouldn't be out of the icu most of the time. Female models, only Gina and Luna are consistent and even then a single click and they could look like some kinda monster from a horror movie.

There is no real character development you get a few lines of exposition to explain why no one visited him when he was in the hospital (which was dumb) and then it's off to the races with everyone being horny for the mc. I guess after having to read 2 Harry Potter books worth of text it feels like a relief, but there is no pay off. I still don't know who these characters are, or why I should care about them.

Also why is there a sandbox tag? I mean it kinda felt like I was playing a sandbox with how long it took to get nowhere. What is the story? That the mc is horny, because his hormones are not being suppressed anymore, so just excuse the bad writing because horny brain lol?

tl;dr a LOT of reading, with tiny payoffs of rough looking models
  16. 5.00 star(s)

VladimirPup

unexpectedly for me, this novel eventually became the most anticipated in terms of the release of sequels.
    You can see how the author progresses with each update in terms of graphics, characters and plot development.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

JUHI KHANNA

One of the few games that makes me come back to it update after update. I love the dynamics and the build up the renders are decent too except for the MC who looks sh!t imho.
    I am mainly playing this for the father-son storyline it's raunchy and has the potential to explode into an amazing track. I hope dev focuses on it and this story line of father-son doesn't get lost or neglected for other characters.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Danjuro83

When you start reading a review of a porn game where it says "great writing" or something similar, that's when you'll realize that game isn't worth it. It currently has two parts and I can assure you that there are barely 5 sex scenes in total.

The kinks it has caught my attention, but the amount of text in this game is maddening. It seems that the dev wanted to compensate for her/his lack of talent with the sex scenes by putting a huge amount of text.

Users must understand the following, it is a site for adult games, mostly pornographic, so there must be a balance between images and text.

End by saying that if someone says that this game is 10/10, they are taking the rest of the users for idiots.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

PieFlavor

Usually dont leave ratings but the writing and scenes for this game is pretty good. Played mainly for the male characters but I have a high tolerance for things not in my wheelhouse. The female scenes were nice by themselves and the various threesome options even moreso. With how good this looks, Im looking forward to more updates to the characters.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

DIELLO

I was pleasantly surprised and I thing this is an underrated game. The pacing is good, it has a coherent story and likeable characters. I think it's very good for people with diverse tastes (optional). I'd say it's pretty unique in that respect when compared to other games of similar quality. Aesthetically, it's quite good, perhaps not top tier, but more than good enough.